Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
hokiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:
kushies?

Like 'em? hate 'em? Why?
thanks

Advertisement

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Susanna, happily married crispy-crunchy, babywearing 3 at a time, nursing, baby food making, homeschooling, engineer/math geek Mamma to: Big kid (7.5), Toddler triplets, 2.5 B/G/G and twin boys (almost 1) B/B
hokiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
rosebrok
Registered Users
seller

Re: kushies?

I had a really really really hard time getting them to fit my LO. They are supposed to fit from 10 - 22 pounds. They did not fit us until right around 14 pounds and we grew out of them well before 17 pounds. The design is not really suited for skinny waist/big thighs. The rise is also really high - not suitable for a newborn. I ended up using them at home only (first of my group of friends to have a baby AND to cloth diaper = we received about 10 sets of these as gifts since we asked for CDs instead of disposables). They do wash up easy and dry pretty well. They don't resell well at all - even NIP. I was able to return a few sets of the ones we received that I had receipts for, but I sold 2 others NIP on craigslist and could only get $20 for them (over $60 new in stores). Cloth diaper stores in our area won't accept them for consignment. For their price, I think you can find better & cuter options used or new (ie Kawaii, Sunbaby).

Last edited by rosebrok; 03-15-2012 at 08:45 AM.
rosebrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I liked them 10 years ago, but the OLD design fell apart easily. Now they have a new nylon design that I bet is great.
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
NessieO
Registered Users

We used the old design a few years ago and I ended up donating them after a couple of months. The new design might be better.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
hokiebear
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks everyone. I got some from a friend and wasn't sure what to think really - I think they are the new nylon ones but I'm not sure. They came in a multi pack. They seem... ok... but nothing to get excited about, colors are a little dull and they seem pretty basic. You all confirmed what I was thinking. thanks
[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Susanna, happily married crispy-crunchy, babywearing 3 at a time, nursing, baby food making, homeschooling, engineer/math geek Mamma to: Big kid (7.5), Toddler triplets, 2.5 B/G/G and twin boys (almost 1) B/B
hokiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My Aplix curled so the scratchy part was up against my DS's belly. Poor thing.
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hate! tried the AIO then threw them out. worse cloth diapers ever. bulky and leaked
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote