Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
angel nee nee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
vent.... my two year old is making sure I don't talk to mommy friends

I do not know if you remember or read my previous thread, but I had posted a while ago about my frustrating at the park. My two year old wants me to push her on the swing the whole time, or starts throwing tentrum, and I do not get to talk to other moms and kind of feel left-out from mommy bench.
And that particular day i posted, my four year old also gave me a hard time with fussying, but that does not happen every time.

I assumed that my two year old is still very young and just wanted my attention.

well..... today, it became obious that my two year old baby girl is making sure I do not talk to other moms and make mom friends.

I met someone today and started talking and my two year old girl kept pushing me and pulling me, so I gave her books.... did other things to entertain her.... and go back to try to join the conversationa gain, but of course my girl starts all over again before I return to the conversation and starts pushing and pulling....

Then she stood between me and other moms and told me not to talk to them. And spread her feet and arms to make sure I do nto approach them.

What is this....? There are other nice children that play with her, but my two year old tell them no sometimes..... and would not want to play.

Bringing a chalk to the park the other day helps some though.

But this thing with her teling me not to talk to other mom is making me sad.

do any of your precious little one do this? I think I am spoiling my princess way too much.

Advertisement

Click Here
to join suporpoints and get your 50 poits.
Earn points for paypal cash.
Do you like shopping online? Get rebates from ebates, Mr. Rebates
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Does she do the same thing when you're on the phone? It's frustrating, but not unusual. I would try calmly telling her that you love her very much, but you go to the park so she can play with her friends and you can play with yours. If she doesn't want to play she may sit there quietly while you talk. If she does want to go play she and mommy can do a special activity together when they get home (something where she gets undivided attention for 30 min to an hour), and see if it helps.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: vent.... my two year old is making sure I don't talk to mommy friends

Then she can have a seat next to you when you chat with your friends or she can go play on her own or with other friends. Kids do need to realize that mom's can and need to have friends to socialize with also. If she throws a temper tantrum then there needs to be a consequence for her actions. One idea would be her not getting to go to the park or her sitting out instead of playing.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
angel nee nee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Does she do the same thing when you're on the phone? It's frustrating, but not unusual. I would try calmly telling her that you love her very much, but you go to the park so she can play with her friends and you can play with yours. If she doesn't want to play she may sit there quietly while you talk. If she does want to go play she and mommy can do a special activity together when they get home (something where she gets undivided attention for 30 min to an hour), and see if it helps.
Thanks for the sweet advice.

I was holding her as I talked.... becuase I thought she wanted the attention, but noooooo she was unhappy! LOL she does the same thign with the phone, but when I am on the phone, I think she mostly wants to talk to whoever is one the phone, or, reminds her that she could be using my phone to call daddy so she wants to talk to daddy. lol And claiming her "right" to use my phone.

I pack some fun things for her to do... but..... those things usually do not work on her when she is upset about me talking to otehr people.... I will keep working on, well, reasoning with her. she might or might not understand, but I think that's probably the best thing I can do at this point..... and with lots of repetition and eventually her growing.... she should understand eventually.

Click Here
to join suporpoints and get your 50 poits.
Earn points for paypal cash.
Do you like shopping online? Get rebates from ebates, Mr. Rebates
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
MunkyCrazy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well since it sounds like she is getting plenty of 1 on 1 uninterrupted attention from you, I would start ignoring. When you arrive at the park, play with her for 5 minutes or so and then kneel down, look at her and say "Mommy is going to go talk to her friend for 10 minutes now, then I will come back and push you on the swing." If she follows you, pushes, pulls, screams etc just ignore. It's going to be hard and people might look at you like you're being mean and you'll probably be tempted to pack her up and leave or give in and play with her to hush her up, but just ignore. Try to ask one friend to help you out and try to have a conversation through the screaming and ask her not to engage her either. She'll give up and go play when she realizes it's no fun standing there yelling at you and that you aren't going to give in. After she goes away to play, wait 5-10 min and then go push her on the swing for 5 min and praise that she played so well while you were talking to your friend. As she learns to play alone, you can increase the time you talk.