Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #41
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who is working on their newborn diaper stash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
Sheena, I hope you have a girl because those girly dipes are TOO CUTE TO SELL!!! Or maybe I hope that you have a boy and I have a girl and you sell them all to me!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseBella View Post
Too bad we are team green I would love to by some of the ones you sell off. Though I guess if its a girl I could buy some of the boy ones and it won't really matter as much on a girl. My DH has said though that he doesn't care if I put pink on a boy because its underclothes so what does it matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwisniewski2 View Post
Sheena... I want in on the boy diapers

Haha! You ladies are too funny.
Eileen, ITA! I want to cry when I think about selling my girl fluff- I have some even cuter diapers that didn't make their way into the photo. Not to mention my wooly stash and fabric stash. Sigh. :'( Anyway, I REALLY hope someone from our group buys (or trades for) AT LEAST my very favorites (boy or girl) so I can hopefully see pics of a newb wearing them! I've been dreaming of a teeny tiny fluffy bum for soooo long!! :P

FTR, DH is totally fine with me using pink on a boy too. In fact, he would rather I just use my girly stash than try to sell or trade it for more boy stuff- he thinks it's wasteful (which, I guess it is). I'm the one with the hang-ups in that department. I'm not HUGELY picky about pink (obviously with 3 girls I have an abundance of it and the baby will just have to deal!) but for some reason I just couldn't do diapers. Maybe because after 3 girls I am more than ready for dino and robot prints!! :P Lol!

ANYway, now that I have written an entire book- COMPLETELY hijacking this thread, I'll stop there.

Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #42
USNwifey03
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am totally new to the site and to cloth diapering. This thread makes me feel like I am totally behind. I am expecting twin girls, that could easily be premises and I don't know where to begin. What works best for when they are just born? What are some good sites to shop at for new or used? Any and all info is welcome. If I should post this somewhere else please let me know.
Jessie
USNwifey03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #43
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNwifey03 View Post
I am totally new to the site and to cloth diapering. This thread makes me feel like I am totally behind. I am expecting twin girls, that could easily be premises and I don't know where to begin. What works best for when they are just born? What are some good sites to shop at for new or used? Any and all info is welcome. If I should post this somewhere else please let me know.
Jessie
I would probably do prefolds and covers for newborn twins. Prefolds wash easy and are easy to use. A few manufactures offer true preemie sizes covers and I personally find bummis super brites and super lites to fit pretty small (at least int he newborn size). Bummis makes a kit that comes with 2 newborn superbrite covers and a dozen preemie sized organic cotton prefolds for about $40.00.

Some all in one diapers claim to fit babies at 6 lbs. Rumparooz Lil joeys are one of them as well as bummis tiny fits. I personally liked all in ones (aio's) for over night and the diaper bag.

Great places to shop are here on FSOT , momsmilkboutique.com, sewcraftybaby.com, Abbyslane.com There are a ton more sites but I really hate paying shipping and these ones offer free shipping! Mom's milk boutique has a $25 minnimum for free shipping but they ship super fast and their customer service rocks!

Congrats on your twin girls!
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #44
USNwifey03
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra76 View Post
I would probably do prefolds and covers for newborn twins. Prefolds wash easy and are easy to use. A few manufactures offer true preemie sizes covers and I personally find bummis super brites and super lites to fit pretty small (at least int he newborn size). Bummis makes a kit that comes with 2 newborn superbrite covers and a dozen preemie sized organic cotton prefolds for about $40.00.

Some all in one diapers claim to fit babies at 6 lbs. Rumparooz Lil joeys are one of them as well as bummis tiny fits. I personally liked all in ones (aio's) for over night and the diaper bag.

Great places to shop are here on FSOT , momsmilkboutique.com, sewcraftybaby.com, Abbyslane.com There are a ton more sites but I really hate paying shipping and these ones offer free shipping! Mom's milk boutique has a $25 minnimum for free shipping but they ship super fast and their customer service rocks!

Thanks! I will check that out. I am really excited to get info and get started on my stash.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #45
USNwifey03
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:

Thanks! I will check that out. I am really excited to get info and get started on my stash.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #46
dannic
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNwifey03 View Post
And there is also kissed by the moon. There are times when I am making bigger orders and I like nickisdiapers alot, as well...an if there is a coupon code at kellyscloset that I want in on, well, there's that, too. LOL.
IF I were having twins, I would totally go the pf/cover route and then maybe fitteds or pockets/aios for nighttime? I've heard little joeys should actually be described as 4-10 lb dipes...hth!
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #47
dannic
Registered Users

Quote:
So my stash changed a bit I think

I have so far

2 dozen orange edge (a friend is gifting me another dozen)
10 tots bots tiny fit
1 swaddlebees newborn simplex
4 stretch bamboozle size 1
3 thirsties duo fab fitteds
2 newborn made by me fitteds
5 super lite covers
3 super whisper wraps
2 super brites
2 swaddlebee capri size 1 covers
1 thirsties duo wrap size 1 cover

I feel like I am on diaper overload Do i have to much? I am still making some fitteds yet and would love a couple more swaddlebees newborn simplex
Nice! I wish I could get more aio's (I have 6) but I need to quit buying nb stuff and move on to os to buff up my toddler's stash for two...so I am only buying one more super lite and duo wrap 1. I am getting 4 more me simplex.2.0's and 6 more bg4.0s.
This is what I have for a larger nb...
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1383579

Quote:
Originally Posted by peasout View Post
Hi All! I'm new here, obviously, and due in Oct! We CD for DS1, but not until 3 mos, so I am excited to see all the NB fluff! I want to cd from the start, and I have 1 dz BGXS on order. Other than that I am clueless! All your dipes are sooo cute!
Welcome! I love pf.covers for the first few mos!

Anyone added recently???

Last edited by dannic; 06-14-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #48
NurseJessie
Registered Users
seller

One of my mama friends have me her newborn stash! They were all prefolds and covers that she made and they are in well loved condition but I'm so excited to try them!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #49
dannic
Registered Users

That's so nice. That's primarily what I use...too bad I don't know anyone IRL who CD's ...
Old 06-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #50
MKB
Registered Users
seller

I started building my newborn stash while TTC, which is a problem because I keep changing my mind and I'm already de-stashing and re-stashing before this little one is even here.
MKB is offline   Reply With Quote