Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
jfkmama
Registered Users

Grovia trainers overnight?

If you use Grovia My Choice Trainers for overnight, what do you stuff them with? I want to use them for my 34lb 3 year old. Also who has the plus size side panels in stock? Depending on what we stuff them with I probably need the larger side panels.

Advertisement

jfkmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
blondchen
Registered Users
seller

Re: Grovia trainers overnight?

You'll need the large side panels for sure. The fit on my skinny, 29-lb 2yo was okay with the regular ones, but she complained that they were tight and they did leave red marks. I ended up returning these trainers, though, because the thread at the pocket opening snapped on both of them when I stuffed them the first time (and the microfiber fabric started to unravel). It's a design flaw that they're going to need to fix at some point, but if that doesn't bother you then it really is a great design. The stuffings I tried were prefold only, prefold+hemp doubler, and 3 hemp doublers (no prefold). All combinations fit well in the pocket - the thread issue notwithstanding - but I like the trimness of the hemp only...DD is used to sposies at night so the prefold was just too bulky for her. The 3 hemp doublers did the best job of absorbing, btw.

Last edited by blondchen; 03-17-2012 at 12:43 AM.
blondchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

I stuffed with 2 GroVia boosters, never had the problem above post mentions with unraveling of the GroCool lining (there is no microfiber in the trainer at all) but DD was not a heavy night wetter and is now night trained, she did wear them from Dec until Last week though, and we never had a leak. She is 30pounds and 36 inches I used the plus size panels and the lower rise snap for her best fit.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:42 AM   #4
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

I have also heard that flip trainer inserts fit but I never tried, our flip trainer went on FSOT pretty quickly because the fit was terrible and DD didn't like the exposed PUL sticking to her
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondchen
You'll need the large side panels for sure. The fit on my skinny, 29-lb 2yo was okay with the regular ones, but she complained that they were tight and they did leave red marks. I ended up returning these trainers, though, because the thread at the pocket opening snapped on both of them when I stuffed them the first time (and the microfiber fabric started to unravel). It's a design flaw that they're going to need to fix at some point, but if that doesn't bother you then it really is a great design. The stuffings I tried were prefold only, prefold+hemp doubler, and 3 hemp doublers (no prefold). All combinations fit well in the pocket - the thread issue notwithstanding - but I like the trimness of the hemp only...DD is used to sposies at night so the prefold was just too bulky for her. The 3 hemp doublers did the best job of absorbing, btw.
This exact same thing happened it me where it came undone at the mouth of the pocket. They told me I must have been too rough with it. I put one thin Flip trainer insert inside, not my toddler.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote