Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #21
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily

Did you mean 9 oz. under her birth weight?

DH is also loving the boobs. I have always been a SUPER small A cup (like, training bra small). And now I'm a small C cup. They always get small again after a few weeks post partum, but this is my first time nursing. So hopefully even AFTER I'm done nursing.. they stay that size!!
Lol! Yeah! Whoops!!!! Hahaha! I had small boobs too but they stayed at about a b or so for the last few years... Mainly because I've been nursing or pregnant or both!

Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins 3/19-3/25

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMandy View Post
Aw! So much going on with you all! I know the anticipation is wearisome (at least it was for me) especially when you have other heavy issues to deal with!

Things are going good here. Had our 5 day home visit this morning and Molly Jo is weighing in at 7lb5oz, nine pounds under her birth weight.

The Dolly Parton fairy came to visit on Tuesday and, woah... Boobalicious!

I'm loving my babymoon!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #23
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
After only 36 hours my milk came in!! Last night went better too, baby and I both got more sleep. I did break out a paci though....she nursed for almost an hour straight and wouldn't settle down and I really needed some sleep. She took it and we both got an hour+ sleep.

Going to try cloth out on her today. And I'm going to try to write her birth story today so I don't forget too much.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #24
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My milk came in much faster this time also Good thing, because he actually had a bit of jaundice, but it's gone now because of all of the nursing.

Today we had a checkup with the midwife. He had dropped to 6 pounds 14 ounces by 36 hours old, but guess what? In the past 3.5 days he gained 13 ounces! So back up to 7 pounds 11 ounces, 9 ounces more than his birth weight. LOL. I think I'm going to have another chunk. It makes me feel better about his tongue tie also. The midwife clipped it, but his tongue is still not quite 'right'. It looks strange underneath and still doesn't come far out of his mouth. But it definitely doesn't seem to be affecting his nursing or how much he's getting, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much right now.

5 days pp...and I've only lost 13 pounds!! AAAGH. I was really hoping for more than that. I have a long way to go 27 pounds.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #25
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Updated my newborn in fluff thread over in another part of the forums!

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1368669

I REALLLLY love newborn fitteds. Man, I wish I would have done fitteds with my 4th child. Flats and prefolds were a pain to wrangle on a newbie.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #26
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love fitteds for around the house, and aio diapers for going out. I made a bunch of AIOs for my daughter, but got lazy and didn't make many for micah. I bought 2 grovia newborn AIOs, and I love them except for that they are not very absorbant. I seriously have a super-soaker baby on my hands, so I add a lot more layers to them. But they fit great and are cute and don't leak otherwise

Ugh I wish these milk dispensers attached to my chest would figure out how much milk to make. They are SO full all of the time, and he nurses a LOT. I forget how long it takes to regulate- has anyone gotten to that point yet?
Old 03-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #27
mamastesh
Registered Users
Formerly: preemiemama
seller
seller

I am a prefold/flats girl, but I am glad I got a few fitted dipes bc I love using them with wool at night. I didn't have any for ds1 until he was 8 or 9 months old. I have been using up some sposies when we go out of the house which is not that often. I wish I had a nice stash of AIO/AI2's for outings. DS2 is probably over 10 lbs now. Any suggestions on good dipes for a super soaker/super pooping kind of baby?

Sara - I lost 10 lbs on days 8/9, so maybe some will come off for you in the next few days. I am happy with how my weight is coming off so far. My pre-pregnancy weight was 155. I weighed at least 220 before delivery and this morning I weighed 181. Not bad huh? Today I am 23 days pp. The day after delivery I was only down 13 lbs. I gained more weight than I wanted to, but I guess my body knows what it is doing because my appetite is just not that strong, but I eat when I am hungry and my milk supply is great. My body will not be back to its normal shape for quite awhile still, but I am totally happy with the weight loss. At least my face and ankles are back to normal.

I wrote my birth story up here if anyone is interested. Glad I finally got around to doing it last night. It was really nice to relive it a little bit and get it all written out. We are going through a lot right now and will be going through some major transitions so it was just very soothing to just think of our wonderful delivery and how our second son, Andrew, came to be with us.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #28
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are loving fitteds here too!! I use the AIO's either going out or at night because it is easier than a 2 part system. I just put her in a gown at night and I can change her in a minute, I even wet the wipes before bed and put them in a disposable wipes case I have been using our hand knit woolies a lot but haven't used my SBish yet because it is really high waisted and her belly button is still a little bloody/yucky even though her stump fell off wednesday.

How is everyone else's baby's belly buttons looking? I don't remember DD1's really bleeding after the fact but maybe. It isn't heavy and everything I am googling says it is normal but it is still yucky. It even looks a little yellow and open inside still. It is also slightly herniated but dd1 and my niece had that too so it doesn't bother me much.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #29
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Well ladies... tomorrow's the day! With all that was and is going on with my dad I may have talked my doctor into inducing me tomorrow... I'm at a 3 and 50% effaced as of Friday's appointment so she's going to give me a "pill" to soften my cervix and then break my water - so really not all that much inducing needed

This plan was in place so that we could get baby here with someone available to watch my other son (my dad was coming home from the hospital monday and my brother was going to be there) and so that when I came home, I could help out with my dad because my brother would be going back to KS. Of course, there is always a wrench in MY plans! Dad might not get out until Wednesday and my brother has to head back to KS on Tuesday...
Old 03-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #30
mamastesh
Registered Users
Formerly: preemiemama
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
We are loving fitteds here too!! I use the AIO's either going out or at night because it is easier than a 2 part system. I just put her in a gown at night and I can change her in a minute, I even wet the wipes before bed and put them in a disposable wipes case I have been using our hand knit woolies a lot but haven't used my SBish yet because it is really high waisted and her belly button is still a little bloody/yucky even though her stump fell off wednesday.

How is everyone else's baby's belly buttons looking? I don't remember DD1's really bleeding after the fact but maybe. It isn't heavy and everything I am googling says it is normal but it is still yucky. It even looks a little yellow and open inside still. It is also slightly herniated but dd1 and my niece had that too so it doesn't bother me much.
What AIO's do you use?

I have a confession...I am a cheater... I use sposie wipes at night. I am sooo glad I got our woolie gowns. So easy to just use a fitted and not mess with a cover. And I love that it is more open and breathable at night. I also love to use our 1 wool cover, a Loveybums crepe wrap, with a cotton night gown.

Andrew's cord stump fell off right around 1 week, but it was bloody and crusty until just a couple of days ago. He is 23 days today, and I just gave him his first bath yesterday. We didn't have this at all with ds1 either. Totally normal though and I think it will heal up just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJayne View Post
Well ladies... tomorrow's the day! With all that was and is going on with my dad I may have talked my doctor into inducing me tomorrow... I'm at a 3 and 50% effaced as of Friday's appointment so she's going to give me a "pill" to soften my cervix and then break my water - so really not all that much inducing needed

This plan was in place so that we could get baby here with someone available to watch my other son (my dad was coming home from the hospital monday and my brother was going to be there) and so that when I came home, I could help out with my dad because my brother would be going back to KS. Of course, there is always a wrench in MY plans! Dad might not get out until Wednesday and my brother has to head back to KS on Tuesday...
Thinking of you and hoping that things work out with your dad. The situation sounds stressful, but I am glad to hear that your dad is ok and will be coming home soon.