Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

if I am forced into scheduleing a csection...

it might as well be around my timeline!!

sooo i am planning a vba2c and dr is sooo not on board and keeps trying to get me to schedule csection ahead of edd...which is Apirl 19th...
he first said that he had it set up for the 12th...which would be 39 wks and i told him no...that we wanted to wait til teh edd or even go to 41 wks...at the next appt he asked about the 17th and I said we will see but maybe...went home and talked with DH and we said that no we wanted to wait til teh edd plus having a baby in the middle of the week will be harder on everyone...so the 19th is a Thursday which the same day of the week that our girls were born....

well now DH has something he wants to go do the weekend of our EDD and I am ALL for him going...for one thing it would be a great reason to postpone the csection date yet again if i tell dr taht dh will be out of town and so we want to wait and schedule the csection for later say 41 wks which would be the 26th or so....AND that gives me more time to have a chance to go into labor on my own which is what i really want anyway!!!

i mean if i go into labor and need a csection that is fine but for me just doing a csection because of a 1% chance (not to mention the 12% chance of certain problems from a csection) I am sooo not on board for that...why put myself through a major surgery unless it is ness!!!!

so am i crazy for pushing back the scheduled csection date?

Advertisement

Last edited by Br2me; 03-16-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: if I am forced into scheduleing a csection...

I don't think you are crazy to try to push back the c-section date again. I do think it's a bit risky to send your DH out of town the weekend of your EDD. Because I think the scenario of pushing the c-section back to 41 weeks, and sending your DH out of town the weekend of your due date is just asking for you to go into labor while your DH is gone.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
I don't think you are crazy to try to push back the c-section date again. I do think it's a bit risky to send your DH out of town the weekend of your EDD. Because I think the scenario of pushing the c-section back to 41 weeks, and sending your DH out of town the weekend of your due date is just asking for you to go into labor while your DH is gone.
I totally agree. Also, your OB sounds like a real pita, I probably would've switched by now, but I know options may be limited.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not to seem overly conspiratorial, but given the timing (mid/late April), could Doctor be attempting to plan around a spring vacation?

And I know how you feel. I'm stubbornly planning for a vaginal delivery, but knowing that there's a 50/50 shot I'll need a C-section, I have days where I almost want to just give up and schedule the section so I can let go of all the "what-if's" of a natural delivery for me, and just get on with prepping for a section.

I agree that I wouldn't let DH go out of town though. Murphy's Law... I just wouldn't risk it.

KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

thanks mamas!!!!

he will be going about 2 hrs away...and can get back faster if need be...lol...and its not a big deal for me to have him here as long as he comes when called type of thing..lol...I will just have to call him when labor first starts instead of waiting...kwim...I have tons of family here and will more than likely just plan on spending the day with my mom so that if labor does start she can be in charge of the older kids...and get someone to come watch them and drive me to hossy...

we have stuff planned every weekend up til the edd and now this trip for him came up...i would sooo rather plan stuff then sit around and wait for labor to start!
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Cherise1502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Will the doc not induce instead of just doing a c section? At least then if you don't go on your own you would at least give your body a chance versus just going straight for the c section?
Old 03-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
BabySnickerdoodles
Registered Users
Formerly: Generalsgirl08
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would totally go for it hon...in fact, I would just call the office about a week before the section is scheduled, and tell them THEN that you had something come up, and ask to be rescheduled for a week later. If you don't deal directly with the dr. it might be easier on you
And truly, even if you labor for a LITTLE while, that alone gives baby a great big dose of amazing hormones, rather than just an elective c/s

I couldn't find a doc or hossy to let me vbac so I labored at home, than emergency transfered to a private hospital with a fantastic OB who was 100% for vbacs, so I got my vbac!
I know that might not be possible for you, or something ya'll are comfortable with as a family...but yeah, I woulda dumped that OB awhile ago...NOT a fan of scheduled c/s, especially when they try to push for pre-EDD dates...the longer your little bun cooks, the better! He should know that >
Ready to Shop for Woolies? Check out Baby Snickerdoodles on Hyena Cart
BabySnickerdoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
BabySnickerdoodles
Registered Users
Formerly: Generalsgirl08
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok...I just wanted to clarify, what I said up there sounded a little condescending and I didn't mean it that way! I TOTALLY understand that you might feel this is your only option, and you shouldn't feel bad about that...but if you are going to get sectioned, make it on your own terms for sure! I just don't like dr.'s bullying patients into doing something that is obviously not the "best" for baby. My babies need 43 weeks to cook, so if someone tried to section me at 39 weeks, I would have a premie on my hands...so that is where I'm coming from I definitely think you own the right to choose and plan as you desire, and its ridiculous for anyone to push you around.

If you can't VBAC, make this birth your own...be in control...don't let people walk all over you
Ready to Shop for Woolies? Check out Baby Snickerdoodles on Hyena Cart
BabySnickerdoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
They can't section you if you don't show up!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #10
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
They can't section you if you don't show up!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
that is exactly what i was thinking

You can even so politly tell them "you can schedule it for whichever day you like, but i will not be available until after x date for a c-section...I will, however, show up for a normal, vaginal delivery should the need arise"