Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Other Than This Dang GD, I Just Don't Feel Pregnant....

I'm feeling kind of down in the dump-sy lately about this pregnancy and I don't feel like talking to anyone IRL, so I thought I'd just lay out some thoughts here and see what's what.

I just don't FEEL pregnant. Yeah, I was deathly ill for like 6 weeks and I have this dang gestational diabetes, but I am 16 weeks and I don't look pregnant, I don't feel pregnant, I barely feel this baby moving at all, and frankly I can't get past the worry that I really fudged this one up.

This is my 3rd baby, so maybe my body finally gave in and said, "Okay, you can let a baby live here for awhile and I won't give you grief." By this time in my first pregnancy I had a separated pubic bone and by this time in my 2nd I had back pain and sciatic pain. This time - nada.

I lost over 10 pounds in my first trimester. I'm STILL not back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I can still sleep on my stomach and I can't tell a single difference in my clothes or anything. I feel like I really messed this kid up because I ate so poorly those weeks I was sick. And when I DID feel like eating, it was usually crap. I choked down a couple kids gummy vitamins only a couple of times a week, tops. I just feel like I couldn't do any better, considering the circumstances, and now I've wrecked the baby.

I'm terrified of having another huge baby. With my first, I took GD semi-seriously. Then with my second I did better but she still got huge. And now having had GD since day 1 I feel like I'm on my way to just bad, bad, bad. Like a 9 pound, under-developed 35 weeker or eclampsia or something like that.

I actually do have an appt tomorrow for a little reassurance, but the big ultrasound isn't for at least another month if they schedule 4 weeks past this appt. *sigh* I just want to make sure everything is okay.

If you made it this far, thanks for listening. I'm not really sure what kind of response I'm looking for; just a place to get my thoughts OUT for once.

Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's okay mama. As long as you ate what you could you're doing fine. Many women lose weight their first trimester. With my son I felt the same way. I hope you feel better after your apt. Don't worry it's okay! You don't have to be miserable when your pregnant!!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Other Than This Dang GD, I Just Don't Feel Pregnant....

I'm nearing 32 weeks and while i def. look pregnant now, i don't FEEL it...i don't feel like there is going to be a baby here, in my arms, with me the rest of my life, in about 8 weeks...it's strange.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

With both of mine, I felt disconnected before the 20 week U/S. It was too scary to get too attached to to them without having the reassurance that everything looked OK. I also constantly worried that I had done something to mess them up - but they are both perfectly happy and healthy little people now. I don't have anything to say to make you feel better, but know that you aren't alone in the way you feel.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've also been feeling disconnected this pregnancy and not feeling pregnant. Sometimes the baby moves and I think... Oh yea, I'm pregnant! LOL I'm 34 weeks. I barely look pregnant and I'm feeling good. Even when I was having sciatic issues, that didn't make me feel pregnant either. That's wonderful that you're not having back pain and issues other than the GD. You're still early in the pregnancy and can start making better choices for what you're eating. What did your other LOs weigh?

You're also not that far away from feeling baby movements and before long you'll be complaining about your cervix or ribs getting kicked too much

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

LOL - I remember those cervix kicks. Holy cows.

I had felt some early, early movement this time (or I thought I did) and then it went away for a long, long time. I feel a little something here and there but sometimes think it's just gas. I suppose I just thought I should feel something by now, considering I've done this a time or 2 before.

My babes were 8-10 and 9-5. This is my 3rd time with GD. Because it flared up so early, I was tested for possible type 2 diabetes but the testing was negative, so I'm just prone to it, I guess.

I DO want the ultrasound asap. It's going to be a long month. I just need to see those little fingers and toes and a perfect little spine and perfect everything with all perfect measurements. Heck, I'd even take 4 toes if everything else was perfect!

