Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Marchkins 3/19-3/25

This whole time I've been done being pregnant - ya know? Until Friday; Friday my dad literally flat lined, died, was revived, and flighted to a bigger hospital. He's in a cardiovascular ICU unit and is the only patient on the floor with one to one care... Also, he is pretty much intubated and at one point this weekend no organ in his body was working on it's own - either it was being made to work with medications or machines

So now... I want Mason to stay in as LONG as possible because quite frankly, I don't want to be away from my dad but bringing a newborn into an ICU is a bad idea... well a stupid idea IMO.

Anyway - what's new with you ladies?

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins 3/19-3/25

Hope you dad gets well soon.

Not much new. Just that the closer it gets to my due date I wish people didn't know the actual day... 40 week appointment tomorrow so we'll see how things are going. Tired and hungry is how I feel most of the time though.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry about your Dad. Praying he recovers.

Nothing much going on here. Had my 39 week appt today and woke up to find my youngest and his bed covered in poop. So I barely made it to my appt by the time I got it all cleaned up and us out the door. My DS2 turned 2yo yesterday, so the g-parents stopped by during the day and visited a bit and then we just celebrated at home, just us.

Got pre-registered at the hospital today. Praying I either have this baby by this weekend or not until April 2nd or later, b/c my MW is going out of town on vacation. :/ There are several OBs in the group that I love as well, but I'd really like to have her as she the most natural minded of them all.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
mamastesh
Registered Users
Formerly: preemiemama
seller
seller

Kayla - Prayers for your dad. And big ((HUGS)) to you. I can't imagine how hard it must be to experience something like that with a parent and be looking forward to a birth day. So many emotions I am sure.

ETA - I also accidently posted in the previous week's thread. Whoops! Gonna go get my post...

Here it is:

Congrats Sara! Can't wait to see pics!

Abby and Alicia I am soooo looking forward to seeing your new little squishies, I just loved giving birth and am so happy to be nursing again. Birth day is so magical and I can't believe ours was 17 days ago already!

Abby - it looks like Shanna's Baby Juliet arrived on 3/2, but I didn't see it on the arrivals thread.

Nursing with a toddler around is pretty interesting. My ods hasn't been too interested in the actual nursing as long as I help the baby to "no cry baby, no cry". He has noticed that the baby needs my "boo boos" and I tell him that baby nurses mamas milk. I have hand expressed a bit so he could actually see the milk because I don't think that it was clicking for him that there is actually milk in there!

Last edited by mamastesh; 03-19-2012 at 08:33 PM.
mamastesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by preemiemama View Post

Abby and Alicia I am soooo looking forward to seeing your new little squishies, I just loved giving birth and am so happy to be nursing again. Birth day is so magical and I can't believe ours was 17 days ago already!
Me too! I'm curious to see if she looks like dd1 who looks very much like dh or if she'll look more like me.

Oh and MIL, I'm not being selfish by not having the baby yet...I'm not holding her all the time just to keep you from it. *sigh* I know she was just joking but still. Baby will come when baby's ready.

Oh I only gained 1lb in the past week. But my feet and legs have started to swell some so I'm staying off of them when I can but I know I need to keep moving some to keep labor easier...
Old 03-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

KaylaJayne- I hope your dad gets better soon! That sounds so stressful! Be careful at the hospital; I feel like I get sick every time I go there to visit someone.

I am glad that my mom was here the whole week, even though it was a little stressful. It meant a lot to her to be here, and she would have missed the birth again if she hadn't been staying with us. Micah's birth was a lot more intense than my first, albeit faster.

Claire loves her little brother! It has been awesome being at home and not the hospital. Everything went pretty much exactly how I planned and hoped for. Micah has been very sleepy but is nursing well. He was born with a bit of tongue-tie, but it was snipped quickly, much to my relief. His latch seems just fine

I will post more details in his birth story. It's been a great experience so far! I feel awesome especially since the afterpains are fading. I hope you other ladies don't have too long to wait and have great births also!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #7
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Good appointment today - I've progressed to 2cm and 60% She said the only thing holding me back was finishing effacement - baby's head is way down so I just need to thin out some more and hopefully that will bring on some "real" contractions. Been having bh all day so I'm ready to get this show on the road.

I'm tired now though, went to a couple different stores and out to eat after the appointment - my cooking at home has just gone downhill partly because I'm too tired to make it to the store most days and I still haven't got meal planning down. I did make it to target and got 4 bags of m&ms though - was able to stack 2 target coupons and 2 manufacturer coupons on them, now I have a small candy stash.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, these threads slow down when everyone starts having babies.

@Alicia: Yay for dilation!! I know I got myself two packages of chocolate chip cookies the other day as my splurge.

Nothing much going on here. Took the boys out to lunch and to get groceries yesterday and then washed DH's truck, which they loved helping with. I'm starting to get a little anxious, but I just keep trying to remind myself of all the things I still have left to do!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hope those babies come soon!

I'm overwhelmed with juggling having two children now. I am nursing, so I do nights all by myself. I sleep on the couch in the living room so that we don't wake DH or DS. We have had a big struggle with nursing, but I think we are doing better. I found out she has a milk allergy, so all the formula I stocked up on I have to sell and replace with soy for when I need to supplement. I'm hoping to not need to for a while, but we will see! Sometimes she nurses great, other times she still seems hungry after I feed her.

I am going to work hard one day this weekend to get the house caught up with cleaning and organizing so that I have simple upkeep. Just don't have the time or energy to do constant cleaning. DH's birthday is this weekend, so hopefully we will go do something fun. Of course I am the one that will plan it, so hopefully I think of something!

DH is already talking about wanting more kids down the road. Pretty overwhelming for me to even think about, even though 2 years from now I'm sure I would consider it. Just not even a thought on my mind when I JUST had DD, and I'm completely sleep deprived.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #10
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
I hope those babies come soon!

I'm overwhelmed with juggling having two children now. I am nursing, so I do nights all by myself. I sleep on the couch in the living room so that we don't wake DH or DS. We have had a big struggle with nursing, but I think we are doing better. I found out she has a milk allergy, so all the formula I stocked up on I have to sell and replace with soy for when I need to supplement. I'm hoping to not need to for a while, but we will see! Sometimes she nurses great, other times she still seems hungry after I feed her.

I am going to work hard one day this weekend to get the house caught up with cleaning and organizing so that I have simple upkeep. Just don't have the time or energy to do constant cleaning. DH's birthday is this weekend, so hopefully we will go do something fun. Of course I am the one that will plan it, so hopefully I think of something!

DH is already talking about wanting more kids down the road. Pretty overwhelming for me to even think about, even though 2 years from now I'm sure I would consider it. Just not even a thought on my mind when I JUST had DD, and I'm completely sleep deprived.
It's great that you're still nursing! I saw the thread in the breastfeeding section As far as soy formula goes, I think the evidence really points to problems later in life (hormonal) to babies fed soy. There is a homemade formula recipe that uses raw milk that I would use if I had to supplement at all. It's on the Weston A. Price foundation website if you're at all interested. She would probably tolerate raw milk just fine, since it's the undigested cow milk protein in your milk that she is having a problem with.

And I can't believe that your husband is already talking about having another baby already! My husband is actually doing really well with this right now; he's stepping up and took my daughter to the grocery store by himself for the FIRST TIME today. She's 26 months old for goodness' sake! But he is like NO MORE BABIES EVER. He would get snipped right now if I was okay with it. sigh.

Micah is doing great. It's crazy how small he is even though he was a week late. He also had a little bit of jaundice when the midwife came by yesterday evening, so we're nursing like crazy (milk came in last night) and he's been sleeping in the sun. I am pretty sure that the jaundice is almost gone. He's also pooping a bunch, so I know he's getting it out of his system. I've already started cueing him when I can tell he's pooping. I think he'll be easy to do EC with, because he already hates a dirty diaper. Claire really didn't care at all, so I had to be super observant with her. I think Micah might help me out a bit more.

My daughter suddenly looks like gigantor compared to her brother. And seems SO heavy! I'm not even supposed to lift her, lol! Yeah that is not happening.

Something I've noticed about having a homebirth, and I'm not sure how I feel about it- we haven't had many visitors at all other than my family! I think that at the hospital it's maybe more like public property and friends feel like they can pop in and say hi, but if they know you're at home, they don't want to disturb your home? I was actually looking forward to visitors because I didn't get out much the past week, but I've basically started sending people messages to tell them that it's okay to come! I kind of feel like I'm begging for attention, but I just want some company!

Also, it's great to feel like you can do anything after giving birth...but I really just wanted people to do stuff for me for a few days at least. But I didn't get that AT ALL from my husband or even my mom. I was up the next morning making breakfast for them because they didn't do it themselves, and I was hungry! geez. Hate to whine about that, but it was a little annoying, especially after taking care of them for the whole week beforehand.