Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
daisy7843
Registered Users
seller

Detergents gah!

Ok, I have so many diapers to prep and get ready for my newbie and I just can't decide on what to get. I was really hoping to find some locally but have been unable. Both babies r us and buy buy baby sell cloth diapers but neither of them sell cloth diaper detergent. There are no local cloth diaper shops here, none of the stores carry Country Save. I don't want to have to keep paying to ship it and I don't want to use something that will void my warranty. I have to decide on something!

Advertisement

daisy7843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Detergents gah!

You could always try what your diaper shop recommends or use a Free and Clear detergent.
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
cdwelton
Registered Users
seller

You can always use a free and clear detergent.

Also, just about everything voids your warranty for most diapers....
Old 03-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
lifesaturtle
Registered Users
seller

Ya I would go with a normal deterrent but a free and gentle or free and clear type. Its safe for cd and I think better on getting all the bacteria out
lifesaturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
Lesley@CottonBabies
Registered Users

I use bumGenius detergent, and so far it has always worked great for me. We've been using it for about 10 months now. I just put 1 scoop in a full cold wash, 1 scoop in a hot/warm wash, and follow with an extra rinse. If you don't want to pay shipping, Cotton Babies does sell it with free shipping if you are interested. I hope this was helpful! Good luck finding a detergent that works for you!
Lesley@CottonBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwelton View Post
You can always use a free and clear detergent.

Also, just about everything voids your warranty for most diapers....
So true!
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #7
daisy7843
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley@CottonBabies
I use bumGenius detergent, and so far it has always worked great for me. We've been using it for about 10 months now. I just put 1 scoop in a full cold wash, 1 scoop in a hot/warm wash, and follow with an extra rinse. If you don't want to pay shipping, Cotton Babies does sell it with free shipping if you are interested. I hope this was helpful! Good luck finding a detergent that works for you!
Thanks, that was actually what I was looking for at buy buy baby they said they would look into carrying it, so I will order some to get started!
daisy7843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
mparmywife
Registered Users
seller

You can just make your own. It's equal parts OxyClean, Arm&Hammer Washing Soda and Borax (you can buy all of these in the laundry section of your grocery store). So put like a cup a cup of each in a container and then shake together to combine. When you're ready to wash put everything in the washer, add a scoop of OxyClean, fill the washer and let it set over night. The next morning finish that wash and when it's done leave the dipes in there and do another wash, adding a scoop of your homemade soap, set it on a heavy-duty cycle (so it rotates a lot) and let it complete. Then dry however you normally do. I have very few stains with this method, it's really cheap and I've never had an ammonia or smell problem. Good luck :-)
Daughter of the King and Blessed to be a SAHM/WAHM BFing, CDing, Circumcising, Slow Vaccinating to James, mama to DD1 Caitlyn (08/16) angel baby Michael (10/07) DS Nathan (11/08) and DD2 Hanna Nicole (07/11)
https://www.facebook.com/SweetSparkles3
mparmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #9
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After a year of trying cloth diaper detergents, I decided I would rather have stink free diapers and a rash free baby than worry about a warranty. I like Tide Free.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #10
nappymaven812
Registered Users

I got horrible stinkies with all the "CD safe" detergents that I tried. I now use Tide ultra free and gentle powder and I haven't had a problem again. Love it!
nappymaven812 is offline   Reply With Quote