Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #21
Rockinmama24
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,254
My Mood:
Re: Waiting in Line at a Store(Leaving a Line) & Parking Spaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
NOPE, that's not how the it works. It's not common courtesy. It's called what's being fair or not. NO ONE MADE HIM LEAVE THE LINE.

I didn't jump ahead of him, I made it there before him.
Nope you were wrong sorry. The cashier called him so he was next. You were the rude one in that situation. Take a deep breath & let it all go.

Advertisement

__________________
Shop Moms Milk Boutique for free shipping to the US. Use code MMB10 to get 10% off of your first order of $75 or more.
Come swag with me & earn gift cards or paypal!!
Rockinmama24 is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #22
Springs1
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 154
Re: Waiting in Line at a Store(Leaving a Line) & Parking Spaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhite View Post
You said the cashier called him over, so she asked him to leave the line. In my store, you would have been helped after him and you were in the wrong. You would have been reminded that he was called over.
NO, that's not how the REAL WORLD WORKS. THAT'S ********CUTTING**********, because he ********LEFT THE LINE***********!! YOU LEAVE A LINE YOU LOSE YOUR SPOT FOR WHATEVER REASON!

If you would have done that, I would have stayed there and called a manager over for your RUDENESS. You would have lost my business PERMANENTLY OVER THAT!!

This was a guy cashier/clerk. He didn't ask, he motioned him over if he chose to go, which he did. HE LEFT A LINE. TOO BAD, TOO SAD IF YOU LEAVE THE LINE AND NOT IN LINE ANYMORE. YOU DON'T GET TO KEEP YOUR SPOT!!
Springs1 is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
Almacham
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Slytherin House
Posts: 15,946
My Mood:
Re: Waiting in Line at a Store(Leaving a Line) & Parking Spaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
I recommend some breathing exercises.
Agreed.
Almacham is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #24
jamieism's Avatar
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Princeton NJ
Posts: 3,516
My Mood:
Actually, since the cashier motioned to him, OP, you were in the wrong, IMO. Also, while I get that you don't HAVE to be generous and let a person cut in front if you when they have just one or two things and you have a bunch, it is polite and generous. Similarly, if a person leaves a line without saying anything, yeah I get they left the line. But if they say excuse me, I forgot a cart, I will be right back... Again, while you are not obligated, the generous thing to do is let them back in.

I get being irritated by rude people, so maybe it's the way I am reading it, or maybe you are having a bad day, but the tone of this rant strikes me as uptight and ungenerous to others. Try relaxing a bit and letting it go. After all, while you being self righteous may give others a few bad minutes, over time, you are the one who will have spent way too much time bent out of shape over things that - overall - don't matter. Unless you are late to pick up a kid, then do the extra three minutes you spent being kind really cost you that much?

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
__________________
Jamie, anthropologist mom to O (12-18-99), E (12-30-04) and R (4-22-10) Married to my best friend .
jamieism is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #25
kocho's Avatar
kocho
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 11,763
My Mood:
Re: Waiting in Line at a Store(Leaving a Line) & Parking Spaces

I don't know. I'm the push over that usually lets people go ahead of me. Even when they don't ask if they only have a few items and I have a big cart full.
__________________
I am a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor!!

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #26
Springs1
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 154
Re: Waiting in Line at a Store(Leaving a Line) & Parking Spaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFORME101 View Post
Nope you were wrong sorry. The cashier called him so he was next. You were the rude one in that situation. Take a deep breath & let it all go.

NO, sorry, YOU ARE WRONG!!

He was NOT NEXT, because he wasn't *************IN LINE ANYMORE**********DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

The cashier/clerk was RUDE, because I made it to the line first just as if we had both not been in line, same difference. NO ONE MADE HIM LEAVE THE LINE. I have REFUSED to leave lines before at Walmart because of some cashiers that I hated that use to give me problems with the competitor's ads that would question each one with a CSM. I REFUSED TO MOVE. NO ONE MADE THE GUY MOVE BUT HIMSELF!!
Springs1 is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #27
ralenth's Avatar
ralenth
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,385
Re: Waiting in Line at a Store(Leaving a Line) & Parking Spaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieism View Post
Actually, since the cashier motioned to him, OP, you were in the wrong, IMO. Also, while I get that you don't HAVE to be generous and let a person cut in front if you when they have just one or two things and you have a bunch, it is polite and generous. Similarly, if a person leaves a line without saying anything, yeah I get they left the line. But if they say excuse me, I forgot a cart, I will be right back... Again, while you are not obligated, the generous thing to do is let them back in.

I get being irritated by rude people, so maybe it's the way I am reading it, or maybe you are having a bad day, but the tone of this rant strikes me as uptight and ungenerous to others. Try relaxing a bit and letting it go. After all, while you being self righteous may give others a few bad minutes, over time, you are the one who will have spent way too much time bent out of shape over things that - overall - don't matter. Unless you are late to pick up a kid, then do the extra three minutes you spent being kind really cost you that much?

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
This. And whatever happened to treating others as you would want to be treated? It's something I try to impart upon my kids, and yet, out in the real world its so rarely seen these days.
ralenth is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #28
MatildasMum
Registered
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 23,896
My Mood:
Re: Waiting in Line at a Store(Leaving a Line) & Parking Spaces

The world is out you get you, clearly.
MatildasMum is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #29
kaia.aline's Avatar
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,612
I cannot believe I read that whole thing, I kept reading thinking something truly bad had happened but I guess not. I worked in retail mgt for years and when a new line is opened it is FOR the benefit of customers already waiting in line, I happen to think that what you did/said was fairly rude. If I had been the cashier I might not have said anything to you but I would have apologized to the customer I called over(implying that he was next in line) for your rudeness and line cutting.

As for the people asking if they could cut, meh it's not a big deal. I've never been asked but that's not something worth getting so upset about.
__________________
after waiting so long my baby girl Terra Lynn was born august 2 2012!

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline  
Old 03-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #30
kwhite's Avatar
kwhite
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 332
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1

NO, that's not how the REAL WORLD WORKS. THAT'S ********CUTTING**********, because he ********LEFT THE LINE***********!! YOU LEAVE A LINE YOU LOSE YOUR SPOT FOR WHATEVER REASON!

If you would have done that, I would have stayed there and called a manager over for your RUDENESS. You would have lost my business PERMANENTLY OVER THAT!!

This was a guy cashier/clerk. He didn't ask, he motioned him over if he chose to go, which he did. HE LEFT A LINE. TOO BAD, TOO SAD IF YOU LEAVE THE LINE AND NOT IN LINE ANYMORE. YOU DON'T GET TO KEEP YOUR SPOT!!
Well, maybe that's how it works in elementary school, but not in the adult world. You don't get to dictate the rules in businesses you don't own.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum...typos included, free of charge
kwhite is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
*********chill*********, *******its not fair******, choice, cray cray, crazy loon, cutting, drama, duuuuuhhhh, fairness, funny, lame, lines, morality confusion, omgz caps lock stuck, parking spaces, stealing, tipping, troll, trolly mctrollerson, trolly troll troll

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.