Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nurse DS for the last time tonight.

We're done. DS is 25 months... WAY longer than I expected or truely even wanted to go, but he wanted it. He still wants it. I'm done... so I'm making him be done too. Tomorrow evening may be rough. For the past 6+ months, he's asked for it after his naps (only on the weekends since I work M-F) and he gets once off of each side during the evening/before bed. It calms him. Lately he's been getting the toddler ants-in-his-pants routine down where he wants to nurse but he also wants to crank his head around and watch Diego. He kicks his feet up and knocks my glasses off my face. He picks at my lips and gums with his sharp nails. Ouch!
My poor droopy boobs in the stretched out bras look terrible - so last week I treated myself to 2 nice new VS bras - the girls are looking nice and perky now and it's a PITA to nurse with those on. I want to get lasik eye surgery before getting pg again... and have to be done nursing for a month before they'll do a consult. I'd like to start TTC in the summer... so, we're done. Tonight I let him nurse once off of each side... and we'll see how tomorrow and the subsequent nights go, but we're done.

Advertisement

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
redhairboy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Nurse DS for the last time tonight.

Good luck mama! Keep up posted on how the next night goes. I remember trying to wean my DS1. It took me being pregnant to do the trick. I think it was during the 2nd tri. I really can't remember when he was done for good. He would nurse alittle here and there.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #3
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ot but why do you have to stop nursing to get lasik? I know mamas that have done it during. Have your eyes changed that much since pg?
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
myoo
Registered Users

My Mood:

My mother weaned me at 25 months by rubbing a little bit of Robitussin on her nipples. The next time I wanted to nurse, I tried one side, pulled off and said "yucky," tried the other side, pulled off and said "yucky," and never tried to nurse again. That was it!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Last night, he pointed to my chest once and said "murse"... I said they were all gone and offered his sippy of milk instead. That was the end of it for that night.
Tonight, he did the same thing 2 different times, but gladly took the sippy cup without any fuss.

I've had glasses since I was 4. I think maybe 2 years out of the past 27 years that I've been getting eye exams they haven't changed. I've contacted the surgery place already (quite a few months ago) to find out how long I should be done for and they said 1 month.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoo View Post
My mother weaned me at 25 months by rubbing a little bit of Robitussin on her nipples. The next time I wanted to nurse, I tried one side, pulled off and said "yucky," tried the other side, pulled off and said "yucky," and never tried to nurse again. That was it!
That's pretty creative!
I tried putting bandaids on them probably 6 months ago when I was ready to be done.. but he just ripped them off and tossed them aside!