Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
EveryDayIsANewDay
Registered Users
Formerly: Stacey***ke3
seller
seller

My baby girl went to daycare for the first time!!

She's 2.5 and never been. We couldn't even get her to stay in the daycare rooms at church (by ages) or at the gym daycare where her big sis (5) was in the same room.

She's been there for 1.5 hrs and just called and they said she's playing just fine. I was quite worried because she was SCREAMING her head off, and I did the whole quick you're gonna have fun, mommy will be back in a little bit to get you thing. I know it's worse to extend the goodbyes.

Advertisement

EveryDayIsANewDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: My baby girl went to daycare for the first time!!

i'm sure its harder on mama then on your daughter. I know it would be tough on me.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She might have a lot of fun today, playing with other little ones her age.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

She'll have a great time. The first few days are rough. Pretty soon she'll be looking forward to going to "school" with her new friends.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
EveryDayIsANewDay
Registered Users
seller
seller

I swung by at 3 to drop off some paperwork they needed, before I finished getting ready to head into work, and I got to take a look in the room and she was playing off to the side as content as can be!

Her babysitter picked her and DD1 up at 4, then their dad picked them up at 6:30. Daycare closes at 6:30, but I feel like 8:15-6:30 is way too much for DD2, but I think DD1 would have a blast staying with the extended care kids. Their dad brought them by my work and my manager let me go outside to talk to them for 15 minutes before they went to stay the night with him.

So SO happy DD2 did wonderful! It takes a load of stress off my shoulders.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's great!
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
doodah
Registered Users
seller

I think you are making a good choice in ending the day at 4. Going to 6 is a long time for a youngster to be away from home. Glad the first day went smoothly!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

it's always rough at first. ds was in daycare as an infant, but at 1 yr we pulled him out because dh was going to stay home with him for a few months. after those few months, dh got a job, but i didn't have one, so ds stayed home with me for a few more months. by the time we put him back in daycare a year later, he of course didn't remember it so it was like he'd never been! he FREAKED the first few times. don't be alarmed if she's upset again tomorrow, and for a few days afterwards. as soon as i left, he was usually just fine all day they said, but me leaving was always a production, although i also tried to just set him down, say goodbye, and leave like you did, it still didn't really forstall the meltdown. but he warmed up to it, and ended up loving it. pretty soon, i was dropping him off, and he would just run away and yell "bye mommy!" over his shoulder as he ran to play with his friends. i was a little sad he wasn't missing me as much but mostly glad that he was having a really really good time. she'll get there. he LOVES daycare now, and asks to go on the weekends even when he doesn't have to.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #9
EveryDayIsANewDay
Registered Users
seller
seller

To the PP right above me- I dropped her off today and she didn't cry at all! I stopped by at 3 to fit DD1 in a new carseat for my mom's car (she has one DD1 can fit in already installed) and DD1 and I spied on her. She was doing great, not necessarily playing with the other kids, but no crying at all. It really makes me feel better knowing she's handling the transition okay so far.

I will say tonight I took an early break at work ( I live .25 miles from home) and when I left, she threw a major fit for my mom.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #10
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It makes it all so much easier when they don't cry. I tried to go back to work, but DD would cry for hours at a time non stop to the point she would almost puke. After a week and a half my job let me go, and Dh said we would just make do with his income, it was to hard on DD and Ds for me to work.
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote