Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #61
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat March 13-20th

I had an OB app't today! The next time I see him will be when I deliver I'll be seeing my mw's in the meantime. He is SO awesome! He's like, "The ointment for the eyes is crap, refuse it!" and "It's standard procedure to delay cord-clamping everytime unless there is a problem" SO refreshing! This is the senior OB from the Women's Hospital in Vancouver BC. It's a VBAC-friendly hossy, they even do breech births there. It's the VBAC program that we are going for. This doc has said so many things that are not mainstream, I love it. The time between my C/S and this birth is 15 mths but he said it doesn't matter to him, my scar is healed. He said OBs just want to cut women open and they do it too often and too quickly. So true. This guy is so respectful of women's bodies. I love it! He said at least another week before baby. He described so many things that were true with having your second baby. We have an hour drive to the hossy so he said we need to leave as soon as water breaks or as soon as I'm sure that the contractions are real labour b/c women having second babies usually progress to full dilation in 4 hours and usually at night. Very interesting! I know that what I had last wknd after my sweep was false labour. I was so sure that I was in labour, hahahaha!

Anyway, my GBS test came back negative! YAHOO!!! I didn't have it last time either. I didn't do anything to not get it either. It's a natural bacteria so I don't believe that doing different things help not get it. Either you got it at the time or you don't, but we all got it. Don't stress or worry about it. It's just antibiotics, if you choose.

Jill~Married the Love of My Life, Craig (03/27/10), Mama to Asher 01/07/11 & Esmé 04/15/12 & EDD 02/09/14
Farmer's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #62
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat March 13-20th

Farmer's Wife - What great news about your dr & gbs I've read birth stories about women having babies in their sleep! They wake up in bed to a baby between their legs. I would imagine it would be pretty shocking to wake up to that but could you imagine the baby just slipping out?! Like my hubby says "pop pop pop pop pop".

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #63
My Mood:
Spent a beautiful day entirely in bed. Not coughing as much, but have a sinus headache that is just unreal, and I get migraines. Luckily DD has school today, so I could put her on the bus and then go right back to bed.

Saw my midwife yesterday, and other than my glucose screen showing that my iron is low, I'm right on track still. Still head down, still measuring ahead.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote