yes- 0-3 months past delivery 27 35.53%
yes- 3-6 months past delivery 18 23.68%
yes- 6-12 months past delivery 6 7.89%
yes- a year or two past 8 10.53%
have been for years 5 6.58%
no 10 13.16%
other 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
3-6mos... I ended up having 2 abdominal surgeries and my non-maternity pants dug into and rubbed on my incision too much so the secret panel pants and capris have been a life saver. Then all my normal clothes and the majority of my maternity clothes were burned in a house fire. I kept my 3 fav maternity pants and 5 rucked side shirts and put the rest away a couple weeks before the fire and now it's all gone. I've been waiting to plateau in weightloss and for the insurance payment to buy new clothes!

Advertisement

Last edited by TwinKristi; 03-16-2012 at 05:05 PM.
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #12
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wearing maternity post baby?

I've considered wearing secret belly fit pants when we'd go to olive garden (when I wasn't pregnant nor I had I recently been) lol!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #13
this_mel_rocks
Registered Users
seller

I have several maternity tops. My chest is large and they just fit better in maternity tops. My baby is going to be 6 on April 3rd.
Earn free money with SwagBucks

Last edited by this_mel_rocks; 03-16-2012 at 07:22 PM.
this_mel_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
Swimmingly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sort of?
I have one pair of low waist dress pants (regular, not maternity) I bought when I was pregnant and wore from about 6 weeks to 20-25 weeks along (at which point they stopped fitting). After YDD was born... yeah, the hips just aren't the same. I still wear those pants.

I also have a pair of yoga pants I got at old navy (also not actually maternity pants) that I bought when I was just starting to show with YDD, wore them through the whole pregnancy, and I still wear them now. Super comfy.

The actual maternity stuff - I wore up until about 3 months PP, then I put it away. I could still only fit in some of my pre-preg pants at that point, but I had enough to get by.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #15
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I only wore mine for a few weeks after. I bought some bigger regular jeans for pp until he belly went down enough to wear my prepreg pants. I hate maternity pants. I actually wear a couple of maternity shirts under my work uniforms, just remembered that. Not because I have to, I'm just cheap and you can't tell they're too big because my uniforms are too big.
Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #16
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes i wear maternity about 3 months past birth. they are comfy and i gain so much weight while pg that my pre pg clothes dont fit.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #17
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I will wear maternity clothes when not pregnant. I'm a lot like this mel rocks, as far as the maternity tops goes. I'm even considering buying a couple hidden panel jeans and my little guy is fifteen months old. Ever since my c sections I've had a super sensitive abdominal area and my pants have to have a lot of give (yoga pants, etc.) but I do like the look of jeans.

Honestly if it fits and looks nice, and is comfy, I don't care if its maternity. If nobody else can tell, and it doesn't make you LOOK pregnant, who cares what the tag says?
happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #18
mjg2043
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee
i ditched my maternity clothing as soon as i didn't have that after birth preggo look. i just hated maternity clothing lol.
This was me too. I lost weight much faster the second time around so this was easier, but I was sooooo over those clothes by the time the babies came.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #19
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats
Yeah, I will wear maternity clothes when not pregnant. I'm a lot like this mel rocks, as far as the maternity tops goes. I'm even considering buying a couple hidden panel jeans and my little guy is fifteen months old. Ever since my c sections I've had a super sensitive abdominal area and my pants have to have a lot of give (yoga pants, etc.) but I do like the look of jeans.

Honestly if it fits and looks nice, and is comfy, I don't care if its maternity. If nobody else can tell, and it doesn't make you LOOK pregnant, who cares what the tag says?
Yes!! My incisions were bothered so much by regular jeans, it was awful. I've worn one pair of regular pants and it was very uncomfy. The hidden panel pants are so comfy!! LOL
Old 03-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #20
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

I wore some maternity jeans for about 8 months past giving birth. I was on domperidone for my milk supply and made me gain weight and I just didn't feel like buying more regular jeans.

Once I started taking fertility medications for my FET cycle, I started wearing them again because the meds make me super bloated.