Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #11
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

Re: My baby girl went to daycare for the first time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDayIsANewDay View Post
To the PP right above me- I dropped her off today and she didn't cry at all! I stopped by at 3 to fit DD1 in a new carseat for my mom's car (she has one DD1 can fit in already installed) and DD1 and I spied on her. She was doing great, not necessarily playing with the other kids, but no crying at all. It really makes me feel better knowing she's handling the transition okay so far.

I will say tonight I took an early break at work ( I live .25 miles from home) and when I left, she threw a major fit for my mom.
yea! that's so great! it's so much easier when they don't get upset. i'm glad she seems to be liking her daycare so much!

the fit for grandma was probably just cause, you know, she's a kid....

Advertisement

Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
EveryDayIsANewDay
Registered Users
Formerly: Stacey***ke3
seller
seller

Re: My baby girl went to daycare for the first time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liadan23 View Post
yea! that's so great! it's so much easier when they don't get upset. i'm glad she seems to be liking her daycare so much!

the fit for grandma was probably just cause, you know, she's a kid....
Honestly, if I had known she'd do so well in daycare, I probably would have found a job much much sooner due to finances (single mom living with my mom).

Today she whimpered when I left and when I picked her up she was in the extended care class with DD1. She kissed her teacher good bye and it made me so happy I almost cried!

I was contemplating pulling them from daycare when I get real childcare assistance (when I prove I work 30+ hrs a week) and using our normal babysitter from about 4-8pm. Now I am rethinking that DD2 could really benefit being there for a few hours a day at least, then Nana (my mom), their dad, or babysitter grabbing them at 6:30. She hasn't had a single potty learning accident in three days! At home, even with reminders, she was having 0-3 a day.
EveryDayIsANewDay is offline   Reply With Quote