Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #21
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Waiting in Line at a Store(Leaving a Line) & Parking Spaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
NOPE, that's not how the it works. It's not common courtesy. It's called what's being fair or not. NO ONE MADE HIM LEAVE THE LINE.

I didn't jump ahead of him, I made it there before him.
Nope you were wrong sorry. The cashier called him so he was next. You were the rude one in that situation. Take a deep breath & let it all go.

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #22
Springs1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhite View Post
You said the cashier called him over, so she asked him to leave the line. In my store, you would have been helped after him and you were in the wrong. You would have been reminded that he was called over.
NO, that's not how the REAL WORLD WORKS. THAT'S ********CUTTING**********, because he ********LEFT THE LINE***********!! YOU LEAVE A LINE YOU LOSE YOUR SPOT FOR WHATEVER REASON!

If you would have done that, I would have stayed there and called a manager over for your RUDENESS. You would have lost my business PERMANENTLY OVER THAT!!

This was a guy cashier/clerk. He didn't ask, he motioned him over if he chose to go, which he did. HE LEFT A LINE. TOO BAD, TOO SAD IF YOU LEAVE THE LINE AND NOT IN LINE ANYMORE. YOU DON'T GET TO KEEP YOUR SPOT!!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
I recommend some breathing exercises.
Agreed.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #24
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Actually, since the cashier motioned to him, OP, you were in the wrong, IMO. Also, while I get that you don't HAVE to be generous and let a person cut in front if you when they have just one or two things and you have a bunch, it is polite and generous. Similarly, if a person leaves a line without saying anything, yeah I get they left the line. But if they say excuse me, I forgot a cart, I will be right back... Again, while you are not obligated, the generous thing to do is let them back in.

I get being irritated by rude people, so maybe it's the way I am reading it, or maybe you are having a bad day, but the tone of this rant strikes me as uptight and ungenerous to others. Try relaxing a bit and letting it go. After all, while you being self righteous may give others a few bad minutes, over time, you are the one who will have spent way too much time bent out of shape over things that - overall - don't matter. Unless you are late to pick up a kid, then do the extra three minutes you spent being kind really cost you that much?

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #25
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know. I'm the push over that usually lets people go ahead of me. Even when they don't ask if they only have a few items and I have a big cart full.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #26
Springs1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFORME101 View Post
Nope you were wrong sorry. The cashier called him so he was next. You were the rude one in that situation. Take a deep breath & let it all go.

NO, sorry, YOU ARE WRONG!!

He was NOT NEXT, because he wasn't *************IN LINE ANYMORE**********DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

The cashier/clerk was RUDE, because I made it to the line first just as if we had both not been in line, same difference. NO ONE MADE HIM LEAVE THE LINE. I have REFUSED to leave lines before at Walmart because of some cashiers that I hated that use to give me problems with the competitor's ads that would question each one with a CSM. I REFUSED TO MOVE. NO ONE MADE THE GUY MOVE BUT HIMSELF!!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #27
ralenth
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieism View Post
Actually, since the cashier motioned to him, OP, you were in the wrong, IMO. Also, while I get that you don't HAVE to be generous and let a person cut in front if you when they have just one or two things and you have a bunch, it is polite and generous. Similarly, if a person leaves a line without saying anything, yeah I get they left the line. But if they say excuse me, I forgot a cart, I will be right back... Again, while you are not obligated, the generous thing to do is let them back in.

I get being irritated by rude people, so maybe it's the way I am reading it, or maybe you are having a bad day, but the tone of this rant strikes me as uptight and ungenerous to others. Try relaxing a bit and letting it go. After all, while you being self righteous may give others a few bad minutes, over time, you are the one who will have spent way too much time bent out of shape over things that - overall - don't matter. Unless you are late to pick up a kid, then do the extra three minutes you spent being kind really cost you that much?

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
This. And whatever happened to treating others as you would want to be treated? It's something I try to impart upon my kids, and yet, out in the real world its so rarely seen these days.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #28
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

The world is out you get you, clearly.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #29
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

I cannot believe I read that whole thing, I kept reading thinking something truly bad had happened but I guess not. I worked in retail mgt for years and when a new line is opened it is FOR the benefit of customers already waiting in line, I happen to think that what you did/said was fairly rude. If I had been the cashier I might not have said anything to you but I would have apologized to the customer I called over(implying that he was next in line) for your rudeness and line cutting.

As for the people asking if they could cut, meh it's not a big deal. I've never been asked but that's not something worth getting so upset about.

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #30
kwhite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1

NO, that's not how the REAL WORLD WORKS. THAT'S ********CUTTING**********, because he ********LEFT THE LINE***********!! YOU LEAVE A LINE YOU LOSE YOUR SPOT FOR WHATEVER REASON!

If you would have done that, I would have stayed there and called a manager over for your RUDENESS. You would have lost my business PERMANENTLY OVER THAT!!

This was a guy cashier/clerk. He didn't ask, he motioned him over if he chose to go, which he did. HE LEFT A LINE. TOO BAD, TOO SAD IF YOU LEAVE THE LINE AND NOT IN LINE ANYMORE. YOU DON'T GET TO KEEP YOUR SPOT!!
Well, maybe that's how it works in elementary school, but not in the adult world. You don't get to dictate the rules in businesses you don't own.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum...typos included, free of charge
Closed Thread

Tags
*********chill*********, *******its not fair******, choice, cray cray, crazy loon, cutting, drama, duuuuuhhhh, fairness, funny, lame, lines, morality confusion, omgz caps lock stuck, parking spaces, stealing, tipping, troll, trolly mctrollerson, trolly troll troll