Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #51
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Re: If you got you SON circumcised how..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
We used cloth, under a wool cover for super breathability.

I also mixed Herb Pharm Trauma Oil with lanolin and vaseline for healing. I think I lined diapers with a scrap of t shirt only for 2 changes, but we were using flats so it didnt matter so much.

He healed up in a few days. Even our intactivist midwife was impressed by how it looked at 1 day. He had a little extra bleeding the afternoon of the procedure but as the doctor had told us, if you see blood trickling, just apply pressure for 60 secs. It was all good after that.

I really didnt want to, but I'm Jewish and thought it was an unfair burden to put on him when he's older, just because I didnt have the guts to do it now. I researched the variations of the procedure, chose the doctor carefully, and his Dad and I were present for the whole thing. I held his hands, while he sucked sugar water off his Dads finger. The most discomfort he showed was with the first lidocaine injection and with the cleaning after, but even those were minor compared to the heel prick for PKU testing. He was also 16 days old, so the doc said he reacted more than most.

I think the intactivist post above is rude because it has so much false info. Interferes with breastfeeding 75% of the time is plain bull. Even my midwife, who tried to talk me out of it, didn't make that claim. My son was underweight the day of his procedure, an ounce away from not being able to do it... Afterward he nursed so well he started gaining more than an ounce a day.

Honestly the risks of circ vs not are higher than having a baby in a hospital instead of at home. And nobody's out telling everyone to run away from hospitals.

There was also a study just published that circumcised men have lower rates of prostate cancer. Makes no sense but there you go.
Actually, you didn't read the prostate study. the study actually found that std's were associated with increased rates of prostate cancer, and then they tried to stretch that by saying that because circumcision supposedly lower risk of STDs (it doesn't, safe sex and cleanliness do and that is evidenced by Western Europe,) that circumcision must prevent prostate cancer.

Advertisement

JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #52
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Totally random, but comments from anyone that have to do with circing or not-circing for the purpose of a 'prettier or nicer looking penis' make me giggle. Has anyone ever looked at any penis and said "wow, that sure is a pretty one!".

ETA, I think I'm going to tell dh tonight that I think he has a really pretty penis (and attempt to keep a straight face) just to see his reaction.

Last edited by austinandashlynsmommy; 03-14-2012 at 07:05 PM.
austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #53
teachermommy35
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I used a&d and fleece liners.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #54
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would assume you'd do the same thing with a cloth diaper. Or if you're worried you could do sposies until it healed and then cloth diaper.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #55
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinandashlynsmommy
Has anyone ever looked at any penis and said "wow, that sure is a pretty one!"
Lol! Random here too, but honestly, I was completely enthralled by the ONE non-circ'd weenie I've ever seen IRL.
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #56
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

We did no special care on our son's boy bits, pretty easy. But we didn't have him circumcised either.
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #57
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee

I wasn't judging, I was providing information, and as an intactivist, it is my duty to do that. The research shows that it is unnecessary, and it is NOT a personal decision, it is not your penis.

Sorry, but religious reason are invalid. There are religions that practice female circumcision, and it is still illegal in the US. This makes circumcision of males unconstitutional in accordance with the 14th amendment section 1.
It is not your duty to inform ME or anyone els for that matter unless they ask. If you can't stand the idea you shouldnt read post that are for circumcision. I asked for no drama and until you everyone was mature and respectful of that! Way to go.

Last edited by Mamata3; 03-14-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Mamata3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #58
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well thanks to all you mamas who didn't come to rob this thread of its peacefulness for the others, I did NOT ask your opinion, it is NOT your job to tell me "facts" about circumcision, this is my 4th child I think I have done my research and made a decision based on what "I" thought was right for my family! Nobody asked you for information on circumcision and unless you cloth diapered a circumcised baby then your comments could have been left out of this thread. I don't go into the No circing threads to give my opinion knowing you don't want it! Sheesh god forbid someone have different thoughts then you! Get over yourself and leave people be!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 AM   #59
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I used sposies with DS as a nb.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect
Old 03-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #60
luvallmykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinandashlynsmommy View Post
Totally random, but comments from anyone that have to do with circing or not-circing for the purpose of a 'prettier or nicer looking penis' make me giggle. Has anyone ever looked at any penis and said "wow, that sure is a pretty one!".

ETA, I think I'm going to tell dh tonight that I think he has a really pretty penis (and attempt to keep a straight face) just to see his reaction.
luvallmykids is offline   Reply With Quote