I declined all of the testing you can do for birth defects and other problems. I am always curious if most women do, or if I'm missing out on something. Frankly, outside of something that threatened MY life, I'd raise any little person God gave me, but I just don't want to pay extra to know beforehand. If that makes sense. The medical bills are piling up while we meet our deductible, which is quite high to make up for a lower premium.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think you did anything to mess this baby up. With my first I had severe morning sickness for the first 4.5 months, lost lots of weight and had serious problems trying to keep anything healthy down. He came out 8lbs 1oz happy and healthy *hugs* mama, hopefully you'll feel your little one flipping around soon

Check out my IHA/ISO: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...5#post16697295
MaterofJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #8
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
I'm feeling kind of down in the dump-sy lately about this pregnancy and I don't feel like talking to anyone IRL, so I thought I'd just lay out some thoughts here and see what's what.

I just don't FEEL pregnant. Yeah, I was deathly ill for like 6 weeks and I have this dang gestational diabetes, but I am 16 weeks and I don't look pregnant, I don't feel pregnant, I barely feel this baby moving at all, and frankly I can't get past the worry that I really fudged this one up.

This is my 3rd baby, so maybe my body finally gave in and said, "Okay, you can let a baby live here for awhile and I won't give you grief." By this time in my first pregnancy I had a separated pubic bone and by this time in my 2nd I had back pain and sciatic pain. This time - nada.

I lost over 10 pounds in my first trimester. I'm STILL not back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I can still sleep on my stomach and I can't tell a single difference in my clothes or anything. I feel like I really messed this kid up because I ate so poorly those weeks I was sick. And when I DID feel like eating, it was usually crap. I choked down a couple kids gummy vitamins only a couple of times a week, tops. I just feel like I couldn't do any better, considering the circumstances, and now I've wrecked the baby.

I'm terrified of having another huge baby. With my first, I took GD semi-seriously. Then with my second I did better but she still got huge. And now having had GD since day 1 I feel like I'm on my way to just bad, bad, bad. Like a 9 pound, under-developed 35 weeker or eclampsia or something like that.

I actually do have an appt tomorrow for a little reassurance, but the big ultrasound isn't for at least another month if they schedule 4 weeks past this appt. *sigh* I just want to make sure everything is okay.

If you made it this far, thanks for listening. I'm not really sure what kind of response I'm looking for; just a place to get my thoughts OUT for once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
LOL - I remember those cervix kicks. Holy cows.

I had felt some early, early movement this time (or I thought I did) and then it went away for a long, long time. I feel a little something here and there but sometimes think it's just gas. I suppose I just thought I should feel something by now, considering I've done this a time or 2 before.

My babes were 8-10 and 9-5. This is my 3rd time with GD. Because it flared up so early, I was tested for possible type 2 diabetes but the testing was negative, so I'm just prone to it, I guess.

I DO want the ultrasound asap. It's going to be a long month. I just need to see those little fingers and toes and a perfect little spine and perfect everything with all perfect measurements. Heck, I'd even take 4 toes if everything else was perfect!

I declined all of the testing you can do for birth defects and other problems. I am always curious if most women do, or if I'm missing out on something. Frankly, outside of something that threatened MY life, I'd raise any little person God gave me, but I just don't want to pay extra to know beforehand. If that makes sense. The medical bills are piling up while we meet our deductible, which is quite high to make up for a lower premium.
After reading both your posts, I have to say it sounds like I wrote them! I'm pregnant with my 3rd, totally didn't feel pregnant at 16 weeks except for the annoying GD that I was having to deal with. Felt like I have totally messed up and that there was going to be SOMETHING wrong with this baby because of how I couldn't eat anything, lost weight, got so dehydrated and had GD start right at the beginning of the pregnancy. I too declined all the testing. I was so relived at the 20 week ultrasound to see a baby that looked healthy! After that is when it started to sink in a bit more and the pregnancy became more real.

Now at 30 weeks I definitely look pregnant - and feel it! This baby moves a lot. While I still am not quite as into it as I was with my previous pregnancies I'm more used to the idea now

I hear you on the medical bills too. Only I piled up most my bills in the 2011 calendar year, so I'm on a new deductible for 2012 I have to meet it again.

Hang in there, mama.