Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Expecting our 6th baby, will be a c-section again

I am now 12 wks with #6. This will be my 6th c-section.
I have my moments of nervousness and scared something bad will happen.
I know I have a long time to go and I want to enjoy this as it will be our very last baby.
But something keeps making me worry. I did that with my 5th also. I know its because I have had a lot of babies this way and I hate having c-sections. And for the most part I guess I am ok.
I had specifically asked my OB last time after the birth what he thought about another baby and he said he saw no reason why I couldn't have another. I know had he said otherwise I wouldn't have planned this baby. Right now I am still with my family dr so I haven't gone back to see the OB yet but I keep thinking maybe I should just tell the dr I want my referral now since i have had 6 surgeries but why. Everything seems to be going fine now. i did have some spotting at the beginning but I am doing well other than sick all the time.
My dh tells me not to read stories online because you only see the bad ones and the ones that go terribly wrong, not the ones that all work fine, which there are more of.
So I don't know why I am posting. Just to get it out I guess

Advertisement

http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
boogamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Expecting our 6th baby, will be a c-section again

Last edited by boogamama; 07-13-2012 at 10:17 AM.
boogamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

((hugs))...

you know that verse in the Bible that speaks about holding every thought captive? that's the one I would repeat to myself when I started getting nervous about baby #4's c-section. it helped me to stop letting my thoughts go down "that" path...

print out a couple other verses that mean a lot to you and tape them to your cupboards or other places you will see them often (ones that spoke against fear and spoke about peace, helped me).

it's good to vent. i don't think husbands quite "get" it when it comes to this stuff and so make this be your sounding wall. Many of us understand or can at least empathize.

Oh and don't you start seeing an ob at 12 weeks? That's when my first ob appts. are usually for (at 12 weeks)...
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
((hugs))...

you know that verse in the Bible that speaks about holding every thought captive? that's the one I would repeat to myself when I started getting nervous about baby #4's c-section. it helped me to stop letting my thoughts go down "that" path...

print out a couple other verses that mean a lot to you and tape them to your cupboards or other places you will see them often (ones that spoke against fear and spoke about peace, helped me).

it's good to vent. i don't think husbands quite "get" it when it comes to this stuff and so make this be your sounding wall. Many of us understand or can at least empathize.

Oh and don't you start seeing an ob at 12 weeks? That's when my first ob appts. are usually for (at 12 weeks)...
It depends on the area. My dr seems to draw it out forever and my last pregnancy I think I was 32 wks before I saw my OB!
I won't let him push it that long though because of my concerns and the fact that the OB is more concentrated on pregnancies where my family dr isn't. I do like doing the family dr because I never have to wait where with the OB there were times I would wait an hour and with a 2 yr old that isn't fun.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 kiddos, 2 were c-sections. We want a big family too if we are blessed with one.

My first c-section was due to medical complications with my baby. The c-section was to give him the best possible chance, and I NEVER regret agreeing to it.

When I was hoping for a VBAC with baby #3, my high-risk OBGYN and I had a conversation about quite a few things where she sat down and told me straight out the risks of having multiple c-sections. Basically, she didn't have much to say. SHe told me that as long as I was healthy, there was no reason why I couldn't have 6 c-sections, possibly more. She said that one of the problems with c-section statistics is that the poor outcomes for women with serious health problems (where the mother's poor health was the reason for the c-section) make it look riskier for those of us who do not have other health issues.

I have also heard that it is good to ask your OBGYN at the time of your c-section how bad your scar tissue is....and if they think you could have another baby with minimal complications. From what I understnd, the main risk of repeat c-sections has to do with how much scar tissue you have. If you have lots (from many c-sections or not), it makes it difficult for them to see what they are doing whent hey cut through you to get to your uterus. If your OBGYN already gave you a green light to have another baby, then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Sure...multiple repeat c-sections can be risky...but honestly, having a baby ANY way can be risky. Driving a car can be risky too. There was a guy who lives on my street that died yesterday in a car accident. He was 22. You just never know.

Congrats on baby #6 Try to relax and enjoy this baby!!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
TamberlyRN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've had 4 c/s. The first was a classical incision. At my last c/s, they said the scar tissue wasn't bad but my uterus was thin, though likely bc I had been contracting for a week. We're trying to decide if we should have another or not...
Old 08-19-2012, 03:53 AM   #7
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My doctor said as long as I continue getting pregnant she will continue to find a way to get the baby out that said for my health and to prevent the risk to my other children I will be stopping at this one my 3rd C -section.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
Yellow Jewel
Registered Users
seller

Congrats! 6-7 little ones is my DH's dream & currently we are PG with #4 and will have another c/s. I'm nervouse based on my experience with the 3rd one, but I'm excited to know that someone wonderful (that's you!) is heading for baby 6 via c/s. That gives me hope and I will be thinking of you and baby that all will be well throughout.

Thanks happymama for mentioning the risks depends on the person as that puts me at ease too. I'm 100% healthy outside of pregnancy, but once pregnant in the 2nd trimester my body begins acting out which causes me to be high risk with each one. I know I do what I can to be as healthy for baby and me so that I can continue to bless my family.
I always ask during a c/s if I can still have more babies. Its great that the answer so far has been yes.
Yellow Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #9
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am 18 wks now and everything is going well. Gigantic and tired, still sick a lot but overall well.
I go through moments of paranoia. I absolutely hate the spinal. I hate it. I had spinal headaches with #3 so they are super careful about sitting me up too soon, which is what happened then but the whole needle in my back terrifies me.
I told my dh a couple of weeks ago I think I am more nervous this time about the pain. Last time it was bad, right afterwards and then I got to rest a lot thanks to dh but when he had to go back to work I had more pain. I am a big baby and the pain scares me.
I know this will be our last baby because I promised dh so this will be the last time I endure that pain