Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
luvallmykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly chat March 12th

been keeping up wiith everyone, but not commenting. Anyway braxon hicks are bad this time around.

Advertisement

luvallmykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #22
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruenderbaby View Post
I don't know, they could be . . . interesting theory. How long did you try to go with your first couple before being induced? One of my theories is if your body isn't allowed to do it on it's own the first time (or two) it won't know how after that. But then I am one of those who believes that interventions and drugs (even being checked before being in labor) can have adverse affects on labor and delivery. Oh, AND I have been lucky enough to go into labor before my 'due' date, so I don't have the perspective of someone who had to wait.
I have never had any contractions. Ever. until they start the pitocin. With baby #1 I was a few days late and Dr was talking about inducing me on July 5th (a week over). Well I had family coming into town to see the baby over 4th of july so I asked if he would consider doing it on the 3rd. LOL. He said sure and I was almost a 2 so they induced me at 7am and she was born at 1:30 that afternoon. she was 4 days late and 9 lbs 4 oz

baby #2 no contractions- ever and dr was worried that baby was going to be big because of being #2 and a boy. so he induced me like 3 days early. I was a solid 2. Induced at like 10 am and he was born at 3:35 that afternoon. 9 lbs 4 oz. and 3 days early.

baby #3- no contractions ever even though I really tried! I dug a huge hole in my garden, I walked stairs at the mall, etc. I was around a 2-3 but I can't remember when they induced me with her or her birth time. but she came almost before the Dr could get in the room. she delivered her on her knees with her gown and mask only half on! LOL! Because they didn't even have time to get the table set. She was born only 2 days early and was small! only 8lbs 4 oz!

baby#4 - no contractions ever but I was a 4 when they induced me. She thought maybe since my body is stinking good at labor once they get me jumpstarted that we should just try breaking my water to see if I would contract on my own. 2 hours later.... NO CONTRACTIONS!! ugh! and still only a 4. So at 11 they finally got my pit started and as soon as they let me have her (group b strep this time) I had to wait till 2 for the antibiotics. she was born at like 2:15. she was early like 6 days and 8 lbs 15 oz.

soooo..... this time.... we are going to be DTD a lot trying to get labor going. LOL- I already warned my DH of that. heehee! and I am going to ask her NOT to break my water till I am fully efaced and dilated and ready to deliver. but I fully expect to have another pitocin labor. I have nothing to compare it to so ..... It is what it is! I don't get epidurals so I would really like to experience labor but am not willing to wait for baby to come on his own! I make them big and chunky!

In fact I told my hubby that I he could go to work at least part of the day and I would call him when I think it is almost time to push! LOL. He works at the same hospital I will deliver at!

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #23
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallmykids View Post
been keeping up wiith everyone, but not commenting. Anyway braxon hicks are bad this time around.
I am sorry!

What do they feel like? have you had them with each preg?

My facebook "fan" page
Old 03-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #24
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallmykids
I feel you. Mine come mostly at the end of the day (unless we've had a busy day then all day) my belly hardens and I get lightening crotch and feel my RL pulling. It's no fun. I never had them before. DS wasn't an active baby but this one seems to do the Mexican hat dance at every opportunity.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #25
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

what makes a contraction braxton hicks and not a real contraction? just because it is early?

My facebook "fan" page
Old 03-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #26
bruenderbaby
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthathecakelady View Post
I have never had any contractions. Ever. until they start the pitocin. With baby #1 I was a few days late and Dr was talking about inducing me on July 5th (a week over). Well I had family coming into town to see the baby over 4th of july so I asked if he would consider doing it on the 3rd. LOL. He said sure and I was almost a 2 so they induced me at 7am and she was born at 1:30 that afternoon. she was 4 days late and 9 lbs 4 oz

baby #2 no contractions- ever and dr was worried that baby was going to be big because of being #2 and a boy. so he induced me like 3 days early. I was a solid 2. Induced at like 10 am and he was born at 3:35 that afternoon. 9 lbs 4 oz. and 3 days early.

baby #3- no contractions ever even though I really tried! I dug a huge hole in my garden, I walked stairs at the mall, etc. I was around a 2-3 but I can't remember when they induced me with her or her birth time. but she came almost before the Dr could get in the room. she delivered her on her knees with her gown and mask only half on! LOL! Because they didn't even have time to get the table set. She was born only 2 days early and was small! only 8lbs 4 oz!

baby#4 - no contractions ever but I was a 4 when they induced me. She thought maybe since my body is stinking good at labor once they get me jumpstarted that we should just try breaking my water to see if I would contract on my own. 2 hours later.... NO CONTRACTIONS!! ugh! and still only a 4. So at 11 they finally got my pit started and as soon as they let me have her (group b strep this time) I had to wait till 2 for the antibiotics. she was born at like 2:15. she was early like 6 days and 8 lbs 15 oz.

soooo..... this time.... we are going to be DTD a lot trying to get labor going. LOL- I already warned my DH of that. heehee! and I am going to ask her NOT to break my water till I am fully efaced and dilated and ready to deliver. but I fully expect to have another pitocin labor. I have nothing to compare it to so ..... It is what it is! I don't get epidurals so I would really like to experience labor but am not willing to wait for baby to come on his own! I make them big and chunky!

In fact I told my hubby that I he could go to work at least part of the day and I would call him when I think it is almost time to push! LOL. He works at the same hospital I will deliver at!
Wow! Four petocin induced labors and no epi?! That is amazing! From what I've heard, it is impossible to deal with the pain of petocin powered contractions. Maybe you are one of the few who have no pain with contractions. That could explain why you were at a 4, but didn't 'feel' any contractions. I have a friend who doesn't feel any contractions until they knock her to the floor and then she delivers in less than four hours. She also has very large babies (hubby is 6'9"). It is fascinating to me how every woman is so different and even each delivery can be.

Well, good luck getting your labor giong naturally this time. Oh, and DTD worked for us with #2, even though that wasn't really our intention.
bruenderbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #27
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthathecakelady
what makes a contraction braxton hicks and not a real contraction? just because it is early?
No it doesn't hurt (at least mine) and they don't do anything really. My pain come from the ligaments. Most women actually have them often they just don't know. They are the cause of false labor. Essentially they are the same thing but since they are early they call them Braxton hicks.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #28
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

They won't cause any cervical changes, typically go away with hydration / shower / relaxing / etc.. They are higher up in the abdomen, often make you feel like you are short of breath, things like that.

Practice contractions are good, though (I HATE the term "fake" when it comes to contractions! They are very real, just not an indicator of active labor), they tone the uterus to prevent hemorrhage, they get your body prepped for labor, all kinds of good stuff.

Martha, good luck! I have had pitocin to augment with both deliveries, and avoided the epi as well. I know the pain! And trust me, you've been through labor! Pitocin contractions are no joke!

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::

Last edited by MommyKeller0107; 03-12-2012 at 05:42 PM.
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #29
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoly82 View Post
I feel you. Mine come mostly at the end of the day (unless we've had a busy day then all day) my belly hardens and I get lightening crotch and feel my RL pulling. It's no fun. I never had them before. DS wasn't an active baby but this one seems to do the Mexican hat dance at every opportunity.

I could have written that word for word, except that it makes my "crotch area" hurt, like menstrual cramps. It's not excruciating pain, but not comfortable either.

I got them last night while sitting watching TV after the kids were in bed, and then whenever I went to bed if I rolled to my right side it would happen then too. Fussy little womb lol

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #30
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

Lightening crotch. I hate that feeling!

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote