Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
Registered Users
I have some GMD's and love them! I also have some "play" prefolds that are a mix of random brands that I bought used and were in relatively crappy condition with stains and some holes just so I could dye them and mess them up and not be sad. I love prefolds!

babychase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #12
Active Contributor
Formerly: boyfarm3
My Mood:
Re: Tell me about prefolds, so I can order some.

Originally Posted by misty316 View Post
I like the idea of trim but I would be afraid of leaks. Any certain brand??
No, but they are DSQ that I bought used from a local diaper service. I also have a few unbleached Osocozy pfs. I can't speak for other covers, but I have not had leaks with any of my Thirsties covers, either sized or duo wraps. I did have some leaks a couple of weeks ago and thought I might need to size up to premiums, but I stripped my diapers and they stopped, so I think my stay-dry sleeves had just picked up enough fabric softener from the inside of the dryer to start repelling a little bit.
Grateful mama to one Jedi (2001), one Hobbit (2004), one crooner (2010), and one rebel (2013).
made4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

Regular bleaching does have the potential to weaken and cause yellowing on natural fibers like cotton. You may want to consider switching to a non-chlorine bleach like oxyclean or even squirting plain old hydorgen peroxide into the wash.
Mama to DS 2.23.09 and DD 7.22.14
ursaminor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:13 AM   #14
Registered Users

I really liked the GMD's I have. I also have some Diaper Rites, but they don't seem as absorbant as the GMD's.
Sarah+Adam since 2005.
Catholic mama to baby J in heaven (6/06), A(6/07), and A(5/10), baby B in heaven (9/12), and due with another A in 9/13
Swagbucks! YYMN tester slots
mandasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #15
Registered Users
Is your baby slim or chunky? We like GMD's, and you would need either a red edge medium or a brown edge large although I would thinks maybe a brown with that rise. If your baby is slim, the reds might work great- if chunkier, definitely browns. Chunky babies "eat up" some of the rise around the thighs, if that makes sense, and also need more widtg. If you are only trifolding I would recc the reds.

Look at the sizing pics and dimensions , and maybe order a couple of samples to try.

Last edited by mamaspice; 04-04-2012 at 09:56 PM.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote