Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Marchkins 12-18

New week - bring on new squishies!!!

I dreamed I had my baby last night, kinda sad when I woke up and it wasn't true. I think I dreamed it because I have quite a few contractions that kept me awake for a while last night. I even started timing them but they only averaged about 10 minutes apart and then they quit. But they were lasting 1-2 minutes each.

There's a consignment sale on Thursday I'd like to go to - if I don't have a baby. Need to get some clothes for dd1's summer wardrobe. I got her a dress on Saturday but it's not going to last her the summer - it's going to be too short and it's a 2t. Guess I'll be looking for 3t dresses.

Midwife appointment tomorrow. Hoping she can tell me if I've made any "progress."

Advertisement

lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Re: Marchkins 12-18

I'm home from work early today - been feeling awful since about 9 am... I am feeling contractions but mostly a cramp that radiates to a horrible backache, got some diarrhea, and feel very nauseated.

Please send me labor vibes... I want to be DONE!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
New week - bring on new squishies!!!

I dreamed I had my baby last night, kinda sad when I woke up and it wasn't true. I think I dreamed it because I have quite a few contractions that kept me awake for a while last night. I even started timing them but they only averaged about 10 minutes apart and then they quit. But they were lasting 1-2 minutes each.

There's a consignment sale on Thursday I'd like to go to - if I don't have a baby. Need to get some clothes for dd1's summer wardrobe. I got her a dress on Saturday but it's not going to last her the summer - it's going to be too short and it's a 2t. Guess I'll be looking for 3t dresses.

Midwife appointment tomorrow. Hoping she can tell me if I've made any "progress."
Hope you have made progress! Today was the first time I've had contractions even during a nap. Of course they completely stopped when I was about to call my Mom and start timing them. Checked to see if my cervix was lower, and it was actually so high I couldn't feel it at ALL, which I've never had before. So I'm not going to get checked at my appt. today. I doubt they will offer me an induction date, just a 'see you next week' appointment. Hopefully you have progress and labor will be soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJayne View Post
I'm home from work early today - been feeling awful since about 9 am... I am feeling contractions but mostly a cramp that radiates to a horrible backache, got some diarrhea, and feel very nauseated.

Please send me labor vibes... I want to be DONE!
Sending lots of labor vibes your way!! I have been trying to get my contractions to keep coming by walking, bouncing on my birthing ball, and we took a walk yesterday. This afternoon I just feel like it hit me that I could give myself 100 "pre-labors" if I keep doing this. So every time I start contractions, I am going to take a shower, take a nap, and just take it easy, hoping it goes away. Tired of getting worked up into what I think is 'labor', only to have it peter out when it seems like it's getting serious. Our bodies are so evil.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I wish I could make my brain stop obsessing about having this baby but I have no ability to turn that off!! When I wake up in the middle of the night, when I'm dreaming, every thing I do, everywhere I go.... And if I start having contractions I hope and pray that they will intensify and bring a baby soon rather than peter out!

Blah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Well I took a shower and the contractions seemed to slow but now they are back, except they are really only a wave-like backache... I'm off tomorrow anyway because DS1 just spiked a SUPER high fever (104.3) about an hour ago. I gave him meds but he has gross cold-like symptoms (cough and runny nose) and now the fever - which leads me to believe he's got pneumonia again

I can't be in labor now... LOL... DS1 is sick and my dad (who was going to watch DS1) thinks he has the flu - Of course that means I'll probably go into full blown labor today or tonight
Old 03-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There is a cupcake bakery here in town that sells delicious lemon cupcakes that they say induce labor. Of course I don't believe that, but they do give pregnant women a free cupcake, which I was REALLY looking forward to!

They were closed because it's monday!! Ugh I was so mad because I could already taste that cupcake....

Mom took a few more pics today with my daughter; I hope they come out. I want to have the baby tonight because I'm tired of fixing dinner and cleaning up after it for us and my mom! I am a snacker, so figuring out three meals a day for another person has been more stressful than I anticipated. I've been SO EMOTIONAL for the past few days; I'm ready to have a newborn and have a good excuse for the crazy emotions.
But...not a single contraction. Not that that means anything based on my prior experience....but I've been bouncing on this ball like crazy, so I hope it's doing something!!

