Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #31
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your experiences with circumcision or non-circ (keep civil please)

both ds1 (13) and ds2 (6) are intact. it's not something i really think about much. they retract on their own then i just remind them to pull back their foreskin and rinse with water when in the shower. ds2 had some ballooning when he was 4 but i read up on it and let it be and it went away in a couple days.

when ds1 was born in OR we were told that we would have to pay out of pocket to circ $175. it's honesty not something i had even thought about before but the idea of doing something like that would cause pain to the baby wasnt something i could do. x agreed. a month later Dateline did a special about circ and why it was unnecessary and how many ins companies werent covering it anymore, that just validated us for not doing it. over the years x became resentful that his mother did it to him. she said at the time they just did it in the hospital and it wasnt really even talked about.

when ds2 was born of course we werent going to do it. over the years after seeing intact penis to see a circed on is quite shocking and odd looking to me. when i met DH i was thrilled to find out that he was intact.

Advertisement

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #32
aries416
Registered Users
seller

My son is intact. When he was born, I was asked a few times by nurses and a ped. if we were having it done and we said no. The ped. said, "that's fine. There's no medical need for it." I was thrilled because he said this right in front of my mom who thought I was a nutter for not doing it. There was absolutely no way I was going to let someone inflict pain on my newborn! The heal sticks are hard enough for me.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #33
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've got two whole boys. They've had no issues whatsoever.

I am thankful that I didn't have to worry about issues like bloody wounds, adhesions, too much skin left, not enough skin left, botched circs, protecting my cloth diapers.....and a whole host of other potential complications. Read on if you'd like: http://www.circumstitions.com/Complic.html

The more I learn about circumcision, the more thankful I am that I did the research before they were born. My boys are so lucky to have an informed mama on their side!

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #34
~Sherry~
Registered Users
seller

Thank you all for sharing your stories. I know if my oldest was a boy she would have been circ'd. I just thought that's what's done, didn't really do any research on it whatsoever. Not that I needed to since we found out before birth we were having a girl.

With dd2 we didn't know the gender but she more than likely would have been circ'd. Didn't do much research on it yet again. Thankfully a girl was born and I didn't have to worry about it.

Now with #3, I've had very strong boy feelings so I researched it finally. I would cry at night, have dreams of DH fighting me on it and finally I sent DH a video asking him to watch it and to please not make me do that if baby is a boy. He watched it, said he almost vomited and he would never allow it to happen. He isn't intact, but he has never had issues and didn't realize what the procedure actually entailed.
~Sherry~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #35
mom2~3offspring
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

both my boys are circ'ed and when my 3rd son and any future sons are born they will to be circ'ed. Always had fast easy recovery's
mom2~3offspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #36
hauser
Registered Users
seller

I have 3 boys that are intact.

I did not do any research to make this decision.

I will out myself and say that I had never seen a p@nis until I met my hubby. Okay I changed my nephews diapers but a baby is not really the same thing. I had no idea what a circumcision was. I had heard the male servers at my work joking with each other saying your lucky your not circumcised and I wish I wasn't and I am glad I am and stuff like that, but I had no idea what they meant.

When I was touring the hospital with my mom and filling out paperwork they asked if I was having a boy. After saying yes they asked if I would like to circumcise him. Since I had no idea what that was I just said I don't know. I went home and looked it up. I should not have done that because the only thing that came up was pictures of circumcised men. Not what I wanted to see but at least I knew what it was.

My hubby was deployed at the time but the next time I talked to him I asked him about it. He said why would we do that. See my husband is from Europe and to him it is odd as no one in his family is. I said okay you know more than me...not doing it sounds like a plan.

He just found it odd that we would not bad or wrong or anything. I am glad though because if he had said yes lets do it I probably would have.

I would support them if they decided to do it later in life, but I don't think they would.

*I wanted to say that I didn't mean circumcised men look ick...I just meant that I didn't want to see another mans business.

Last edited by hauser; 03-15-2012 at 06:09 PM.
hauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #37
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I circd my oldest (9)- the whole thing was a PITA until he was potty trained. My younger two sons (almost 4 and 2) are intact and we've not had a single problem with either one.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:31 AM   #38
AEIloveU
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FIL was circ'd and had issues because of it (I didn't ask for details, but know it required more surgery) Because of that, DH and his brother were not circ'd. When we became pregnant w/ our first, we decided if it was a boy we would not either.
AEIloveU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #39
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauser View Post
I have 3 boys that are intact.

I did not do any research to make this decision.

I will out myself and say that I had never seen a p@nis until I met my hubby. Okay I changed my nephews diapers but a baby is not really the same thing. I had no idea what a circumcision was. I had heard the male servers at my work joking with each other saying your lucky your not circumcised and I wish I wasn't and I am glad I am and stuff like that, but I had no idea what they meant.

When I was touring the hospital with my mom and filling out paperwork they asked if I was having a boy. After saying yes they asked if I would like to circumcise him. Since I had no idea what that was I just said I don't know. I went home and looked it up. I should not have done that because the only thing that came up was pictures of circumcised men. Not what I wanted to see but at least I knew what it was.

My hubby was deployed at the time but the next time I talked to him I asked him about it. He said why would we do that. See my husband is from Europe and to him it is odd as no one in his family is. I said okay you know more than me...not doing it sounds like a plan.

He just found it odd that we would not bad or wrong or anything. I am glad though because if he had said yes lets do it I probably would have.

I would support them if they decided to do it later in life, but I don't think they would.

*I wanted to say that I didn't mean circumcised men look ick...I just meant that I didn't want to see another mans business.
lol! but i think they look ick, keratinization isn't very pretty... not that penises are pretty anyway haha
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #40
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries416 View Post
My son is intact. When he was born, I was asked a few times by nurses and a ped. if we were having it done and we said no. The ped. said, "that's fine. There's no medical need for it." I was thrilled because he said this right in front of my mom who thought I was a nutter for not doing it. There was absolutely no way I was going to let someone inflict pain on my newborn! The heal sticks are hard enough for me.
when I met my MWs backup OB who is from Jamaica, she asked us if we were planning to circ. I said no way and she was like "good, it isn't necessary. i don't understand why americans would do it."
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote