Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins 3/19-3/25

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
It's great that you're still nursing! I saw the thread in the breastfeeding section As far as soy formula goes, I think the evidence really points to problems later in life (hormonal) to babies fed soy. There is a homemade formula recipe that uses raw milk that I would use if I had to supplement at all. It's on the Weston A. Price foundation website if you're at all interested. She would probably tolerate raw milk just fine, since it's the undigested cow milk protein in your milk that she is having a problem with.

And I can't believe that your husband is already talking about having another baby already! My husband is actually doing really well with this right now; he's stepping up and took my daughter to the grocery store by himself for the FIRST TIME today. She's 26 months old for goodness' sake! But he is like NO MORE BABIES EVER. He would get snipped right now if I was okay with it. sigh.

Micah is doing great. It's crazy how small he is even though he was a week late. He also had a little bit of jaundice when the midwife came by yesterday evening, so we're nursing like crazy (milk came in last night) and he's been sleeping in the sun. I am pretty sure that the jaundice is almost gone. He's also pooping a bunch, so I know he's getting it out of his system. I've already started cueing him when I can tell he's pooping. I think he'll be easy to do EC with, because he already hates a dirty diaper. Claire really didn't care at all, so I had to be super observant with her. I think Micah might help me out a bit more.

My daughter suddenly looks like gigantor compared to her brother. And seems SO heavy! I'm not even supposed to lift her, lol! Yeah that is not happening.

Something I've noticed about having a homebirth, and I'm not sure how I feel about it- we haven't had many visitors at all other than my family! I think that at the hospital it's maybe more like public property and friends feel like they can pop in and say hi, but if they know you're at home, they don't want to disturb your home? I was actually looking forward to visitors because I didn't get out much the past week, but I've basically started sending people messages to tell them that it's okay to come! I kind of feel like I'm begging for attention, but I just want some company!

Also, it's great to feel like you can do anything after giving birth...but I really just wanted people to do stuff for me for a few days at least. But I didn't get that AT ALL from my husband or even my mom. I was up the next morning making breakfast for them because they didn't do it themselves, and I was hungry! geez. Hate to whine about that, but it was a little annoying, especially after taking care of them for the whole week beforehand.
Yeah, I'm completely shocked by him even mentioning he wants more kids. He was the one that was upset about this pregnancy, because he only wanted 1 boy and then wanted to be done. Told all the family and friends that, it was really embarassing. NOW he wants 4 kids... figures. He even said last night "We can keep the baby stuff for whenever we decide to have the next one, or when we have an 'oops'.". I said "We are NOT having an 'oops'! I am breastfeeding full time, going on the pill, and might even make you wear condoms on top of that!". He gave me huge wide eyes, and I almost think he was a little upset/hurt that I didn't welcome the idea of the next one. But I've always had to push for what I wanted (#2), and I actually like the idea of him having to push this time, and me being able to make the call when I'm ready.

OH MY GOSH.. I can't believe he hasn't taken her to the store by himself yet! I guess DH really didn't do that until DS was 2, though, so I can relate. I just never really needed him to, and I didn't like him going without me, just in case DS needed something that DH forgot or didn't know how to do.

I totally understand about people not wanting to help. Made me mad. My MIL is evil (literally), so we avoid her at all costs. She of course HAD to see the baby as soon as she could, but luckily the hospital discharged us as soon as we had been there 24 hrs. She was already in her car planning on seeing us at the hospital. Bummer for her, though, I put her on a list of people NOT allowed in my room. So she came by the house that night. I was exhausted, hadn't slept for 32 hours (thus them discharging me to go home and sleep). She came over with her stupid dog (which she knows she is not allowed to bring), new BF that we hate, DH's little bro and sis, and DH's Gpa. We all decided to order pizza, and she only chipped in $20 for a $50 order. DH was SO mad. Not only did they not bring anything for us, or pay for the pizza, but they didn't even pay for half, when DH and I only had a few pieces of the 4 pizzas. They know we are poor and can't afford that stuff.

Luckily we saw my Mom, who cooked for us, gave us a ton of stuff we needed (bottles of laundry detergent, soap, food items), completely cleaned my house and scrubbed my floors, and helped in any way she could. LOVE her.

But what is it with the tradition of people having to see the baby so soon? And what happened to lost hospitality? I remember people use to bring dinners over your house, ask if you needed help with cleaning or yard work, or errands or doing your grocery shopping for you. Church people and friends would bring over meals for weeks. Now everyone just wants to see your baby as soon as you pop it out. They could care less that you are exhausted, and never think that maybe YOU want to spend that first few days holding your own newborn you carried and labored over. I don't mind if no one bring me stuff, or meals, or helps. But how rude to expect ME to cook, feed you, and clean my home so you can come over and take my little squishy from me.

Advertisement

Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #12
crunch!910
Registered Users

Quote:
Something I've noticed about having a homebirth, and I'm not sure how I feel about it- we haven't had many visitors at all other than my family! I think that at the hospital it's maybe more like public property and friends feel like they can pop in and say hi, but if they know you're at home, they don't want to disturb your home? I was actually looking forward to visitors because I didn't get out much the past week, but I've basically started sending people messages to tell them that it's okay to come! I kind of feel like I'm begging for attention, but I just want some company!
It's interesting you say this... because after DS1's birth I wanted visitors as well! I had visitors EVERY day we were there, and they'd stay for hours at a time. I often had a room full between my sister, mom, and two friends. I loved it! When I wasn't sleeping/resting/nursing, I wanted visitors.

Delivering an hour+ away this time, and worried about how I'll feel with little to no visitors. My sister/BIL will bring my mom and visit me for sure, GMIL will bring DS1 up to the hospital at some point, but my friends won't be driving to visit me, MIL is not coming up at all for the birth, and I don't think my dad will come to visit either. I worry even more about maternity leave. I know I'll want company so bad!! My friend is having her baby 3-5weeks after me and she's currently working nights, so hopefully we'll visit each other a lot to keep each other sane.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
JessicaArizona
Yes...we know what causes it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am the odd duckling out in this one. Lol I would prefer no visitors. They come and get loud and most the time they just stand around and talk to each other instead of me anyway. I get tired of the "party" people seem to think is ok in my room. I would love two weeks away from people altogether.
Weird thing is: I'm a HUGE people person! I love being around people and visiting and having people over...except for the last month of pregnancy and the couple weeks after. I could e a hermit. No idea why.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 03-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #14
mamastesh
Registered Users
Formerly: preemiemama
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
DH is already talking about wanting more kids down the road. Pretty overwhelming for me to even think about, even though 2 years from now I'm sure I would consider it. Just not even a thought on my mind when I JUST had DD, and I'm completely sleep deprived.
I was the one in this house talking more babies as soon as Squishy was born. I think its great that your dh has come to love being a dad and wants more. But, I also get that you want him to wait on you now. I was actually surprised by how strongly I felt that I am not done having kids. My MIL has a 6th sense about stuff and actually sent me a text yesterday asking me if we are going to have more kids. We are struggling financially big time bc I couldn't work for most of my 2 pregnancies, so having more is a complicated decision bc of all this. Anyway, isn't it funny how we are thinking about this as we struggle to figure out how to care for the 2 we have. Meanwhile, because of the money stresses dh has not had the best attitude lately. Also, he might not have his job for much longer so that just adds to the stress. Yuck! Good thing I have these babies all day long to put a smile on my face.

Quote:

My daughter suddenly looks like gigantor compared to her brother. And seems SO heavy! I'm not even supposed to lift her, lol! Yeah that is not happening.
LOL! I didn;t even think twice about picking up and carrying 30lb ds1. I actually told dh I would help him load up two huge couches onto the truck and we could take them to the dump together. I told this to my mom, and she was like, um no! Maybe in another month or so. I don't know what I was thinking. But I guess this is why people assume I can do so much, because I push myself to do stuff I have no business doing.

Quote:

Also, it's great to feel like you can do anything after giving birth...but I really just wanted people to do stuff for me for a few days at least. But I didn't get that AT ALL from my husband or even my mom. I was up the next morning making breakfast for them because they didn't do it themselves, and I was hungry! geez. Hate to whine about that, but it was a little annoying, especially after taking care of them for the whole week beforehand.
I feel grateful that my mom and in laws came to the hossy in the middle of the night to meet Andrew. I only had 1 other visitor, but that was more than I had for ds1, and he was in NICU for 11 days. Funny thing is I have fewer friends now then I had then. After no one came to see ds1, some of those friends had to be moved to non-friend status. We only stayed 1 night in the hossy, and then my in-laws stayed for the next 2 nights. My MIL did dishes and laundry which was really nice, but all they wanted to eat was hotdogs and take out food, yuck! But that is just how they are. By the third day they were here I was of course cooking because I needed something fresh. Thank goodness my mom will cook for us if I really need a good meal. I am super close with my mom and she spends 2 days/week with us usually. With dh being weird and traveling some I don't know what I would do without her. I just need the company of another adult sometimes. I also have 1 girlfriend and we do 3-4 play dates/month. Today was play date day at her house and it was so nice to get the boys out of this house. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to my DS and TBW friends so that we could all visit together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
It's interesting you say this... because after DS1's birth I wanted visitors as well! I had visitors EVERY day we were there, and they'd stay for hours at a time. I often had a room full between my sister, mom, and two friends. I loved it! When I wasn't sleeping/resting/nursing, I wanted visitors.

Delivering an hour+ away this time, and worried about how I'll feel with little to no visitors. My sister/BIL will bring my mom and visit me for sure, GMIL will bring DS1 up to the hospital at some point, but my friends won't be driving to visit me, MIL is not coming up at all for the birth, and I don't think my dad will come to visit either. I worry even more about maternity leave. I know I'll want company so bad!! My friend is having her baby 3-5weeks after me and she's currently working nights, so hopefully we'll visit each other a lot to keep each other sane.
That is so nice that you have a friend that you can hang with. I think it will help you a lot.

Jessica - The first week after the initial rush is over, I too want to just be alone with my family. I actually didn't even want dh in the house. Just wanted to be mama bird with my two little baby birds in my nest.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:29 AM   #15
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaArizona View Post
I am the odd duckling out in this one. Lol I would prefer no visitors. They come and get loud and most the time they just stand around and talk to each other instead of me anyway. I get tired of the "party" people seem to think is ok in my room. I would love two weeks away from people altogether.
Weird thing is: I'm a HUGE people person! I love being around people and visiting and having people over...except for the last month of pregnancy and the couple weeks after. I could e a hermit. No idea why.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Haha, this is me to a T! In fact I'm already somewhat aggravated at what I know will be the monsoon of dinners/meals heading my way b/c while I'll love not having to cook, what makes you think I want to wash all your dishes?? Plus, many will come over and then hang out (with their kids) and it's just too much confusion for me. And the timing couldn't be more worse with Easter being around the corner and the family gatherings. :/

BTW, I was wondering where you've been.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #16
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

I'm back for the next few days (well all day today and then tomorrow part of the day). I've been staying down at the hospital at a charity house with my brother. My dad has made AMAZING strides since he got to the hospital on Friday night. He was completely sedated until Sunday night (Saturday they took out his balloon pump for his heart), and then took out his ventilator as well.

He is now moved to a regular cardio room where they are checking his heart tissue to see if the damaged tissue is just damaged but alive or dead. Apparently he had been drinking a lot again. BUT this scared my father so much he's ready to follow every step given to him!!!

They told him yesterday that if he keeps improving like this he might get to go home by the end of the weekend :shock: He will have to wear a life vest which is pretty much a portable defibulator... and come back for PT

Anyway.... No baby yet here :/ However, he coudl come now and I'd deal okay with it - LOL
Old 03-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #17
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Aw! So much going on with you all! I know the anticipation is wearisome (at least it was for me) especially when you have other heavy issues to deal with!

Things are going good here. Had our 5 day home visit this morning and Molly Jo is weighing in at 7lb5oz, nine pounds under her birth weight.

The Dolly Parton fairy came to visit on Tuesday and, woah... Boobalicious!

I'm loving my babymoon!
Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #18
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh, and.. Eek, my hubs is already talking about baby # 6!!! I'm not against it but I am so not ready to talk about anything which leads to labor and birth, lol!!! Crazy husband! Let a gal recover first!

Old 03-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #19
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMandy View Post
Aw! So much going on with you all! I know the anticipation is wearisome (at least it was for me) especially when you have other heavy issues to deal with!

Things are going good here. Had our 5 day home visit this morning and Molly Jo is weighing in at 7lb5oz, nine pounds under her birth weight.

The Dolly Parton fairy came to visit on Tuesday and, woah... Boobalicious!

I'm loving my babymoon!
Did you mean 9 oz. under her birth weight?

DH is also loving the boobs. I have always been a SUPER small A cup (like, training bra small). And now I'm a small C cup. They always get small again after a few weeks post partum, but this is my first time nursing. So hopefully even AFTER I'm done nursing.. they stay that size!!
Old 03-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #20
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMandy View Post
Oh, and.. Eek, my hubs is already talking about baby # 6!!! I'm not against it but I am so not ready to talk about anything which leads to labor and birth, lol!!! Crazy husband! Let a gal recover first!

Hehe.. glad my DH isin't the only one that is like that right now! I thought maybe I should take him in for a psych. eval. I'm struggling trying to juggle 2. It DEFINITELY is an eye opener. It's hard to get ANYTHING done when I have to nurse every 2 hours, keep tabs on what DS is doing (usually nothing good!), and then try to do my normal chores around the house.

I was supposed to open a home daycare in a month or two, now I'm not sure. If I do, I will only be watching toddlers, that is for sure. DH is applying for a new job where he works, hoping to make another $15-20K so that I don't have to worry about working to help make ends meet. We will see!