Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #21
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wasn't required with all 3 of mine, but they did want me to pass gas. They listened to make sure my bowels were moving before releasing me. I don't remember with my first 2 but with my last it was about a week and it was about a weeks worth... :/ They did give me stool softener daily and I started taking MOM when I got home 4 days after delivery. (I had breathing issues due to diff anesthesia meds.) If you pinch your nose and don't breath until you have swallowed it isn't as bad.

Autocorrect has helped me type this.

Advertisement

I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #22
lauras3pumpkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: constipation and c sections

Miralax worked wonders for me with 4 of 5 c-sections. I took it after I came home. With my 4th c-section they gave me a suppository and stool softeners and I don't know if it was the combination of those two or something else but I got straight up diarrhea for 2 days in the hospital! Not fun!!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #23
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was only required to pass gas before i started eating..at least with my first. With my 2nd they weren't worried about me passing gas they let me dowhat I want. They listened to my bowels both times though. I was also given stool softeners and ended up going before I left. The first bm is torture IMO.
dncegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #24
tiredwalker
Registered Users

I had a horrid time with my first section (well over a week), but I figured out the miracle cure for the next section. I ate two cans of peaches in heavy syrup for each day I was in the hospital (drank the juice). The third day and all was good.
tiredwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #25
MaryInPinedale
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With all 3 of mine I went a whole week without a BM! They gave me prune juice in the hospital and I was passing gas and taking stool softeners. Continue to take stool softeners at home and when its ready to come out- you will know!
MaryInPinedale is offline   Reply With Quote