Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
KdEMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Staying awake...

Since caffine is out the question, what are some ways to help bf momma stay awake?

Advertisement

KdEMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Chibirsd
Registered Users
seller

Caffeine is not out of the question ! Lots of breastfeeding mammas drink it ...like myself!! As long as you drink In moderation a very little amount of passed into the milk and most babies are fine with it !!!

Lindsey - RN wishing to be a SAHM. mom to the cutest DS born 10/3/11.
Chibirsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

Re: Staying awake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibirsd View Post
Caffeine is not out of the question ! Lots of breastfeeding mammas drink it ...like myself!! As long as you drink In moderation a very little amount of passed into the milk and most babies are fine with it !!!

Lindsey - RN wishing to be a SAHM. mom to the cutest DS born 10/3/11.
ditto. as long as you're not drinking a ton of it, there's no harm. i did avoid caffeine for awhile while bf'ing because i noticed a drop in supply when i drank it. so, watch for that. but i had a friend at the time with a baby the same age as mine, who happily drank a cup or 2 of coffee a day and didn't have that issue at all.

other than that, you can keep yourself awake the same way you did while pregnant but, i usually have a cup of coffee in the morning while pregnant too, since some caffeine is just fine as long as you don't overdo it. so i don't really have any other advice besides things like, have a glass of water, get up and walk around a bit, get some fresh air, etc. anything that is going to artificially stimulate you to not feel tired is going to be on the same level as caffeine, and the safety will depend on the substance and how much of it you're having.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't do even a drop of caffine. Lucky mamas. My advice as to what to do when you are tired is to not sit down.
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
mamma_z
Registered Users

You can use peppermint. I put a drop of peppermint essential oil on my pulse points when I need an evening pick-me-up. I can't have caffeine after noon or it keeps me up all night. Mint teas are supposed to stimulate as well
mamma_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamma_z
You can use peppermint. I put a drop of peppermint essential oil on my pulse points when I need an evening pick-me-up. I can't have caffeine after noon or it keeps me up all night. Mint teas are supposed to stimulate as well
Peppermint can reduce milk supply, be careful!
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
With ds I drank caffeine no problem, with dd I can't have any at all. To stay awake I usually call dh and talk to him while he's working

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #8
kferg
Registered Users

I never stopped drinking caffeine and it's never been an issue. Is there any way for you to take a nap in the daytime? Breastfeeding is demanding on the body. I find that I'm tired a lot and sometimes I haven't even been doing anything.
kferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

With DD1 I couldn't have ANY caffeine... With DD2 it doesn't seem to be an issue. I have never relied on it to keep me awake though, as it doesn't have that effect on me for some reason
You can try the peppermint EO, it shouldn't effect your supply externally, but the peppermint tea can, so as PP said, be careful with that.

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #10
indieknitter
Registered Users

I go outside (when weather permits) and that always helps to wake me up.
indieknitter is offline   Reply With Quote