Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Weekly chat March 12th

Wow it's already Monday again???? I don't know about you ladies but time sure seems to be flying by fast! Quite a few ladies (hopefully myself included) will be finding out the gender of their babies this week!!! Ooh I wonder if team pink will get a few more members or if team blue will dominate??? August sure does seem to be the month of the boy!! ( no one tell my mil. I've been having nightmares over her reaction if this little blessing is a boy...)

How is everyone feeling today??? I actually got some great sleep last night on top of my nap. The weather here is finally beautiful so DS and I can spend the day outside.

So about 15 min ago I was walking through the house to get a jacket. I slipped on our hardwood floors (I never thought I would be able to say that my floors are too clean but....) my wrist hurst and I fell on the side of my belly. I'm a bit crampy but I feel the baby moving so I'm sure everything is alright. I'm such a clutz.

Ooohhh last night I felt the baby bumping my hand!! Eeekk I can't wait for DH to feel it! He falls asleep every night holding my belly and kisses the baby before he leave for work in the morning. Already such a loving daddy!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!! What do you have planned?

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly chat March 12th

Ouch! glad you are ok! Falling hurts normally but add a round belly that makes you off balance and it's worse!

It's rainy here (IN) and I didn't get any good sleep last night. DH left at 5am for 4 days and I am just now getting around and ready. Kids have been parked in front of the tv. With our busy weekend I am not feeling too bad.

I've got laundry piles and walls to paint. Nothing to exciting here. Can't wait to hear baby news this week! Our U/S is next Friday. We need to start a new thread with boy/girl news to keep track!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Martha has the score up on our sticky. I think there is something like 8 boys to 3 girls my big us isn't until the 2nd buuut Wednesday I'm having an ultrasound to measure my cervical length before they start my progesterone shots so I figure it wouldnt hurt to ask since do know they will check the baby fingers crossed.

I hope the rain clears up a bit. DS is going bananas in the house so we are going to walk up to our housing office and see if we can get a bigger house soon.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Computer less for a couple of days and I hate typing on my phone. I'm trying to keep up though. Big u/s scheduled for a week from tomorrow. Everyone due on my date though is having a boy, wonder if I'll round it out! lol
Old 03-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
boogamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning, Ladies!!

My one year old is officially weaned. It's always bittersweet for me to be done nursing.

2 more days until we *hopefully* know if this baby is a boy or girl. My daughter is still set that it's a girl, so I really hope for her sake, it is. Either way, I hope baby is growing healthy and strong!

Anyone else have their a/s this week?
boogamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
MrsD
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't to find out till the 27th, but I started washing baby stuff & I am setting up the changing table I got at Goodwill. It fits perfectly where I wanted it in our living room!

The kitties seem to think I put it there for them!

SAHM to Xander (8/1/12) & expecting #2 in February!
MrsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cute! great find! just in case you want to start training them to stay off/out of baby surfaces (not that the bottom is one but.... LOL.... they will find the top soon... ) we found a few tricks that worked!

for the crib and bassinet we blew up balloons and put a layer in the bottom of the crib and covered it lightly with a sheet. the cats didn't like the unstable surface and only jumped in once! We just left them in there though till we were ready to start using it for DD.

On the top of the changing table I put pieces of cardboard with bunches of loops of tape on it. Or you can use double sided tape. They jumped up there a few times got sticky and were done exploring!

You can use the same tricks to teach them the swing and car seat are off limits if you want them out of there too.

I would try to do it so the first experience in the item is yucky for them. don't let them get comfy sleeping in crib and then have to break them of it. KWIM?

I think our kitty is about to have kittens soon. the kids are excited!

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
MrsD
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthathecakelady View Post
Cute! great find! just in case you want to start training them to stay off/out of baby surfaces (not that the bottom is one but.... LOL.... they will find the top soon... ) we found a few tricks that worked!

for the crib and bassinet we blew up balloons and put a layer in the bottom of the crib and covered it lightly with a sheet. the cats didn't like the unstable surface and only jumped in once! We just left them in there though till we were ready to start using it for DD.

On the top of the changing table I put pieces of cardboard with bunches of loops of tape on it. Or you can use double sided tape. They jumped up there a few times got sticky and were done exploring!

You can use the same tricks to teach them the swing and car seat are off limits if you want them out of there too.

I would try to do it so the first experience in the item is yucky for them. don't let them get comfy sleeping in crib and then have to break them of it. KWIM?

I think our kitty is about to have kittens soon. the kids are excited!

My cats are weird & would think it's a new toy

I plan on getting those collapsible canvas bins for the shelves so there's no room for kitties. For the crib/playpen (not sure which we'll go with right now) I'll try some of those suggestions. Thanks!
SAHM to Xander (8/1/12) & expecting #2 in February!
MrsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Been doing laundry all morning here, I'm amazingly sort of caught up! I also listed some maternity clothes on fsot. Trying to clean up the house and move things out.

I've been destashing the kids clothes too! So far I've gotten rid of 5 garbage bags full of clothing from me, dh, and each of the kiddos. Feels so good to declutter.

Am I nesting already?! lol or maybe just spring cleaning?!

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #10
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by myall4him2
Been doing laundry all morning here, I'm amazingly sort of caught up! I also listed some maternity clothes on fsot. Trying to clean up the house and move things out.

I've been destashing the kids clothes too! So far I've gotten rid of 5 garbage bags full of clothing from me, dh, and each of the kiddos. Feels so good to declutter.

Am I nesting already?! lol or maybe just spring cleaning?!
I am dying to do this... I went shopping Wednesday and when I got home cleaned out my side of the closet and all my drawers!! I need to do the kids closets. I have two garbage bags of stuff to donate to our breastfed ding rummage sale this week. Yay I love cleaning things out! I was wondering if it was nesting or spring cleaning too!

AFM: I will be 16 weeks this week and I am soooo tempted to get a gender sono. They were going to do one at 16 w and then my midwife said we should wait until 18. Booooo. I had a dream last night that this was a boy... I still kind of think girl, but either way I can't wait to find out! I can feel baby kicking and last night saw my belly move when baby kicked! Only a couple of times, but so amazing!