Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Co-sleeping with a soon to be crawler

My DD is 6 months and starting to crawl. We have co-slept since 3 weeks. She used to stay in one spot all night long but now she is starting to roll in her sleep and when she wakes up in the middle of the night she tries to crawl towards the edge of the bed. I would like to get some sort of bed rail system but what works the best? We would need something for both sides of the bed. I read you can just put a rolled up blanket under the fitted sheet for rolling but I need something that will prevent her from falling off from crawling too. She is also a quick roller, last night she almost rolled off and if I hadn't of been quick at waking up and realizing what was happening she probably would have.

So basically, recommend your bed rails or whatever system you have. We have a small bedroom (10x11) and a queen bed so something that isn't bulky would be nice. Thanks

Married to an amazing husband, E [4.25.2009], SAHM to A [8.31.11]
We are a cd'ing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, anti-vaxxing, organic eating family!
amykins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
My Mood:
A bed rail will keep her from falling while rolling but if she is crawling she will soon be pulling up and the only thing to stop her is you waking up. You could out your mattress on the floor so she will just slide off and not fall. You can also shove your bed into the corner so she has to go to the end or over you to get off.
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
We have this bed rail on one side of our bed.[/url] Like PP said, it works great to keep her from falling off, but she loves to pull up on it to stand. She never does this in the middle of the night though, only during the day if she's playing on the bed and I'm right there. It's something to watch for.
Single mama to my sweet D. Taking life one day at a time.
joyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
Registered Users
We just put our mattress on the floor last night. DD is learning to crawl and one morning I woke up with her teetering on the end of the bed! We actually discovered that our mattress is even more comfy without the box springs under it! DH and I slept better than we have in months
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
Free Thinker
Registered Users
Re: Co-sleeping with a soon to be crawler

If DD is in our bed, she's between the two of us. About a month ago she got just entirely too mobile and would kick us allnight long, so now she's on a twin matress on the floor, right beside our bed. When she wakes I just sort of roll out of bed and into her little matress a step away. I usually fall asleep there. If I wake up, I can get back into bed. Some nights she wakes several times, others she just wakes once or twice. It works for us! All of my kids have pretty much went to a matress on our floor by around a year old or so. If they do roll off they won't get hurt, but it's still easy to sleep by baby all night if you choose.
Busy Mama to 5 Great Kids
Free Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #6
Registered Users
We just put our bed against the wall on one side,lined the wall with pillows, and put baby therewith me next to her
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote