Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #21
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins 12-18

^IDK about the contractions - I only had very few sporadic ones with dd1 until I was induced. This seems more like a first pregnancy than a second because of that.

And I hope your dad and ds start to feel better soon.

So after trying dd1 in her big girl bed she went to sleep late then woke up at 7 this morning. She has spoiled me greatly by sleeping until 9:30-10 lately. She did lay in bed with me for an hour, I was just not ready to get up and move around at 7.

Midwife appointment today, was hoping she'd come see me instead of having to go to her but pretty sure baby isn't coming today. 1+1 until my due date though!

Advertisement

lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #22
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After 2 weeks of not peeing in the bed, my mom is here and Claire is sleeping in her bed and then with my mom in the guest bed...and she's peed in my mom's bed twice in a row now! ugh. I think it has something to do with us putting her to bed without sitting with her and letting her cry for a bit. It had to be done eventually, but it's set her back a bit with the nighttime potty routine. I guess it's better to get it out of the way before the new baby, though. I hope this phase doesn't last too long.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #23
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peach0121 View Post
I have a really dumb question. This is our first baby so I really don't know what things are supposed to feel like. I've been feeling more tightening of the stomach area, which I think are just Braxton Hicks. Is the difference between real contractions and braxton hicks just that real contractions come with pain?

We have a C-section scheduled for 3/23 so I really need baby to stay in till then....
Tightening of the belly is a contraction. Braxton Hicks are normally sporadic and will lessen with rest, drinking large amounts of water, etc. whereas actual active labor contractions continue and get closer together and more intense. As for pain, I can honestly say my contractions were never horribly painful. The best way to describe them were overwhelming. It was almost like my body was trying to have a seizure and I was just trying to stay in control/ on top of it. Hope your baby stays in there a little while longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
So night one of dd1 in her big girl bed = fail. She is now peacefully sleeping in her crib. I wanted her moved so I wouldn't have to deal with newborn sleep deprivation and trying to move her but I don't see a way around it. I'm trying to find conversion rails for the new crib we bought and maybe if we get her used to sleeping in a non-crib she'll switch to her new room better...idk. Oh and picking her up to get her in and out of bed is killing me. I dropped her at nap time today on the mattress but still it scared her.
Isn't she around 2yo? She may just not be ready yet. I know we switched DS1 when he was about 2.5yo (DS2 was about 5-6mo) and it went really smooth then. He was PLing, had accepted his big brother role by then and was ready sleep in a big boy bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJayne View Post
*sigh* of course things CANNOT go my way just once!

DS1 had a high fever; took him to the doctor only to be scolded for not getting him his flu shot... it's viral... might be influenza since he didn't get the vax. His fever FINALLY broke this morning (poor baby!)

AND my cousin called me to tell me that my father is in the ER last night!!!! I'm a bit hurt he didn't call me but really he was trying not to stress me out anymore. He was having lots of trouble breathing and so he went in. They say his sodium levels are really high and his lungs are filling with fluid. So they kept him overnight in ICU! ICU! I'm so scared and can't go visit him until DH gets home (around 4:45) because of DS being sick - no one will watch him (except my mother who I am not allowed to tell about dad - messy divorce)

AND since all these things are happening in the last 24 hours, I'd start having some more regular (not so painful yet) contractions this morning!
OH my! I hope your Dad recovers quickly and they get all that fluid out of his lungs.

As for your DS, don't feel bad about the scolding. We never get the flu vaccinations here either and there are several viruses out there that mimic the flu (DS1 had one 2 years ago), so I think it's really bold of them to scold you for something that may not have anything to do with it anyway.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #24
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

I have to roll my eyes about the stupid vax... I got it because they basically forced it upon me but really that stupid vax is only for ONE strain of influenza, there are HUNDREDS out there! Why should I subject my poor kid to that?

AND since he's feeling much better today apparently (fever broke overnight) - he "doesn't like me and doesnt' care for me" today... makes me feel like it couldn't be influenza... just one day of fever and sick?

It's amazingly beautiful out today - I'm going to evaluate his "symptoms" a bit later on and see if we can at least go for a walk!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #25
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Today is my last day pregnant...probably forever! I have to be at the hospital at 4am for a 6am Csection. I am SO glad that it's early so that I can go to sleep and wake up and only have 2-3 hrs to wait until I get to meet my daughter! My daughter....whew....after 3 boys that sounds SO weird to say!

I find myself filled with anxiety today. I've had 4 easy csections, and 4 healthy babies. Is it my turn for something to go wrong?? Will the daughter I've longed for come out healthy? Will I make it out of my Csection without complications? All these questions are running through my mind and it's making me stressed. I want to be filled with excitement, not worry and anxiety about the unknown. Ugh!

Okay....enough of that!! Off to continue to cleaning and baking! Yup, I've waited until the last minute! But at least I'm super busy and therefore the hours are flying by!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #26
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So today just isn't my day....dd1 wakes up super early for her and then just as I get in the bath tub to relax during nap time...she wakes up. I wonder if my eye will ever stop twitching - my left eye twitches when I don't get enough sleep/rest. If dd1 keeps this up then having a newborn...gah.

I want this baby to come so dh will be home for 2 weeks and take care of dd1 for me.... I know it will only spoil me and I won't like it when he goes back to work but I just need a break right now....

@CountryChicMama - yes she's almost 2, in about a week. I think what I'm going to try is making the new crib we got for dd2 into a toddler bed in her current room and get her used to sleeping in a "regular" bed then work on moving rooms later. Or if it comes down to it baby can just have the new room and dd1 can stay where she is. I just thought the bigger room would do better for a toddler - more room for toys and play when dd2 is sleeping...
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #27
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Baby girl is here. Took some laxatives last night and they gave my very mild contractions I could barely feel. Pumped for 20 minutes and my water broke! Got to have the labor I wanted - instantly admitted, epidural for a nice pain-free labor, and only 1 hour of painful pushing. SO much better than my 10-20 hour very painful labors. Everything was perfect, and so is she! Will update with pictures soon!

Baby Girl (Lily or Anora - haven't decided yet)
7 pounds 4 ounces, 39.2 weeks, 3/13/2012, 1:30pm
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #28
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

@mykzoofamily - Congratulations on your baby girl!!! Can't wait to see pictures of her!

@lecialefty - I'm not having a very good day either so to you girl! DS is being a stinker, I put myself on early maternity leave due to the stuff with my dad, my mom's biopsy came back 1 of the 3 cells were cancerous (which they say is okay because she's having a historectomy in a few weeks anyway), and I am now scrambling around to find a "backup plan" for DS because my dad was going to take off a week and watch DS when I had the baby - and now he's going to be in the hospital for a few days more... so if I have baby soon (which is a probablity) I need someone else who can watch him!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #29
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yayyyyy Kzooooooooo!!!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #30
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
Baby girl is here. Took some laxatives last night and they gave my very mild contractions I could barely feel. Pumped for 20 minutes and my water broke! Got to have the labor I wanted - instantly admitted, epidural for a nice pain-free labor, and only 1 hour of painful pushing. SO much better than my 10-20 hour very painful labors. Everything was perfect, and so is she! Will update with pictures soon!

Baby Girl (Lily or Anora - haven't decided yet)
7 pounds 4 ounces, 39.2 weeks, 3/13/2012, 1:30pm
YAY congrats!!!!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote