Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Weekly Chat March 13-20th

Hi mamas!

I was missing reading the weekly chats so thought I'd start one for this week! If someone wants to do a QOTW, go right ahead! I just wanted to blab...

Today we had an u/s at 36 weeks and 1 day. I'm measuring 37 weeks and 1 day. I wonder if my mw will be taking that into consideration? I see her tomorrow morning. All is well (i think) with baby girl (?). She wasn't showing us her lady parts but she is pretty crammed up in there! I'm sure she's still a she Didn't get much info from the tech...the cord is NOT wrapped around her neck, which is such a relief to me! Not that i thought it really was, but I worried about it a bit, although it is very common. The placenta and cord sounded great, HR was 159 and she is head down! YAH! Not engaged yet but this is my second, so i've heard that doesn't happen until the delivery sometimes.

SO Sunday night (2 days ago) we went to the Mat triage b/c I was having lots of BH and period-like pains. Turns out my mw was there! She delivered 3 out of the 11 babies born on Sunday! Amazing! They were busy on the ward! She checked me out and said that she thought this baby would come before 39 weeks. My cervix was short, soft like butter and closed but not tightly closed All good signs that lead to birth! Very excited! Hope she isn't wrong! She also wants to see me twice this week and twice a week until I deliver for more internal exams to see if that gets things going. Not problem with that! Her hands are nice and small and it didn't hurt one bit. She said we should continue to do whatever we are doing to soften the cervix. I've been taking EPO 3x orally/day and 2 EPO vaginally at night (what a mess!) Plus some sex, which we are stepping up now since Sunday, at least once a day, and I wait for a couple of minutes before peeing. I think I'll start pumping soon too!

Unfortunately I made a reservation for us to spend our 2 year anniversary on a beautiful little hippie island, about 2 hours ferry ride away for March 23-25th, called Salt Spring Island. We've never been there. Our mw used to work on that island and she said there is a wonderful mw that lives there and delivers babies! The only problem with that is that we are having a vbac and it's considered high-risk in my hometown and low-risk at the women's hospital in the next major city Vancouver, BC. See, we don't have more than one fully staffed OR rooms available and I'm a short interval (15 mths) between births so the risk is a little greater for vbac. They won't let me deliver in town unless i'm already in labour and I don't want to take the risk of dying or my baby dying by delivering in a hossy that can't handle an emergency. It would be a matter of 12 min to save our lives and the staff here has 15 minutes to get to the hossy and get armed and ready for a surgery. Strange, huh?! It's a brand-new, multi-million dollar hospital and the gov't won't fund a second OR.
SO if I go into labour on the island, we'd have to rush back to the mainland I think and if we have our girl before that date, someone else will be going on our trip! Wish I would have made the date for this weekend!! Oh well!! We'll still go if we can, our first anniversary was spent in the hospital with our then 3 month old son and that was no fun!

With all that said, I'm so excited to be SO close to having this baby!!!
My other baby just woke up from an almost 3 hour nap! Gotta go!

Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: Weekly Chat March 13-20th

Super envious. nothing happening here, and I'm further along than you. I'm beginning to have so much anxiety and feelings of certainty and doom of another csection. I've tried to check my own cervix, and it is so high I cannot feel it. I'm sure that means I'm high, closed tight, and long with NO progress at all just like with DS1. Oh yay. Didn't help midwife told me baby already feels like he weighs 7lbs, so if he gains 1/2lb until my due date, he could easily be a 9lb baby. I've dieted and been so strict with my eating.. ugh.. I'm just so completely discouraged and frustrated.

On top of those feelings, DS is sick. He got me sick. Last night DH couldn't hold his temper when DS woke us up for the 5th time before 1am, so I sent him back to bed and tried to deal with DS all night. Disaster. Ended up on the couch together, I got NO rest at all sleeping with him. He was even up for an hour playing with his mega blocks at some point spreading them all over the floor in front of the couch. At some point he was sleeping on top of my side, as if I don't alreayd have problems with my legs and hips aching and going numb at night. When I finally couldn't take the pain anymore, I rolled him off of me and then rolled off the couch. I was in too much pain to actually sit up. Once I landed on the flooor... well his megalblocks were there. Landed right on them, except I couldn't roll or turn my leg/hip was so numb, so I ended up staying right there and was so exhausted I feel asleep. DH never woke me up for work- he just shut off the alarm, so I woke up 25 minutes before I had to leave,.. Oh, and with huge megablock indents in my side from sleeping on them.

and my head hurts but because I'm pregnant I can't take anything even if I got desperate enough. Tylenol is a waste. I won't even bother. It never helps. And now because I can't breathe out of my nose, I have no hope of trying to catch up on any rest tonight. Tonight is the kind of night I cannot imagine having to go 1-2 weeks past my due date and wish I was one of those people that could blindly obey a selfish doctor and be done with this at 39weeks RCS. Does't help that I'm peeved at DH for instead of having sympathy for doign this to me, he's annoyed at me that I'm not feeling well. Ya.. like I got sick on purpose. Arg. I wish I could take ar eally, really, really good sleep aid.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
Super envious. nothing happening here, and I'm further along than you. I'm beginning to have so much anxiety and feelings of certainty and doom of another csection. I've tried to check my own cervix, and it is so high I cannot feel it. I'm sure that means I'm high, closed tight, and long with NO progress at all just like with DS1. Oh yay. Didn't help midwife told me baby already feels like he weighs 7lbs, so if he gains 1/2lb until my due date, he could easily be a 9lb baby. I've dieted and been so strict with my eating.. ugh.. I'm just so completely discouraged and frustrated.

On top of those feelings, DS is sick. He got me sick. Last night DH couldn't hold his temper when DS woke us up for the 5th time before 1am, so I sent him back to bed and tried to deal with DS all night. Disaster. Ended up on the couch together, I got NO rest at all sleeping with him. He was even up for an hour playing with his mega blocks at some point spreading them all over the floor in front of the couch. At some point he was sleeping on top of my side, as if I don't alreayd have problems with my legs and hips aching and going numb at night. When I finally couldn't take the pain anymore, I rolled him off of me and then rolled off the couch. I was in too much pain to actually sit up. Once I landed on the flooor... well his megalblocks were there. Landed right on them, except I couldn't roll or turn my leg/hip was so numb, so I ended up staying right there and was so exhausted I feel asleep. DH never woke me up for work- he just shut off the alarm, so I woke up 25 minutes before I had to leave,.. Oh, and with huge megablock indents in my side from sleeping on them.

and my head hurts but because I'm pregnant I can't take anything even if I got desperate enough. Tylenol is a waste. I won't even bother. It never helps. And now because I can't breathe out of my nose, I have no hope of trying to catch up on any rest tonight. Tonight is the kind of night I cannot imagine having to go 1-2 weeks past my due date and wish I was one of those people that could blindly obey a selfish doctor and be done with this at 39weeks RCS. Does't help that I'm peeved at DH for instead of having sympathy for doign this to me, he's annoyed at me that I'm not feeling well. Ya.. like I got sick on purpose. Arg. I wish I could take ar eally, really, really good sleep aid.
Oh no! What a night! I spent half of the night an emotional wreck, leaking from everywhere Even woke DH up because I was having a nightmare and quietly screaming in my sleep. Looks like neither of us had a good night. Did DS take a nap today? Hope you both sleep better tonight.

DH has been sick and either sleeping in his recliner or in bed all day and night. I don't know what he has but he hasn't eaten anything in 48 hours. Cannot get this sickness! I cannot afford to not eat for two days. I'm going to get some broths just in case I have to go on a liquid diet I can keep calories up.