McMandy- I kept waking up last night thinking that I should be having contractions or SOMETHING, but it was all in my head. At least I've been getting lots of sleep because my daughter is sleeping in her room and with my mom when she wakes up. I am absolutely sure on my dates, but that doesn't mean that he won't be "late", I guess.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Had appt. today. I'm 1 cm and long (no effacement). BP was way high at first, and then they checked 10 minutes later and it was much lower and better. Protein in urine and some liver pain and headaches = the symptoms for Pre-E. If I get any headaches or blurred vision I have to go in right away. Luckily I haven't had those in a week or so, but it still scares me.

My cervix is not favorable for induction, but contractions keep coming. He said to try some at home natural methods to get my cervix more favorable so I can come in and be admitted. SOOOO wish I knew what to do!! My body keeps having contractions even through naps, so I know it's 'ready', just more of warming up. I am going to try using my pump, walking a little. I really do not want to try laxatives, although most midwives do prefer them for a jump start when in prodromal or early labor.

Hoping that no more pre-e symptoms come. But hoping I can get my labor more jump-started tonight so I don't even have to worry about it. I have another appointment Thursday, and he wants to recheck urine and BP, and cervix. Hoping I don't get to that point. Wish I had known the symptoms of pre-e earlier. I was complaining to the previous DR about weird pains in my upper abdomen. And TODAY the other DR tells me I should look for pain in my liver. I also told her about my headaches and eye pain, and she thought nothing of it. Thank God nothing serious happened, but glad I know that when those things DO happen, it's not just me being crazy.

Almost got induced last week for high BP, and then almost again today for protein and BP. Praying the headaches and liver pain stay away, and I can just get labor jump started so it's nothing to worry about anymore.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
Had appt. today. I'm 1 cm and long (no effacement). BP was way high at first, and then they checked 10 minutes later and it was much lower and better. Protein in urine and some liver pain and headaches = the symptoms for Pre-E. If I get any headaches or blurred vision I have to go in right away. Luckily I haven't had those in a week or so, but it still scares me.

My cervix is not favorable for induction, but contractions keep coming. He said to try some at home natural methods to get my cervix more favorable so I can come in and be admitted. SOOOO wish I knew what to do!! My body keeps having contractions even through naps, so I know it's 'ready', just more of warming up. I am going to try using my pump, walking a little. I really do not want to try laxatives, although most midwives do prefer them for a jump start when in prodromal or early labor.

Hoping that no more pre-e symptoms come. But hoping I can get my labor more jump-started tonight so I don't even have to worry about it. I have another appointment Thursday, and he wants to recheck urine and BP, and cervix. Hoping I don't get to that point. Wish I had known the symptoms of pre-e earlier. I was complaining to the previous DR about weird pains in my upper abdomen. And TODAY the other DR tells me I should look for pain in my liver. I also told her about my headaches and eye pain, and she thought nothing of it. Thank God nothing serious happened, but glad I know that when those things DO happen, it's not just me being crazy.

Almost got induced last week for high BP, and then almost again today for protein and BP. Praying the headaches and liver pain stay away, and I can just get labor jump started so it's nothing to worry about anymore.
Wow that sounds stressful! I hope that you don't have to be induced; it sounds like it might be a long process

I have the opposite problem- my cervix is ready and baby is pretty low; I'm just waiting on contractions! I'm trying to be patient and not take anything, though. I have until tomorrow to decide if I want to get the caulophyllum from the midwife.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmm, lower pain and pressure....hmmm. Highly doubt it's anything though. Then again maybe it is...I'm so confused hah.

Trying dd1 out in her big girl bed, it's not going the greatest...
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #10
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope all you ladies start making some progress; several of you sound like you're really ready! And for those of us who have a bit longer, we want to see some more squish.

Nothing going on here. Just waiting and getting things together. DH and I went car shopping this past weekend and looked at vans. I never thought I'd be a "van mom", but after we compared the MPGs (and the price tag) on a suburban to a van, I quickly made the thrifty switch. DH is having a hard time, but said it would be MY car, so for me to get what I want.