Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dropping Early

If your baby dropped before you went into labor, how long did they hang out before deciding to come?

I'm 33 weeks and DD has definitely dropped. Every time I walk for a short distance it feels like she could fall out and I have hip pain etc. They also did an ultrasound yesterday because they couldn't tell if she was head down and I started measuring small after having measured spot on. The ultrasound showed everything was fine, just that she had dropped.

I don't recall DS dropping this early, in fact I think it was more around 36 weeks that he dropped and he came one week shy of his due date.

Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

Mine dropped at about the same time and I carried exactly to 39 weeks. I'm not sure it necessarily means anything.
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
CarrieMeredith
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dropping Early

I'm due March 22 and he dropped January 3rd.
CarrieMeredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
crunch!910
Registered Users

Not sure I've ever dropped? People SAID I "dropped" with DS1, but I just think my ab muscles gave out and all his weight was hanging low. I NEVER got the bowling ball in my pelvis feeling. My pelvis/back hurt plenty, but he always felt like he was resting on top of my hip/pubic bone, never tucked inside.

Pretty much the same this time... this baby feels like he hangs out on top of my left hip. And I'm beginning to look HUGE.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well that's good to hear of babies dropping early but nothing happening. I feel pressure on the cervix now and again, but not a huge amount of pressure. My hemorrhoids are acting up again now too after having had relief from them.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
solnishka7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm 31 weeks and this little one def "dropped" OB can feel his head when she examines me... Baby is small so I have a growth u s every 2 weeks unless he gets under the 10th% then it's 2x a week us appointments... Doc said i def could go into labor early
Old 03-14-2012, 03:48 AM   #7
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD dropped when I was 32 weeks. I was also dilated 1cm at the same time..dilated at 32 weeks. She was born at 37 weeks 3 days. My water broke before labor started also.
I know it is painful. I got tired of the oh are you okays, looks like you are going to have that baby any day, etc comments. Nope hope not!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
booth2490
Registered Users
seller

I haven't dropped yet (thankfully), but my sis just delivered her son at about 35.5 weeks and he dropped less than a week before that. She had a stent inserted around 20 weeks for suspected kidney stone and the pain/pressure on that after he dropped brought on labor, I suspect.

BTW, I was having horrible pressure on my bladder and vagina a few weeks ago and thought it felt like the baby had dropped-turns out after I remedied being constipated, things are much better. You mention 'roids, maybe something to think about.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:47 AM   #9
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by booth2490 View Post
I haven't dropped yet (thankfully), but my sis just delivered her son at about 35.5 weeks and he dropped less than a week before that. She had a stent inserted around 20 weeks for suspected kidney stone and the pain/pressure on that after he dropped brought on labor, I suspect.

BTW, I was having horrible pressure on my bladder and vagina a few weeks ago and thought it felt like the baby had dropped-turns out after I remedied being constipated, things are much better. You mention 'roids, maybe something to think about.
No, she definitely dropped (more stomach space, easier to breathe, etc). I can feel her head in my pelvis and the 'roids are just a result of all the pressure she's putting (they were gone until now). She'll go up a little higher now and again, but mostly her head is right down there and it is so uncomfortable.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #10
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

I am 31 weeks, and DS2 has definitely dropped a bit, but he does float back up every once in-awhile, but is mostly in my pelvis, I also can feel his head. And yes I have roids also from the pressure.