Farmer's Wife - Hope you have a wonderful anniversary no matter where you are Didn't know u/s picked up on the cord around the neck. Curious as to why they didn't catch my friend's baby with the cord wrapped around 4x. Although by the sounds of her birth story I wouldn't trust that doc. But she plans on going back to him to VBAC

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:40 AM   #4
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Sleep? What's that? For the second morning in a row, I'm up at 4 am after a restless night where I know I didn't sleep for more than about 90 minutes at a stretch. If it's not my back or my hips, or my bladder, it's my sinuses or something I'm obsessing on. Like the fact that DD2's room in the new house is still decorated for the little boy's nursery who lived there 20 years ago. Blue paint on the walls, and blue carpet and even a disney babies border in blue that my then teenage sister half ripped down. I won't get a chance to change it before DD2 is here, and it's been like that for 20 years, so I don't know why it had to start bothering me in the middle of the night! If I was moving in months ago I'd rip out the ancient carpet(mostly because I hate carpet), pull down the border, paint in a more neutral or girly color and put in some laminate flooring, but I'm going to be 36 weeks pregnant when we move in. I'll be lucky to get things set up before she gets here. It's not the freaking end of the world if her room is blue!
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Here I've started getting pressure on the cervix and occasional back aches since the baby dropped. The hemorrhoids started acting up again too now that she's so low. The pressure is irritating though and really uncomfortable if I start to move around too much. I still think she will end up coming early...

Otherwise sleep is actually a bit better for me. It's easier to wake and not having to deal with a kid that's waking. I started dropping naps for DS and he sleep so much better at night, it's a miracle. So if I wake it's because of another hot flash, discomfort, or having rolled on my back. So I don't need to get up, I just get comfortable again and fall back to sleep.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #6
ashayla&acensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have had a lot of BH's this pay week, with a lot of pressure on my cervix as well. I have my 36 week check up today, and we will be discussing my induction. Since I have cholestasis they will deliver before 38 weeks... I am hoping that my body and baby will be ready. I veloce I will be getting an us today, as well as more blood work and NST. possibly getting steroid shots to make sure his/her lungs will be mature. I had a little anxiety this morning, sitting on my bed looking at the cloth diapers on the shelf... Knowing that within two weeks I will have a baby in them!!! Pray for me, please!

Married Momma of 4 DS (2-00), DD1 (12-05),DS(8-08)and DD2 (3-12)
ashayla&acensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

i had my 35 week check yesterday and everything looked great with the baby!! yay!!

dr said he would move back my date by a week and then said it was the 17th...WHY can't he listen to me and wait two days and schedule it for the 19th his EDD...i am planning on going in next week for my 36 wk check and saying that i will only schedule it for 41 wks...and us have the vbac talk...

my friend (who had her baby in feb at 38 wks by cseciton) uses the other dr in the office and yesterday went in for a check up...she asked about vabc...not really for her but for me...he told her that his wife had had 3 vbacs...and that he would be more than willing to talk to me about it...she said he told her all the risk and such and then wen ton to tell her that he didn't think that either hospital in town was a perfect place to vbac...sooo i plan on talking to him and finding out just where the best place to go is...or at least the best around here....
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Oh, and DD2 has dropped, which is a completely new sensation. DD1 never dropped down. But I'll tell you, I thought I waddled before with the SPD. I REALLY waddle now. Other mamas weren't kidding when they described the sensation that there's a bowling ball in their pelvis.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just reading through these posts, you can tell how close we are, mamas!!! Hang in there - we'll all be snuggling our newbies very soon!

I had yet another round of regular contractions last night. They were more painful than anything I've experienced yet! DH was getting excited and kept telling me to just relax and let them happen - haha. It only lasted 2-3 hours, then faded. My tummy was upset and I was nauseas - yuck! I thought for sure we'd be heading to l&d. I'm anxious, now, for my ultrasound and 35 week appt to see if there has been any progress!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #10
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Saw the midwife, next appointment she comes to me she suggested garlic suppositories the week before she comes cuz she thinks I will fail the gbs test. I now have dd at the mall & we are going to try getting rain boots which seems impossible & out for lunch.