yes- 0-3 months past delivery 27 35.53%
yes- 3-6 months past delivery 18 23.68%
yes- 6-12 months past delivery 6 7.89%
yes- a year or two past 8 10.53%
have been for years 5 6.58%
no 10 13.16%
other 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Wearing maternity post baby?

I ditched the maternity stuff ASAP. Within a month or so after birth.

Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

I voted other because I stop wearing the stretchy waisted jeans/short/skirts immediately after birth....but I keep wearing the dresses that I like to call faux know empire waisted, great for nursing, not tight....for forever. Seriously, I got pregnant with DS1 in 2008 and haven't given up these dresses yet.
JasmineMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
My Mood:

I'm kind of embarassed to admit this, but I have one pair of bootleg maternity jeans that I LOVE to wear. I just make sure I wear long shirts, LOL. Actually I've been buying elastic waisted jeans. They make some cute ones now. My weight fluctuates like mad. I have severe thyroid issues and when my meds are off track it's hard because my metabolism slows down and my weight goes up. *sigh* I am tired of going from 16 to 20 and back in a matter of months. It's just easier to wear more adjustable clothing. And it's comfy. My dd is almost three, so yeah, that's quite a bit past.

Now nursing bras I'd like to ditch. Sometimes I feel like I will never wear a cute bra ever ever again!
Tanya, mama to four wonderful girls, wifey to my favorite guy
DalesWidda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #24
Registered Users

Pants no, but a lot of the shirts have worked for nursing too
cbreeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #25
Registered Users
My Mood:
I usually wear mat jeans for maybe 4-6 weeks post partum. Except for my first I seem to get to PP weight within 12 weeks or so. I gain a crap ton of weight when I'm preg so it doesn't take long after until my mat pants are too big to wear. But what I did do was make my own awesome fittin maternity jeans which totally worked as awesome post partum jeans.

I bought two pairs of jeans, one pair chip and pepper one pair of blue cult a couple sized bigger than normal and I unpicked the waistband and took it off along with the belt loops then I sewer on a nice knit panel with encased ultra wide elastic. One pair was a little bigger than te other. The first pair took me from about ten weeks all the way to 34 when I dropped then I switched to the bigger pair which lasted the rest of the time. I wore the second pair right after delivery and the first pair for the next three ish months. Then never again. LOL.

I find once I lose weight they don't stay up on me. I'm always hiking them up when I'm walking, standing, moving.
Supermom, living the good and simple life, trying to remember how fortunate I am.

Last edited by TheGreenBee; 03-18-2012 at 11:29 AM.
TheGreenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #26
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
My Mood:
I buy maternity tanks every year! The motherhood brand ribbed cotton ones. They're only $9.99 and they're long enough to come to my hip and thick enough to not see through. If I could find another brand with those qualities, I'd buy it, but I haven't found anything even close! While preg I bought size small, now I buy extra small and you can't tell unless you look at the tag. All other maternity clothes go immediately since I tend to loose all my extra weight within 2-3 weeks.
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #27
Registered Users
My Mood:

I um, never stopped wearing my maternity pants and some shirts I'm very fluffy and gained weight between pregnancies and I can't find a regular pair of jeans to fit me without giving me a terrible muffin top and I will NOT wear mom jeans at 24 year olds. At least maternity are stylish and you can't always tell. Plus that panel sucks all the fat in lol.

Now, go figure I had just joined WW when I got my BFP a week later. I always do well there so I plan to do it again 6 weeks pp and my goal is to wear normal jeans again!

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote