Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

How (and when) are you telling?!?

Just curious what everyone else is doing. I'm telling DH on Valentines day...I'm wrapping up my BFP. Not sure how we're telling everyone else this time, but we'll wait a few weeks for sure. How about you?

If you already told, did you do anything special?

Advertisement

jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How (and when) are you telling?!?

I just told my sister outright and yesterday we went to see DH's parents and younger brothers and sisters and while DH was praying for our meal he inserted "and watch over the new baby". They didn't get it at first, and were kind of in disbelief. We still have a few more people to tell and then I'm thinking my facebook post will be "Our family is growing and I'm officially eating for 3",since I'm pregnant and nursing DD still or something like that. I'm pretty sure that quite a few people aren't going to believe it. I was planning on getting a big sister shirt for DD and waiting til someone noticed it, but I have no patience.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonmartin
I just told my sister outright and yesterday we went to see DH's parents and younger brothers and sisters and while DH was praying for our meal he inserted "and watch over the new baby". They didn't get it at first, and were kind of in disbelief. We still have a few more people to tell and then I'm thinking my facebook post will be "Our family is growing and I'm officially eating for 3",since I'm pregnant and nursing DD still or something like that. I'm pretty sure that quite a few people aren't going to believe it. I was planning on getting a big sister shirt for DD and waiting til someone noticed it, but I have no patience.
I think you going to have to convince people you're not having twins, if you're eating for 3! Lol

I had made a valentines day card for chad with a picture of a man and woman's feet in bed, getting busy and it said "this valentines day...." As the inside was a picture of a dads feet, moms feet, and a new born baby's feet and it read, "we're going to need a bigger bed. At least by October!" It took him a minute. He nodded his head and smiled and then looked at me with wide eyes - are you pregnant?!

My BFF-SIL guessed already, but for the rest of the family and friends I was thinking about having Lily open a book "I'm a Big Sister!" on her birthday in April. Or I'll put her in a shirt that says, "for my birthday, I wish to be... A big sister!" I feel a little guilty since I don't want to take away from her birthday, but she is only turning two.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ya, I figured I'd have to convince them I'm not having twins to, but I like to keep them guessing. Hehe. I might change it if I can come with something more clever than that though.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
youngmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I want to do the picture of everyone's shoes...."Our Family is growing by two feet". Waiting at least another week or two to share with our parents and siblings.
DH helped me squint the past few days so there was really no surprising or telling him :-)
We love cloth diapers , but I am a non-crunchy mommy.#3 due in Oct
youngmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

We're still trying to figure out how to tell family. This will be baby 3 for us, and was a surprise. We're a little worried that people will be like "oh... Bummer." So we've kept it a secret (last two times I told the world the moment I got a bfp). I'd love to do something cute though.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
mamazita
Registered Users

I always thought I would do something cute for dh but after peeing on countless sticks for the last few months I just had ds tell him "baby!" as I was sitting on the toilet last saturday am. He smiled and fell back asleep (I think he was more relieved that he didn't have to go through another month of dealing with me 'trying' lol).

Last edited by mamazita; 02-11-2013 at 08:47 PM.
mamazita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #8
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngmomma View Post
I want to do the picture of everyone's shoes...."Our Family is growing by two feet". Waiting at least another week or two to share with our parents and siblings.
DH helped me squint the past few days so there was really no surprising or telling him :-)
That sounds cute!
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
bigmamahayes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth View Post

I had made a valentines day card for chad with a picture of a man and woman's feet in bed, getting busy and it said "this valentines day...." As the inside was a picture of a dads feet, moms feet, and a new born baby's feet and it read, "we're going to need a bigger bed. At least by October!" It took him a minute. He nodded his head and smiled and then looked at me with wide eyes - are you pregnant?!
Cute! Was that an intentional Jaws reference?
Amy Kay, Air Force vet, Navy wife to Bradrick, mommy to Jocelyn (3/08), Samuel (10/09) and Carolyn (10/11), expecting #4 in October, Jesus loving, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, extended rear facing, epidural loving, bargain hunting, marathon running, full time online student and dancing drama queen. http://www.happyteamhayes.blogspot.com
bigmamahayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #10
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamahayes

Cute! Was that an intentional Jaws reference?
No...? Do tell! Lol

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote