Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
practicingjoy
Registered Users

Tell me why I shouldn't use a sposie pull-up overnight.

My 2 year old is doing pretty well using the potty during the day, so the only time he's wetting is at night. Even during naps he's been staying dry. I just can't see why I would continue to use cloth when we wouldn't make enough for a full load by the time they're starting to really need a wash. Also, I'm tired of the battle to get him to lay down to put a diaper on when I could just quickly throw him in a pull-up.

Also, any recommendation for disposable overnight pull-ups. He's quite the heavy wetter since he usually drinks a bit of milk before bed.

Advertisement

practicingjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #2
Gardyloo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me why I shouldn't use a sposie pull-up overnight.

I wouldn't because I already own a cloth stash for overnight. I'm too cheap to buy sposies when I already own perfectly good diapers. As for the washing, when my ds was day trained, I just washed his night time diapers with the regular laundry and never had a problem.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Because they're expensive, not very absorbent, not as cute as cloth and they have chemicals in them. If his nighttime dipes just have pee, why not do a small wash at the end of the week? Use less water and there's no reason you need "a full load".
Old 03-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #4
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
In the same boat, and I switched to sposie pull-ups. Have to say, she does get some rashies from the sposies, so I'm trying to get her some cloth trainers. We use the 7th Generation pull-ups. I found them on diapers.com for cheaper than I was spending on the case of Huggies pull-ups at Costco. The 2T 7th Gen seem to run a little bigger than the Huggies 2T, but I don't honestly know if that means they hold more since DD isn't really wetting heavily at night anymore. But I've never had a leak with them.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #5
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Um....Chemicals, expensive, landfill, etc.....same reasons to cloth during the day or anytime.

When DD (and again when DS1) was PLing I would just do my reduced size diapers/cloth trainers load with my towels to have a full load. (Or, if your washer has a load size setting....just do a "small" load.)
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
McDMom
Registered Users

I totally understand. Personally I wouldn't use cloth if I only had one in diapers/trainers and that one was only using 1 diaper/trainer a day. I can't see how you would ever get a load with enough diapers to wash, especially since nighttime diapers need to be washed in one or two days anyway or the ammonia is BAD!!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #7
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would just cut out the before bed drinks and work on getting him night trained see if that works first.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

At about $0.50 each, no way! Plus, since toddlers sleep for about 12 hours at night, that means they are still sitting in the nasty chemicals for half the day. If your child isn't pooping in them, I would just throw them in with whites, towels or sheets, whatever you're washing on hot. You don't need to do a separate wash for the cloth pull ups if they just have pee.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #9
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

fwiw my older 2 are only in trainers at night and have been for awhile. i routinely wash their trainers with towels, sheets, even clothes with no issues. i dont wait for a full load just toss them in with whatever is washing that day.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #10
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

My personal answer would be chemicals. That's a long time to sleep in chemicals IMO. But you have to do what's right for your family. My LO is training right now so we're down to just a few diapers. I posted to ask how to wash and some wonderful Mamas recommended to wash with towels and it's working great! If you like the pull on style though and want to do cloth there is lots of good stuff out there.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote