Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #41
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: A Question about Circumcision (yes, a real question!)

In your case...with kidney reflux I'd say your odds of multiple UTIs are high regardless of circ or not and assuming there are no other health issues that could make a UTI especially dangerous I wouldn't do it...but that's just me...

Advertisement

Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)

Last edited by MamaNae; 03-20-2012 at 05:56 PM.
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #42
jcgreenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
OP, whatever you decide I'm sure will be ok. Have a frank discussion with your doctors and come to a decision you are comfortable with. If you end up circ'ing it makes you no less caring or conscientious of a parent. You have extenuating circumstances to be considered and you are just doing the best you know how, given the situation. However, if circ'ing is something you'd really prefer not to do, remember that in the Jewish faith babies aren't circumcised until the 8th day of life, so since your LO will undergo immediate testing perhaps you can wait until you have the results? That way you don't end up with an unnecessary circa that you feel guilty about. mama, and good luck making a really tough choice!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum, so please excuse they typos
Old 03-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #43
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have 2 kids...DD1 has kidney reflux. We knew this is hereditary before becoming pg, however our pediatric urologist has the risk at a % lower than 75, and decided if we had a boy he would be intact. They knew when I was pg about DD1 and the reflux and paid very close attentions to the baby's kidney size on u/s, as this can be an implication reflux is present. DD2 was born and not long after DD1 had her annual VCUG. The urologist mentioned DD2's risk but we chose to pursue testing if she started having issues. She's 1 and has never had a problem.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #44
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If the newb will have the VCUG anyway could you wait to see what the test results yield? That way your decision would be more informed. If he's got it then the you and the doc could discuss the benefits of a circ. If he doesn't, or it's at a really low grade, then you may choose to leave him intact.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #45
an_aurora
Registered Users

I haven't read the pages of responses, but circumcision is not going to make an iota of difference in reflux related UTI. I wouldn't circ just because of reflux.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote