Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Does this exist? Looking for a trim,affordable lay in insert for a NB/smaller baby

Anyone?

Looking for something to lay in covers--i have mainly thirsties duo 1's and bummis super lite smalls-- not really feeling the prefold love- my DD is approx 10 lbs and 1 month old. I'd like something that i can just lay in the cover that is trim but absorbant-- not too pricey either. Anyone have any rec's? i have some flip inserts --stay dry and organic but they are kinda bulky yet-- trifolded prefolds aren't really my fav either-- i have some Alva bamboo inserts and some kissaluv super doublers that i have tried as well--not decided on them yet--lol... just wondering if anyone has found a great insert to lay in a cover for a small baby!

thanks!

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

What about padfolded flats? I find them really trim laid in a cover a d they are definitely affordable. I have size small Diaper Rite and they fit on the small and medium rise setting in all my covers
Old 03-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Does this exist? Looking for a trim,affordable lay in insert for a NB/smaller bab

I used Thirsties duo hemp inserts for that purpose when my baby was a tiny one. They worked really well for that and were really nice and trim. They are pretty economical as well
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does this exist? Looking for a trim,affordable lay in insert for a NB/smaller bab

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika375 View Post
What about padfolded flats? I find them really trim laid in a cover a d they are definitely affordable. I have size small Diaper Rite and they fit on the small and medium rise setting in all my covers
I did just get some imagine flats-- i've been oragami folding em under the cover-- but maybe i'll try pad folding!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
I used Thirsties duo hemp inserts for that purpose when my baby was a tiny one. They worked really well for that and were really nice and trim. They are pretty economical as well
I've been wondering about those! i wish i could find a few on FSOT!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ive done trifolded preemie PFs and made bamboo/zorb inserts to lay in covers.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #7
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't personally used them but what about the Flip newborn inserts?
Old 03-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was lookig at the flip newborn inserts too-- but my DD is a super soaker--i think those would be perfect if they were 3 layers instead of just 2 of the microfiber.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mms1972 View Post
I was lookig at the flip newborn inserts too-- but my DD is a super soaker--i think those would be perfect if they were 3 layers instead of just 2 of the microfiber.
try bamboo/zorb its super absorbent and trim
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm thinking of trying Geffen Baby inserts. They look really trim! (I saw them at my local CD store) I haven't found many reviews on them, but the few I have seen say they are really absorbent! They are supposed to be made from hemp and cotton. My only concern is they may be too long or too wide to fit in little covers.