Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #31
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins 3/19-3/25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJayne View Post
Well ladies... tomorrow's the day! With all that was and is going on with my dad I may have talked my doctor into inducing me tomorrow... I'm at a 3 and 50% effaced as of Friday's appointment so she's going to give me a "pill" to soften my cervix and then break my water - so really not all that much inducing needed

This plan was in place so that we could get baby here with someone available to watch my other son (my dad was coming home from the hospital monday and my brother was going to be there) and so that when I came home, I could help out with my dad because my brother would be going back to KS. Of course, there is always a wrench in MY plans! Dad might not get out until Wednesday and my brother has to head back to KS on Tuesday...
Good luck and easy labor vibes!!!

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #32
mamamoo13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJayne View Post
Well ladies... tomorrow's the day! With all that was and is going on with my dad I may have talked my doctor into inducing me tomorrow... I'm at a 3 and 50% effaced as of Friday's appointment so she's going to give me a "pill" to soften my cervix and then break my water - so really not all that much inducing needed

This plan was in place so that we could get baby here with someone available to watch my other son (my dad was coming home from the hospital monday and my brother was going to be there) and so that when I came home, I could help out with my dad because my brother would be going back to KS. Of course, there is always a wrench in MY plans! Dad might not get out until Wednesday and my brother has to head back to KS on Tuesday...
Sending you some for a smooth labor and delivery. And hopefully a little less stress as far as juggling everything.

Michelle
mamamoo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #33
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by preemiemama

What AIO's do you use?

I have a confession...I am a cheater... I use sposie wipes at night. I am sooo glad I got our woolie gowns. So easy to just use a fitted and not mess with a cover. And I love that it is more open and breathable at night. I also love to use our 1 wool cover, a Loveybums crepe wrap, with a cotton night gown.

Andrew's cord stump fell off right around 1 week, but it was bloody and crusty until just a couple of days ago. He is 23 days today, and I just gave him his first bath yesterday. We didn't have this at all with ds1 either. Totally normal though and I think it will heal up just fine.

Thinking of you and hoping that things work out with your dad. The situation sounds stressful, but I am glad to hear that your dad is ok and will be coming home soon.

I have a few of each BG xs, grovia, lil joeys, and blissful booty. I mainly use the BG's and blissful booty's at night because they are both Velcro. I wish I got woolie gowns!!! That is a great idea, I honestly didn't love the look of them but didn't think about the ease of night time changes! I also wish I had a newborn wool wrap. I have two soakers but those are not super easy for middle of night. My setup is just the diapers, wetbag for dirties and the pre wet wiped in her bassinet right next to the bed and I just sit up and change her, nurse and fall back asleep. I am so lazy, I don't even get out of bed!

Ok good on the belly button! Not that I was worried it was just so simple with dd. I think it just fell off and was healed right away.

Kayla, hope everything goes smoothly and your dad is able to come home sooner than later!!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #34
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Micah's cord stump fell off in 2.5 days! It was really fast. I think Claire's took at 4, and I thought that was fast!
KaylaJayne- hope everything goes well with the induction- I think I was only 3cm and 50-75% effaced when labor started, and it was still quick So here's hoping you don't have to wait too long!

umphreys mommy- I have only changed his diaper once at night! I would do it more, but he doesn't complain, and I have a really hard time coming to any kind of conscious state at night, especially while nursing- does anyone else feel drugged when they nurse at night?! Although it's a welcome change from pregnancy insomnia...