Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Springs1
Banned

Waiting in Line at a Store(Leaving a Line) & Parking Spaces

I just recently had someone that left a line at a store to go get a shopping cart(like at least 40 or so seconds possibly more) and then told me something as if I was cutting when I was getting ready to be next in line(I moved up) when honestly if you LEAVE a line, you LOSE YOUR SPOT, PERIOD! He said he had his stuff there, I was like, SO WHAT, YOU LEFT THE LINE. That stuff is honestly the company's stuff since they didn't pay for it yet, so that means NOTHING.

I have also had situations where 5 people over the years have asked me if they can get in front of me in line. I refused ALL of them. The reasons, if we all could do that, then NO ONE WOULD EVER HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE and that's just NOT FAIR. My time is just as important as someone else's time. I have asked people if they wanted to get in front of me before, but I have NEVER had the GALL to ask someone to cut.

These actually all happened at Walmart, which I feel if you are in a hurry, WTH are you all at Super Walmart the biggest grocery store just about and the longest lines, WHY go there? Go to another store or gas station even. If your time is soooo important, maybe pick another time to go if you want to go to Walmart like 9p.m. at night during the week or something or 7a.m. or something. Don't go after work like everyone else is doing the IDIOTS. Seriously, Walmart isn't the only store that sells cigarettes either. Go to a gas station if your time is that important to you to ask to CUT in front of someone. I value my time just as everyone else does. If everyone would be able to ask to cut, no one would ever have to wait. That's unfair to people that are playing by the rules and have to wait. No one likes waiting. I would love to have no waiting in lines, but that's not life. I don't act like I am above someone else. I couldn't fathom asking someone to cut, can you all or have you all? If you have, WHY? WHO ARE YOU A KING OR QUEEN? Seriously, nobody is better than anyone else in this world. We have to SHARE the world and not be so SELFISH!! I have to wait behind someone; someone has to wait behind me, that's how it works if you go at a busy time or maybe at a slow time when not as many cashiers are there to check out. Go to a gas station if you don't want a line for cigarettes, seriously. I don't feel sorry for someone like that. You aren't GOD, you are just another customer just like me and I have to wait, SO DO YOU! Cigarettes aren't mandatory to live you know.

1st time I was shocked, this man asked me I said something like if you are going to be like that, NO and he acted all mean.

2nd time the guy was not mean, but I still said no.

3rd time, woman got in the line that had the cigarettes at Walmart, asked me if she could get in front of me. I told her no and she was MEAN. I was thinking and I wanted to say to her "GO TO A GAS STATION IF YOU ARE IN A HURRY LIKE THAT." I mean really, if you want the best prices, you PAY LITERALLY WITH YOUR *****TIME*******!

4th time, I had my groceries on the conveyer belt ready to check out right as I was getting ready to do it, this guy asked if he could get in front of me, I told him "NO" and he called me a *****. I told him "YOU AREN'T GOD, YOU ARE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE that has to wait THEIR TURN in this world that we all have to SHARE the world, waiting for our turn. See how if I would have let him in, how he wouldn't have appreciated it by calling me a *****? He was mean to act like he's GOD or something. My time is just as important on this Earth as his. I had things to do too. I always would go to the store on a certain day of the week after work, so I didn't get to eat dinner yet, so yeah, I was hungry and wanted to go home. I had things to do too. This guy was not even dressed up like he was in OLD CLOTHES so it wasn't like he had to go to work or something. People are just so selfish today.

5th a man asked me and someone else he wanted to buy a bottle of alcohol that was the lane by us and I told him no. We already were waiting a long time. Anyway, some stupid idiot he told us let him cut. When will people learn that these type of people are just selfish, huh?

I also had another situation with line cutting that a cashier/clerk did:
At Bed Bath and Beyond I was walking with my cart and noticed a lane open up, as I was already walking towards the line I saw the clerk/cashier motion for another guy to go that was in another line that he could go in that new line that was open. That guy customer made a decision to leave a line, so that means he was NO LONGER IN LINE TO HAVE A SPOT. No one makes you leave a line. He could have stayed as I have before. It's a personal decision. No one made that guy leave the line. So when I got to the line first, the guy customer didn't say anything as I expected he didn't, it was the clerk/cashier that told me the guy behind me was first. I was like, "NO, I beat him to the punch" "He a left the line." I also said "My time is just as important as his." Since the guy had a CHOICE and ****LEFT A LINE*******, he automatically didn't have a spot in a NEW LINE. I wasn't in line and I happen to see it was open. I had EVERY RIGHT to be first. It would be the equivalent of if me and another customer walked at the same time by a line, but let's say she beat me to it. Same thing. If that guy was in the line, he could have stayed in that line if he chose to. No one made the guy leave the line. Some people that I told this story to don't agree. I don't understand why when you wait in DIFFERENT LINES for a reason. I also feel it's different like if you are let's say at Walgreens and they say "next in line" to the other line, that's different, because those people are waiting in line, but I wasn't in line and this wasn't a store where they have such close lines. This was SEPARATE LINES for each cashier that was majorly separated unlike places like Walgreens. If you disagree WHY? WHY do you feel that anyone MAKES you leave the line and that once you leave the line you automatically get your space back when in the REAL WORLD it doesn't work like that, huh?
I also hate when customers leave the line to go get something they forgot. If the person in front of me if they didn't start getting their stuff scanned, I go right in front of them, period if they leave the line. Once you leave the line, you lose your spot, PERIOD!! That stuff doesn't hold your spot and it's NOT yours until you pay for it. Even if you had let's say a jacket in your buggy, that's not holding your spot, YOU have to hold your spot or SOMEONE ELSE holds your spot that you know. If you are one of these people that are IRRESPONSIBLE you either not leave the line completely to get your forgotten item or get it next time or check out what you do have, then go back to another shorter line(like 10 items or less) to check out that item. To leave the line, you lose your spot and you shouldn't get it back, PERIOD. WHY do people feel their cart holds their spot?

