Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #11
sandrabees
Registered Users

Re: ISO: Simple recipes w/ ground beef!

stuffed bell peppers are a favorite in my house and easy... brown 1lb grd beef, add tomato sauce, cooked rice, chopped bell pepper... whatever else you'd like for seasoning (onion garlic, salt pepper) stuff into bell peppers top with shredded cheddar or provolone (or whatever cheese really) bake 45-1 hr until tender.... YUMMMY!!!

Chili... I do 2-3 lbs of grd beef in the crockpot with 2-3 cans red kidney beans... diced tomatoes, tomatoe paste, chili powder, cayenne pepper, onion, peppers, whatever seasonings you like really... I cook mine all day or overnight stirring here and there.. sometimes I will chop carrots really small too... they cook so tender and blend in kids and hubby don't even know they are in there! LOL!

pizza mac..... this is an easy one dish that the kids like... brown 1 lb grd beef... then add 1 cup water, 1 cup elbow macaroni (or other pasta), 1 jar of pizza sauce... also add any seasonings you wish (garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt pepper, etc)... simmer with lid 15-20 min... until pasta is cooked thru... Then top with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese... (to make it look like a pizza) I then stick it under the broiler to brown the cheese... serve... kids love this and it is cheap and easy and 1 dish to clean! and hubby likes it too! LOL!

That is all I am thinking of now

Advertisement

Jamie Mommy to Clint (8-21-02), Sandy (5-25-05) and Gavin (5-14-07)
sandrabees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #12
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is simple but good.....

Mix 1lb cooked/drained ground beef with 1 pkg frozen shredded hashbrowns, 1 can cream of chicken soup, milk (hmm maybe 1/2 cup), shredded cheese and then top with a little more cheese. Bake in oven till shredded potatoes are soft and top is browned. You could also add in some frozen veggies to make it a little healthier but i dont' cause my kids are so picky i just add veggies on the side Oh and i season it pretty well and put in diced onions or onion flakes if i have no onions...
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #13
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not-sagna is really good. It's like spaghetti & lasagna but better!

1lb ground beef
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1lb fancy egg noodles or any similar type of pasta
8oz ricotta cheese
1/2C parmesan cheese

Boil pasta as directed, reserve 3/4C of starchy water
Mix ricotta & parmesan in large bowl, add starchy water
Mix in pasta & 1C of sauce
Pour remaining sauce over pasta mixture & garnish w/ fresh basil & a sprinkle of parmesan if desired
Old 05-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #14
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

i like to make tator tot casserole

tator tots (however many it takes to cover a casserole dish)
5 slices of cheese
can of cream of mushroom soup
can of mixed veggies (drained)
1 lb ground beef

Brown the beef, then mix mushroom soup mixed veggies and beef together in casserole dish, lay sliced cheese over the top and then tator tots and bake at 350 until the tator tots are done...it's really good with ketchup after it's done!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #15
stjarks
Registered Users

My Mood:

Beef Strognoff

1 lb beef
16 oz sour cream
1 small can cream of mushroom soup
milk (fill the mush soup can up 1/2 way)
1 can mushrooms or fresh mushrooms
1 onion
a couple cloves garlic
oil

Cooked pasta

Brown the onion and garlic in the oil, then add the beef and brown. Rince your meat, then add mushrooms, cream of mush, and 1/2 can milk. Simmer for 20 min. The slowly add sour cream. Once it is all mixed, serve over pasta.
stjarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:11 AM   #16
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another recipe - kind of chinese ish :-)
Ground beef, grind up and cook of course, along with an onion and chopped up cabbage. I like to put 2 eggs that yolks have been busted and pour the eggs into the mixture until it cooks (keep stirring son eggs dont get really chunky). When the eggs are done..it'll be in lots of litle pieces. Add what seasonings you like (salt, pepper, any garlic if you like). also add soy sauce...makes it really tasty!!

Cook pot of rice on the side. If you like you can mix the rice and beef stuff together or you can serve the beef mixture on top of the rice.

extra note: If you want you can add other veggies to the mixture to make an even tastier stir fry. cabbage just goes a long way!!