Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #21
Kindermama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does anyone here not vaccinate EXCEPT for tetanus?

That is the only vaccine we're considering for our 3 youngest kids (who are not vaccinated at all yet). We wouldn't vaccinate the baby but his sisters (ages 5 & 7) and wait until he's a bit older. It would help protect him because they go to school. I had Pertussis so I'm naturally immune for now. I have only received one vaccine in my live...DT at age 16.

Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #22
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tetanus is very easily treatable. If you get a wound that is at risk for tetanus you can get the igg after the fact and be good to go.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #23
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

We have been a non-vax family since my oldest was 18months...but we are considering letting the kids get DTaP. I have always been of the mindset of VERY selective, and VERY delayed might be okay with us (like MMR or varicella given before puberty if needed) so I may vary than the typical non-vaxer. We cannot find just the tetanus portion around here for pediatric use, it will have to be the full DTap.

We live on a farm and our next door neighbors have horses and there likely was horses previously living on our property. Despite doing research that tetanus isn't a huge concern when we were firm in our choice of not vaxing...we gut is telling me to do it. I have to vax my goats for it because it is such a huge problem and my kids are out on the same acreage getting hurt all the time.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #24
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband and I were just talking about this!! Undecided at this point, however once incident occurred, we would immediately vaccinate in urgent care.
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #25
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

I'm just jumping in here, never posted here before. We are about to move off grid, we are currently rural, but life on an island with neighbors, and a grid

DD was vaxd on schedule until age 2, and DS has not been vaxd. They will both receive the tetanus vax, currently unsure if we will do Dtap or just tetanus.

Where we are our ped's office will not do just tetanus, but there is a naturopath that will (our insurance of course will not cover it though)
Old 04-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #26
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tetanus comes in several forms, DTaP, Dt or Td. All are available at our physician. My husband is unsold on the idea after further conversation.
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote