Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
ecrawfor80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Had my ultrasound today and...

the baby was not cooperative! I was soooo disappointed. The doctor did it and I told him that it was really, really important to me to find out and he just said, "sorry" maybe we can do another scan next month. I was so angry! I don't want to have any more u/s and this one was sooooo short. He sort of tried to see and just gave up right away.

I think maybe i'm more bothering by his attitude to me than not actually finding out?

(and i'm ashamed how childish I am feeling about this. I had to run out of the office so I would not cry in front of everyone. This is our last baby and I really wanted to sew up pretty things for him/her and have a fun shopping trip. I need to grow up!)

Advertisement

Elizabeth-Wife to my navy man Dan, Homeschooling, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, raw milk drinking, non-vaxing, no TV, co-sleeping mama to six beautiful blessings. (I didn't know I was crunchy until I wrote this siggy)
ecrawfor80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Re: Had my ultrasound today and...

So sorry Mama! Maybe one more u/s???? I understand how frustrating it is...
Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally understand and I would feel the same way. I'm afraid of this baby not cooperating and I would be so upset if the Dr blew me off while barely looking. It's ok to feel that way.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Kelpagan
Registered Users
seller
seller

That is so frustrating! I'm sorry, Mama! Are there US places you can go? Around here, there is a place that will do an hour long 3D US for $100. They would definitely be able to find out! Good luck!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
boogamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry, Mama! I would totally feel the same way. Hopefully you're able to find out next month!
boogamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelpagan
That is so frustrating! I'm sorry, Mama! Are there US places you can go? Around here, there is a place that will do an hour long 3D US for $100. They would definitely be able to find out! Good luck!
This. Honestly it was the most amazing thing I did when prego with DS. DH was in Korea and my family lived far away. When I went home for a visit I had one and had my whole family there. You can have everyone in one room and it's so peaceful and the is techs are so friendly. My grandmothers (both) had never seen an actual ultrasound! They all cried and DS put on a show! After I got to send a video to DH in Korea and he was able to experience this as well. My 8 year old sister was so fascinated and fell in love with him instantly. I bet you other children will really enjoy this experience and it may help them bond before the baby gets here!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
ecrawfor80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone! I will have to think about going to somewhere to have it done or just having them do another one next month.
Elizabeth-Wife to my navy man Dan, Homeschooling, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, raw milk drinking, non-vaxing, no TV, co-sleeping mama to six beautiful blessings. (I didn't know I was crunchy until I wrote this siggy)
ecrawfor80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am sorry you did not find out the gender but I hope the baby looked healthy and is growing the way it is supposed to!