Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
LillyIvy
Registered Users
seller

How do you fill your day?

I know it sounds weird, but I'm pretty sure I have ADD and staying focused on my kids is challenging. Today for instance, we got up around 8, took a small walk, and literally nothing else besides snacks and lunch. I know we all get bored, but when I do I get a head ache and don't want to do anything. A stupid vicious cycle.

Anyway, what are some good ways to fill your day with two small kids? I'm going crazy.

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I will go walk the mall, go to the zoo or aquarium, the park, visit mommy friends, go to the store... I usually do something in the morning so they take a good nap which I use to take care of things and read books. I allow 1 video a day such as Signing Time or baby Einstein.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How do you fill your day?

Library, children's museum, parks, playing outside, shopping, craft projects, play groups, visiting friends...
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We'll typically bum around in the AM. Baby goes down for his nap within an hour or two of waking. B and I might do a craft or get outside or he'll watch a movie to be nice and quiet. If we have to run an errand, we'll go when M wakes from his morning nap. If hubby is working, we might get to the YMCA for 4pm so that I can get a workout in.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
LillyIvy
Registered Users
seller

What kind of crafts are good for an 18mo old? My 4yo DD will basically do anything, but finding something for my DS has proved challenging. He's in the "eating everything, especially crayons" stage, so coloring is out of the question. Lol.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

The crayola twistable crayons are toddler friendly there's also sand box and water table too.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
angel nee nee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you want to do crafts, there are free printables you can print, or books you can buy and cut out with or for kids. At 18 months, it is likely that you will end up showing your child how to do it. You can print out two same craft items for your kids, then have four year old color, cut and glue, You can sit next to your children and color, cut, glue the 18 months old's. I do this with my four year old and two year old. Two year old wants to cut and color and glue too sometimes, especially coloring part, I let her color, if she wants to cut, we do it together. If she wants to glue, we do that together. I do it with alphabet buddies now.
http://www.dltk-teach.com/alphabuddies/index.html

here are someo lapbooks you can make with your children.
http://www.homeschoolshare.com/level_1_lapbooks.php

Those are some simple and easy craft ideas. You can also check out more craft idea books. cuttig, glueing, and crayons are certainly not the only kind of craft you can do. There are lots.

Depending on what you and your kids ilke, of course you can do cooking together, or you can do small science experiment together at home too. They sell science kits for kids that are really fun.

Starting a garden might be another fun way to spend morning time togehter daily.

Click Here
to join suporpoints and get your 50 poits.
Earn points for paypal cash.
Do you like shopping online? Get rebates from ebates, Mr. Rebates
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Swim lessons, story time at the library, trips to the park, picinic lunches, local jump zone, zoo, aquarium if you have either of those close. Find a bike path and walk, play dates, walk the mall.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyIvy View Post
What kind of crafts are good for an 18mo old? My 4yo DD will basically do anything, but finding something for my DS has proved challenging. He's in the "eating everything, especially crayons" stage, so coloring is out of the question. Lol.
Meh. They are non toxic, I wouldn't worry about it. He'll stop soon enough.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a hard time focusing sometimes, as well. So I understand.

I don't have a car to get out and about with my kids so we're kind of stuck here all day. We read books, we do crafts of all kinds, we practice our ABC's and 123's, we go for a lot of walks in nice weather, we play hide and seek, we do our own story time, we make a game of cleaning up, etc.