Why do people choose to block the entire lane of traffic in a parking lot(I HAVE NEVER AND WILL NEVER DO THAT) when the person is NOT even in their vehicle yet? I mean can't people be CONSIDERATE? I have been blocked before when I was getting ready to go home (back and front). I even had to honk on someone to move so I could back out. I mean what is wrong with INCONSIDERATE ******** out there? WHY can't you think of OTHERS? Do you want someone to block YOU? I doubt you like it, don't do it to someone else. It's inconsiderate and not nice. The only time I wait for a space is if the person is literally BACKING UP WITH THEIR BACK UP LIGHTS ON. If they aren't even in their car, I do NOT just sit and block a lane. WHY are people so selfish and RUDE in this world, huh? At least 3 times or so I was literally BLOCKED from the back and front that I had to wait for this person to get "THEIR SPOT" instead of just letting me by, because I have shopping too. I don't want your damn spot, I just want to either leave or just get down the aisle. People are JERKS that do this. WHY you people that do this think it's nice and then when someone does it to you, do you like it? It's not fun so why do it to someone else, especially people like me that couldn't FATHOM*** doing that to another human being?

Advertisement

Last edited by momof3boys1girl; 03-19-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: language
Old 03-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:
I recommend some breathing exercises.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
Springs1
Banned

Re: Waiting in Line at a Store(Leaving a Line) & Parking Spaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
So you have no opinions at all?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danner

Pick your battles. Is it really worth it?

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
kwhite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had to stop reading this ginormous rant but I did get to the part about the cashier calling the male customer over from the line he had already been waiting in.

I worked in retail and we were always told that when we open up our register to take the next person (or next few, depending on the line size) waiting in the line that had already formed since they had been waiting the longest out of any one in line (other than the customer getting rung out), NOT the next person that walks up and decides its time to check out. This is pretty standard practice and not rude in the slightest.

In other words, he had already spent time waiting in line, you had to wait your turn too

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum...typos included, free of charge
Old 03-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
Springs1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhite View Post
I worked in retail and we were always told that when we open up our register to take the next person (or next few, depending on the line size) waiting in the line that had already formed since they had been waiting the longest out of any one in line (other than the customer getting rung out), NOT the next person that walks up and decides its time to check out. This is pretty standard practice and not rude in the slightest.

In other words, he had already spent time waiting in line, you had to wait your turn too
But he was in ********ANOTHER LINE*************, so it doesn't matter. NO ONE MADE HIM MOVE TO THAT LINE!!

IT (*IS*) VERY MUCH RUDE, because you don't have to be in a line to get into a line. This is COMMON SENSE!!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

You should probably edit your post so there aren't any curse words, mama.

My opinion is that those issues, while often frustrating, aren't really that impoortant together too bent out of shape about. Although, I don't ever recall anyone asking me if they can cut. Maybe I just have a "don't ask" face?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
Springs1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhite View Post

Also, once you leave a line, that's it, you aren't in line anymore, PERIOD!! You LOST THE SPOT YOU HAD WHICH WAS WORSE obviously or about the same by the time he came to the line I was in.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #9
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
Wowza, I simply can't imagine being this upset about lines and/or "cutting". There are so many terribly sad things and true injustices in the world. Maybe you would feel better if you just de-stressed a bit. In the end, you are really only hurting your own body by getting so upset about this. These people probably don't even remember you or the incident.
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
Old 03-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #10
Springs1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildasMum View Post
You should probably edit your post so there aren't any curse words, mama.

My opinion is that those issues, while often frustrating, aren't really that impoortant together too bent out of shape about. Although, I don't ever recall anyone asking me if they can cut. Maybe I just have a "don't ask" face?
There are none. He called me a *****. That's not a curse word. They even say that on tv like it's nothing today and been doing that for many years. The word hell isn't a curse word either.
Closed Thread

Tags
*********chill*********, *******its not fair******, choice, cray cray, crazy loon, cutting, drama, duuuuuhhhh, fairness, funny, lame, lines, morality confusion, omgz caps lock stuck, parking spaces, stealing, tipping, troll, trolly mctrollerson, trolly troll troll