Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #21
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:
Re: BIG babies

I have big babies too. With DD it was easy to dress her- rompers and Hanna playdreses- no need for pants. With DS, i do more squeezing him into things. The sizes go so quickly though...

Advertisement

Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #22
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OP- I wanna see a recent pic of some cute chub

My girls have both been small
Old 03-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #23
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 dc and all have had their own growth curve. Dd1 started out bigger but then gradually started leaning towards the smaller side and is now like, 10% for height and 25% for weight at 6.5.

Dd2 has always been long and lean, hugging the bottom curves for weight and slightly above for height.

Then ds came, lol. He is 14lbs or so at 3 months old which I realize is small for "bigger sized" babies. Outgrew his small fb a couple weeks ago, the same ones htat lasted dd2 nearly until her 1st bday. His 0-3 mo clothes were barely worn and somehow that has worked out well with this weird weather we have. He too has super chubby cheeks that I just love. Dd1 used to have them too, and now I miss them.

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #24
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS was 35 pound by 14 months, and stayed 35 pounds until he was almost 3.

DD is 9 months and 25lbs 4oz. Not quite as big as your DD but she's pretty huge. She is in 18-24 month clothing.

The very best pants for chunkers are the Zutano Cozie Sherpa Fleece pants. They are cotton and have lots of room for a big cloth diaper booty. They are well worth the cost; DS had two pairs that DD now wears. We don't have many pants that fit so these get worn A LOT and they still look great. Here is DD wearing them right now:
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #25
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Weird DP
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #26
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I find that Hanna Andersson is best for big babies, except for their 2 piece kids long johns (they have a tiny waist, don't waste your $$). DS is also allergic to polyester & needs 100% cotton clothing. I stick with Hanna (call the outlets & have it shipped to you for some great deals), Baby Gap overalls & Old Navy pj's and 77 Kids. Two of my 4 are super sized. My 2 year old and my 12 year old. We've actually been seeing a geneticist to see if there may be a genetic condition (Marfan syndrome, they are still watching my dd to find out) making them so tall since I'm 5'6 and so is DH.

My middle dd is 12. She was born at 33 weeks at 5'8 and 19 inches. She was 30 lbs & 36 inches at 12 months, 40 lbs & 40 inches at 24 months, 44 lbs & 44 inches at 36 months. Back then they didn't have extended rear facing car seats & all 5 pt harness seats only went to 40 lbs so she was in a booster at 24 months. I even called Britax for help & they said they've never recommended a booster to a 24 month old before but that was the only safe option. While she did finally thin out around 3-4 years old at that rate of growth, she is 5'11 & 120 now at 12 years old (she wears a size 11 women's shoe) and the drs said she's still growing & will probably reach 6'. She's always wanted to model so hey, she certainly is tall & thin enough. The biggest thing is growing fast is expensive! All her shoes have to be special order so no sales there & she wears a long length jean so not all brands carry that. And it's hard, too now that she is 12 but built like a swimsuit model (she developed sooner than her friends and has twice the chest I do). Boys think she's 18/19. Ugh!

DS is a big guy, too. He's 26 months, wears a size 4 & 5 clothing and diapers are impossible to find to fit him. He has a 24 inch waist and 15 inch thighs. He out grew one size diapers around 12-18 months (some as early as 12 months & all by 18-20 months).

He only fits in XL Sbish fitteds, Motherease Toddlease fitteds, Flip trainers, Disana size 4/5 wool covers and XL Bummis super snap wrap, though they are getting tight. Happy Hineys are nice since they have a high rise but they have a smaller waist so they didn't last long for ds either. We are always on the hunt for XXL covers that are large enough for him (snap only). When my 12 year old was in diapers, there were quite a few options for super sized babies since almost all companies made sized diapers but now that it's so much "one size" very few companies sell XL & almost never sell XXL. Women wouldn't wear one size fits all undies or bras, why only make one size fits all diapers?

Last edited by ssand23; 03-21-2012 at 06:58 PM.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #27
PurpleDaffodil
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My friend is around 5'11 and super skinny, her husband is slim at well and 6 something. They have HUGE kids. Both of their children are so big I believe most of their clothes were made for them.
PurpleDaffodil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #28
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My second child was 22 lbs by 8 months and about 30 pounds at a year old. He is five and wearing a size seven extra slim, so he is tall and skinny.

My nephew is twenty five founds at eight months. He is wearing a 2t/3t. I tell my sister not to worry because my son is just fine. He was also exclusively breastfed and didn't take solids until about 11 months. My son stayed in a 3t until he was actually 3 and moved on to a four. He has always been a size ahead, but mostly because of height. We have very tall kids who are way off the charts. I know what you mean about the baby clothes. Mine wore 0-3 months for about two weeks, 3-6 for a week or two and 6-9 months for maybe a month and skipped 12 month altogether.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #29
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
My 8 month old is 28 inches and 22 pounds. He's definitely tall, but he's not a chunker. His arms have muscular definition, seriously. Not sure where this is headed, but his namesake, my uncle, was 6'7, so who knows.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #30
Masonsmommy06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS was 25lbs at 5 months and over 30lbs at 1 year. He slowed down and is now 6 and 55lbs and 48 inches
Ashley~Wife to Martin~Mom to~Mason Karl 2/23/06 & Grace Nevaeh 7/26/07. Furmom to Peri 5-2-10 & Angel 04 & Aunt to Elisabeth Astrid 12/12/06, Stephen Lee 12/18/08, John Drake 12/22/10, Rayne Lyn 5/6/12, Connor Maxwell 7/11/12, Sarah Renee 3-7-13, & Rabecca May 4-20-13
Masonsmommy06 is offline   Reply With Quote