Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #21
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Re: ***SENSITIVE*** Local child death in crash. Questions.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixels View Post
Installation of seat to vehicle is only half the equation. The other half is child in seat.

"Emergency personnel at the scene said the impact was so severe the baby’s car seat was knocked into the front seat of the car."

I read that to mean that the carseat was found in the front seat, instead of the back where it was before the crash. The way it's worded is vague enough that it could be either one.

When the vehicle is crushed to the point that there isn't enough volume left for the occupants, it's not a survivable crash. They happen. It doesn't matter how the child was or wasn't restrained, if there wasn't enough space for the child's body to exist, the child had no chance.
That's actually how I read it initially too, then I thought I misread after reading through comments.

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2016, 06:16 AM   #22
Brylansmom12
Registered Users

This is the one year olds mother. THE CARSEAT WAS PROPERLY INSTALLED. I MIGHT HAVE BEEN YOUNG BUT I WAS NOT STUPID. The emt had to cut the seatbelt to get the carseat out of the car. They had to use the jaws of life to get me out of the vehicle. He did not end up in the front seat. The backseat was pushed forward. He died from tramatic brain injuries. It was a tragic accident it could jave happened to any one. for everybody that was judging saying the carseat was not installed properly it was. Everybody is so quick to judge instead of praying. It's been 4 years since this happened and nobody knows what I go through everyday.
Brylansmom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:33 AM   #23
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylansmom12 View Post
This is the one year olds mother. THE CARSEAT WAS PROPERLY INSTALLED. I MIGHT HAVE BEEN YOUNG BUT I WAS NOT STUPID. The emt had to cut the seatbelt to get the carseat out of the car. They had to use the jaws of life to get me out of the vehicle. He did not end up in the front seat. The backseat was pushed forward. He died from tramatic brain injuries. It was a tragic accident it could jave happened to any one. for everybody that was judging saying the carseat was not installed properly it was. Everybody is so quick to judge instead of praying. It's been 4 years since this happened and nobody knows what I go through everyday.
I am sorry. I cannot imagine your pain.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:41 AM   #24
loving my family
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylansmom12 View Post
This is the 1'st time I have read this thread. I am sorry truly I am
loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #25
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The article itself says, "Emergency personnel at the scene said the impact was so severe the baby's car seat was knocked into the front seat of the car." I agree that you shouldn't make assumptions and it's tragic either way.
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 02:44 PM   #26
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I am so very sorry for you loss mama. I am even more saddened that you have stumbled upon this discussion which I am sure as caused a great amount of pain. The loss of any child is tragic, which was why I went on the offense 4 years ago in response to comments made. I cannot begin to image what you have gone through, please know you are welcome here, and you are welcome to share your story if you want to. But you do not have to, and you do not need to defend yourself. *hugs*
Old 03-13-2016, 08:49 AM   #27
Brylansmom12
Registered Users

I know what the article said. But I know the true story I was the driver. His carseat was still bucked in in the backseat. They had to cut the seat belt that was restraining his carseat to get him out of the vehicle. They did not won't to remove him from the carseat until he got to the hospital. He rode in the carseat all the way to the hospital.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:52 AM   #28
Brylansmom12
Registered Users

Thank you. I have good days and then I have bad. But I have to work through the pain for my husband step kids and my one year old. I feel the pain every day especially since my one year old has ways jus like he did. Everybody is so judgmental. It hurt alot seeing this but I'm glad I did so I could clear everything up.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:47 AM   #29
loving my family
Registered Users
seller
seller

Many I am so sorry my heart breaks for you & your family. You have suffered the most imaginable pain & I am sure reading this has brought up all that raw emotion.
I wish everyone understood loss is loss, pain is pain it is all tragic no matter how it transpired.
Rather than praying for the family they get angry & want to point fingers to blame, as they need someone or something to put the hurt into so they can justify the pain.
They do this because having someone to be angry with helps them cope with the pain so they can turn that pain into anger.
Instead of deal with the sadness as people find anger easier to deal with than the emotion of loss, that pain is too painful...
This is how they validate their anger & sadness to cope with the loss as anything else is to real to deal with.
loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote