Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
JamesWife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Insert to lay in a cover

that is very absorbent but not too bulky? I have always done fitteds and fleece or wool so I am clueless about inserts. I saw the loopy do, is that good? I saw they also had a night one. My little one is getting ready to PL so she holds and then floods. I want some BGEs but cant seem to catch them on FSOT and can't afford 6 new ones right now.

Oh, no microfiber please. I know some ladies on here like zorb, do any WAHMs make inserts made of zorb and bamboo? (that are available)

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
lifesaturtle
Registered Users
seller

I love all things hemp. Super trim and very absorbent. I like best bottoms, hemp babies, and. Thirsties
lifesaturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Insert to lay in a cover

You can get trifold zorb inserts from The Fancy Pansy: http://hyenacart.com/thefancypansy/m...olding-Zorb-II

I've also been trifolding premium PFs lately -- I have a couple fleece AI2s from Little Boppers and they are so trim, much better for trifolding than a regular cover that is cut to fit over a diaper.

If you have a bunch of fitteds, what about using the snap-in soakers to lay in a cover?
boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
JamesWife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
You can get trifold zorb inserts from The Fancy Pansy: http://hyenacart.com/thefancypansy/m...olding-Zorb-II

I've also been trifolding premium PFs lately -- I have a couple fleece AI2s from Little Boppers and they are so trim, much better for trifolding than a regular cover that is cut to fit over a diaper.

If you have a bunch of fitteds, what about using the snap-in soakers to lay in a cover?
I was just thinking maybe an insert for say a pocket diaper would be more absorbent? she can pee through my fitted soakers in one pee right now. I could boost them but I am looking for a one step diaper for under regular clothes when we are out. My friend is making me some fleece snap covers that I will just lay an insert in like an AI2. she made them trim so they will fit under clothes well
Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
JamesWife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaturtle View Post
I love all things hemp. Super trim and very absorbent. I like best bottoms, hemp babies, and. Thirsties
hi mama, I have only really used bamboo bc cotton isnt absorbent enough for us. with the best bottoms, does the hemp make them as absorbent as bamboo?
Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
mommy22IN
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would second the thirsties hemp inserts. They are really absorbant and trim. My son can last 4 hours with just one and at night I pair it with microfiber insert in a pocket and they last all night.
mommy22IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Chelory used to have a bamboo zorb insert, i assume she still has ghem. I live mine. I havent looked in awhile but im pretty sure you dont have to stalk inserts.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect
Old 03-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would try padfolded flats, I stuff most of my pockets with them now and they are super trim and absorbant. Abby's Lane has Osocozys 12/$20 with free shipping and 5% off with the coupon code "sunshine". Flats are so versatile you really can't go wrong having some on hand anyhow.
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWife View Post
hi mama, I have only really used bamboo bc cotton isnt absorbent enough for us. with the best bottoms, does the hemp make them as absorbent as bamboo?
I find that hemp is at least as absorbent as bamboo, maybe more, but you have to pair it with cotton or bamboo. If my toddler is only wearing a diaper w/hemp he will pee a spot through it. It's like the hemp needs a little time to disperse the wetness. When I pair it w/cotton then the cotton helps to disperse and the hemp will slowly absorb it away from the cotton. With a cotton velour doubler, the velour will actually start to feel a little dry as the hemp pulls away the wetness. HTHs! I'm with you though, one-step/easy is best for out-and-about
boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have been padfolding flats into my covers, and it is working great! They are absorbent and wash/rinse clean and dry quickly! I also love my sized pfs for trifolding, although that is a bit bulkier.
So tempted by Thirsties hemp prefolds...