Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
I am so excited!!!

I found a midwife who speaks english and she is coming next thursday.

The only downside is she does not do birth sessions, but I am sure she has a colliege who does so we will talk about that.

I talked about my last birth and she assured me we will talk about what happnened, she thinks the issue was the slamming of induction meds and she said not to be scared that we will work through all my fears

She also said I have the choice to do all my prenatal care at home with her, and she even said she is a bit concerned about my choice of obgny if I want to avoid a second c section, I am really happy to find a woman who is straight up honest.

And did I mention she speaks english and sounds totally crunchy.

I said I was nursing still and she did not suggest I stop like my obgyn did

It just really makes me feel a lot better. I really wish she did births too. But I am just thrilled to find a woman who will work with me all through pregnancy through post natal home visits who seems sop friendly and open minded.

I will of course wait until I see her and we talk more, but it really helps qualm some of my anxiety.

And we can talk more next week about birthing options since she does not do births.

She siad she does not feel ultrasounds are needed but I can always choose between going fully with an obgyn, doing a mix of obgyn and midwife, or doing just midwife.

Oh and I think this post needs another one of these for good measure

Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: I am so excited!!!

WONDERFUL!!! YAY!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
Cleaning the Clutter
Registered Users
seller

That Super Exciting!
Cleaning the Clutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is great news Rena! I know how nurvous you have been about being pregnant again so I'm thrilled you think you've found someone to be on your side!!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
Colleen+1
Registered Users
seller

Yay for good news!
DS #1, Gavin, 9/23/10. LO #2 Edd 11/05/12! Married to my awesome dh Nathien since 10/14/06. We kicked infertility butt!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mrsthomas1014
Colleen+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Great news! I'm sure that will help ease your mind!
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #7
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller

Hope all works out great for you mama!!!

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
itsajoi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok so this may be a totally stupid question...so you can see a MW and an OB? Because I will have to have an OB at delivery (insurance mumbo jumbo) but I know of a MW I would really prefer to see. Can you do that? Does insurance pitch a fit at you about it?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #9
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

In Germany midwives deliver babies, obgyn only deliver when medical complications arise.

Your obgyn does not attend the birth, you get whoever is on duty at the hospitals. German health care system pays for the birth, but you can opt to hire a midwife privatly but you have to pay 300 if you do a homebirth or want to ensure one woman for your whole delivery. Otherwise you get whoever is on duty and shift changes.

In Germany you can choose for prenatal care just a obgyn, just a midwife or a mix of both so for example everything at home with a midwife but obgyn for ultrasounds and particular tests ect.

In Germany the midwives do prenatal, birth training, birthing in the hospitals, after birth care in your home, after birth courses, lactation consultation and 8 weeks post birth in home consulting.

You can pay for extra services like a specific midwife for your bith or extra courses like baby prep, partner birth prep evenings baby first aid, prenatal acupunture or massage.

Some medical tests even at the obgyn are not paid by insurance toxoplasmosa, b strep are all out of pocket. Unless medically needed so this time my diabetes test will be paid since my last pregnancy had wonky results, but if I do the elctive test I have to pay out of pocket.

But everything else is paid by insurance.

The birth is covered in full, outside of a private midwife fee. But private rooms are not given, you have to rent family rooms for 50 euro or more a night if you want a private room where your spouse or a family member can stay. Fee varies per place my last clinis we paid 200 euro for 4 nights and the last night I stayed alone. We plan to do that again otherwise you are in shared rooms with certain visiting times.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's great, Rena!!