Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Easy breakfasts for a 1yr old?

My baby loves cottage cheese, banana chunks, Cheerios, and scrambled eggs. Sometimes I will throw cheese or tiny bits of sausage into the eggs. A few times I've put some little tomato chunks in there, just for variety. She gobbles it up.

Oh, and oatmeal! Particularly apple cinnamon. I make it in the crock pot overnight so it's hot and ready in the morning, and all I do is add a bit of cold milk in it and stir it up for her.

Advertisement

Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #12
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Frozen yogurt bites. Take yogurt and make bite size dots on a cookie sheet and.pop them in the freezer over night. Pry them off and toss them in a bowl with a hand full of fruit. It's yogurt with half the mess.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We keep boiled eggs in the fridge. Super easy to peel and cut up. Add fresh fruit and dry cheerios and your good.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Eggs, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt. You can even freeze yogurt as bites.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #15
amiecheatham
Registered Users
seller

we do the quaker instant oatmeals for breakfast MOST mornings. we get a variety pack and do a different flavor each day. literally put it in a bowl add either milk or water and microwave. so easy!
amiecheatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #16
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We do baby oatmeal every morning. It is super easy! 25 seconds in the microwave.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #17
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
These may have been mentioned already but we do (& these aren't restricted to breakfast in our house): mini pancakes (eggo or homemade & frozen, multigrain blueberry waffles, yogurt- we usually buy Stonyfield 3 in 1 meals, or fruit with cereal. (this is usually lunch) ds is also likes Irish oatmeal (or steel rolled???) mixed with a little brown sugar- I make a pot & put 3-4 bowls in the fridge for the week. (this is lunch or dinner usually) Ds also like toast or English muffin with strawberry or grape jelly or PB. Ds also like cinnamon raisin bagels with butter. You could also have cut up strawberries ready to go & blueberries. Yogurt melts & Cheerios are easy too! DH does breakfast around here so DS usually gets easy food he can feed himself while DH gets ready for work

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #18
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack View Post
Frozen yogurt bites. Take yogurt and make bite size dots on a cookie sheet and.pop them in the freezer over night. Pry them off and toss them in a bowl with a hand full of fruit. It's yogurt with half the mess.
Good idea!
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I only work PT, and it's afternoons only except the occasional weekend morning, so it doesn't have to be super quick and easy for me, but I have 4 dogs to feed and care for in the AM as well as DS, and DH works nights so it's just me in the morning. So here are the ones I make that are quick and easy. I try really hard not to feed DS the same thing in the morning, it seems dull to me and I want him to remain used to eating a variety of foods. He's 19 mo now but he's been eating all this stuff since he was a yr...

Banana and container of yogurt (we buy the meijer brand flavors, he'll eat any of them)

A package of the variety pack of oatmeals, we get the fruit and cream variety. DS does NOT like anything "hot" - lukewarm at best,a nd oatmeal seems to cool slowly and wasn't filling him up anymore, so we figured out if we keep his individual cups of applesauce in the fridge, one cup of applesauce in a bowl of fresh out of the microwave oatmeal makes it the perfect temp, texture, and fills him up.

Mcmuffin (is that the right term?) with peanut butter on it. He didn't really start liking PB till the last few months, I think it was too sticky.

Eggo minis or pancakes/waffles. He loves the eggo minis. I usually pair those with scrambled eggs which I only recently found can me microwaved cooked! So much faster and easier. I do two eggs in a bowl sprayed with the pam stuff so it doesn't stick (sticks bad if you don't) then a touch of water. Mix em up, nuke for a minute, mix again, and depending on how done they are cook another 30 seconds to a minute.

Strawberries cut up and paired with a mcmuffin or eggo's

Eggs with cheese on them, he loves this
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #20
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

fruit is easy, especially if you keep it pre sliced in the fridge
My DS doesnt like how his eggs will get crunchy on the edges when I make them in the pan, I like to scramble an egg in a bowl and heat it for a minute in the microwave to cook it, that way it stays light fluffy and soft (and easy!) he eats an egg almost every morning with breakfast since we get them from our farm
Dry cereal is good too

Last edited by KB'sMama1031; 03-17-2012 at 08:02 PM.
KB'sMama1031 is offline   Reply With Quote