Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2012, 04:44 AM   #1
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

mom to mom sale. what do i need to buy?

I am going to a mom to mom sale today that is going to be huge like 1000+ moms. I don't know what I should buy. Since we are team green I am buying both boy and girl 0-3 month outfits. I know they grow out of these really quick but I do need some because I am not going to feel like shopping immediately post partum. Is also like to get some 3-6 month clothes just in case the baby comes out big. I am planning on cosleeping and baby wearing also if that helps.

Here is what I have:
4 onesies (both boy and girl)
4 swaddling blankets
Breast pump
Breastfeeding pillow (no cover)
Stroller and carseat
Cloth wipes
7 newborn diaper covers
2 wool covers for 0-3 months
Baby furniture (no changing pad)

I don't really have a specific budget so please just let me know what you think I would need or should buy at this sale! I really need help and I know I am going to be completely overwhelmed when I go there.

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: mom to mom sale. what do i need to buy?

Take a copy of your registry if you have one (or print the "registry must haves" with the prices) so that you know what NEW retail value is of anything you decide to buy. Make sure you are getting a good deal.

You'll probably want the changing table pad & a nice soft cover.

Get yourself a GN cover for your breastfeeding pillow, you'll use it in the hospital. If you want a gender specific one later, you can order it online.

Get some gender specific preemie stuff, if this is your first baby. I had everything in every size, except PREEMIE, and my first one was 6 lbs & the 2nd was 5 1/2.

If there are extra pump parts or bottles for your pump & you intend on pumping for day-care, you might want to get those. They are expensive to buy. (Otherwise get the LC in the hospital to make sure you have a good fit...then they can add extra parts onto your hospital bill, which insurance will pay for.)

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: mom to mom sale. what do i need to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post
Take a copy of your registry if you have one (or print the "registry must haves" with the prices) so that you know what NEW retail value is of anything you decide to buy. Make sure you are getting a good deal.

You'll probably want the changing table pad & a nice soft cover.

Get yourself a GN cover for your breastfeeding pillow, you'll use it in the hospital. If you want a gender specific one later, you can order it online.

Get some gender specific preemie stuff, if this is your first baby. I had everything in every size, except PREEMIE, and my first one was 6 lbs & the 2nd was 5 1/2.

If there are extra pump parts or bottles for your pump & you intend on pumping for day-care, you might want to get those. They are expensive to buy. (Otherwise get the LC in the hospital to make sure you have a good fit...then they can add extra parts onto your hospital bill, which insurance will pay for.)
Thanks for your suggestions, they really helped. As I suspected I did get overwhelmed but I definitely did pretty well.

I got a Miche Lucy diaper bag that I really like
2 pairs of maternity jeans and a shirt
26 baby outfits
a changing pad and cover
a 40 piece wooden block set

I looked for a nursing pillow cover and a pump but I guess I bought less common brands. An Ameda purely yours pump and a Gia Simplisse breast feeding pillow. If I had a boppy or a Medela I could have been stocked!