Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #21
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat March 13-20th

Oh my goodness...we are all getting sooo close! I just can't believe it, but reading through all of these posts has me really feeling it! That and I am feeling it physically I constantly am having BH that are painful, I am always tired, and I can't sleep because I am so uncomfortable. I keep reminding myself that it won't be too much longer. I have been so busy with things around here. I have made new curtains, valances, and a bedskirt for the boys room and have done so much cleaning and prepping around here it's nuts. I am feeling it! I think I am about to the done stage. Just wanting to make a matching crib skirt now...and I'm sure I'll think of other projects, but I have lots of bdays to get ready for first. I have 3 neices and 1 nephew and DSs bdays all within the next couple weeks. Oh, and a wedding shower to go to/help with too. This time is going to fly by! I feel like I have so many things going on that I need to have everything ready for baby NOW or I won't get the chance.

Advertisement

& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yesterday I had a mw app't and she did a cervical exam, stretch and sweep although not a true S & S, since she couldn't get in far enough. She did get in far enough to know that I am 1 cm dilated and that my cervix has gone from closed and down to 1 cm dilated and midline or in line with my canal. I'm so pleased! This was only from Sunday to Wednesday! Last checked on Sunday. This pregnancy is so different from my first! The first saw a hard, long and tightly closed cervix right until I was induced. Then when I was induced, baby wasn't ready and I ended up with a 4 cm dilation and a c-section. Goes to show that every pregnacny is different and gives every mama hope that things can be different
I'm going in for another S & S tomorrow...super excited! I'm having tons of bh's and painful period-like cramps and so much pressure down there!
Also, has anyone ever come across this situation...Everything was normal on Tuesday night when I inserted 2 EPO pills...clear wetness. After the internal exam, mw said I may have a yeast infection as there was white curdy discharge...how is this possible from tues night normal on my fingers to this white curdy stuff the very next day? No itching. Sure enough, last night, when I went to insert the 2 EPO pills, sure enough, I saw what she meant! Weird. I thought maybe some of the paper that I was laying on got in there since I was sweating on the the paper. Anyone else have this?
Old 03-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #23
crunch!910
Registered Users

Wow, I'm surprised she's sweeping membranes so early! My midwives didn't even mention anything about internal exam yet (tomorrow is my 38wk apptment). I knew that I wanted to be checked at 39/40 weeks and ask for membrane sweep starting then to avoid induction. Gosh, my 39wk prenatal is just over 1 week away.

doing epo and have a lot more discharge, but nothing that could be mistaken as a yeast infection.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #24
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Farmer's Wife - When I look around online, said it's supposed to HELP with yeast. Has your mw tested for gbs yet? She should be able to order a more comprehensive lab that includes a yeast test as well.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #25
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Farmers Wife, it sounds like it could happen soon. Good luck!

I'm having some anxieties on adding another to our family and parenting both. On top of that, I'm also suddenly anxious this pregnancy could go to 40 weeks despite the fact that I have dropped and all. I know that's the preferred, but I am so sick of being pregnant. I want her here by 39 weeks.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #26
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I haven't been using EPO, but on 2 occasions when I was checked during PTL scares, I was told it looked like I had a yeast infection from the discharge- it was creamy and white. They tested me both times, and it came back negative. Did she actually do a test for infection?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #27
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, she didn't do a test. I was given the GBS test which I completed and handed in to the lab two days ago. Should I go ahead and buy a 7-day pack of canestan or should I get a test done?
Old 03-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #28
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just checked myself again and at first I thought I was in the clear but the deeper I went, it came back white and curdy It doesn't itch or smell or anything.

I know it's early for them to be doing sweeps but they said it would be a better chance for my vbac if I could have her as early as possible, safely early I mean. I am considered full-term on Monday at 37 weeks.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #29
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer's Wife View Post
No, she didn't do a test. I was given the GBS test which I completed and handed in to the lab two days ago. Should I go ahead and buy a 7-day pack of canestan or should I get a test done?
If you're not having uncomfortable symptoms, I honestly wouldn't bother either way! Like I said before, I've never had a yeast infection, but doesn't it make you itchy? When my test came back negative, my midwife said it was just leukorrhea. Here's a short article about it, and it has some other symptoms listed for a yeast infection toward the bottom: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pre...discharge.html
Old 03-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #30
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

hope you don't have a y infection...with you not showing any other signs of one i would get them to test it before treating it...but thats my

afm: i am going to buy a crib tomorrow...i had decided to not get one...to just use a packnplay while LO is rooming with us and then maybe by th time LO is ready to move into his own room that dd2 would be ready to move out of the crib and we could just pass it down to him...but the more i think about it i really want to co-sleep with this LO since i am determined to make BFing work for us ...i am sooo not throwing in the towel and pumping til i have used every lll leader and friend i know!! with dd2 i ended up pumping from lack of support and knowledge...i later found lll and a great LC soooo i am going to make this work for us!!
back to the crib...anyway. i found a local store that is having a closeout on cribs and am getting a crib fro $125 and the mattress for $60..kinda excited about it...i mean i was thinking about buying a co-sleeper and it was gonna run around $175 and it could only be used when the baby is little like 6 months and under...and then could make a packnplay but i already have one of those...sooo i felt like it was a waste of money and planning on just using the pnp to save money...well this crib can be a toddler bed and full size head board later too...sooo not a waste of money in my eyes...it might look alittle funny having a full size crbi in my room but oh well really no one (geust) should be going into my room anyway so it shouldn't be a big deal!

QOTW: what all does everyone have planned til the baby comes...

we have something planned for every weekend til LO comes...crazy but i would rather be busy than sitting around counting the days!!! i mean i do that anyway but i still like to be busy!!!
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote