Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2012, 05:55 AM   #111
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

Thanks for all the info!! It really has cleared some CD care air for me!!!!

Advertisement

Dani_Phen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:00 AM   #112
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You're very welcome sweetie!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:44 AM   #113
MamaCrunch
Registered Users

Kids were being crazy last night and we were exhausted, we had to get up early today, DH got them ready for bed and ended up putting sposies on them. Blah... I'll try to update tomorrow LOL
MamaCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #114
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Crossing fingers, lol!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 03-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #115
MamaCrunch
Registered Users

Thanks! We went on a long drive today, so I put DD in one of our diapers we usually use for nights (DS threw a FIT about wearing a diaper during the day, but we weren't going to be anywhere near a bathroom and I also knew he would fall asleep... so we caved and compromised with a sposie, which didn't make him happy either, but I was done fighting it! LOL) and got home to see if there was any ammonia stink and..... It was DRY!!!! LOL The little stink held it the whole time!! LOL And then of course I changed her and she let it all out, and pooped... literally less than 2 minutes in the new diaper! LOL
Old 04-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #116
MamaCrunch
Registered Users

Well we've had a couple ammonia smelling daytime dipes (enough that it's definitely not normal, but not burning her either) but her night time diaper wasn't bad at all! DS woke up crying again and is a little red and his was pretty smelly, but I THINK his inserts were from the first load (with less ammonia remover)... I'm thinking about throwing ALL of the diapers in again and doing a longer soak since it seems to be working, just not completely fixing the issue yet. Some of the Mamas that tried this had to do overnight soaks, so I think I might try that once and if that doesn't work... I'll get some kids n pets and bleach and try that.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #117
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do the overnight soak with the dawn so I can believe that. I still can not believe how hard of a time you are haveing getting this resolved! Good grief!!!!! Have you tried the kids n pets yet. I only have to put a cpl drops in the bottom of my airtight fc pails and there is no smell! It's even tough enough to 100% remove the smell of stomach virus vomit and diarrhea out of the carpet. It's a good option. I'd dump the whole bottle in with hot water and soak them all!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #118
MamaCrunch
Registered Users

No, not yet, that (and bleach) will be next if this doesn't work though! LOL I'm assuming since it's more like bac-out it would be more for poop smell and not ammonia? But I'm willing to try anything at this point! It's just getting ridiculous!

I really don't understand why we got it or why it won't go away either... it makes no sense... We never had an issue at all until we started using a new bottle of Purex and then I looked at the old bottle and realized that the ingredients list was SOOOOOO much longer and totally different... we've had the WORST time since then!! But that was 6 months or so ago... The new new washer complicated things even more... but I think I have that worked out now. I just need to get rid of the ammonia and then I think I can make it work now that I can get my washer full of water and using A&H detergent (and more of it now that I know we have harder water than I thought). It shouldn't be this hard to get rid of the ammonia though! LOL
Old 04-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #119
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The only things i have researched and know for sure can break up the ammonia salts is vinegar and dawn. The bacteria usually goes hand in hand with ammonia as it clings to the salts/buildup. It could have started with not enough detergent leading to bacteria and then the ammonia forming/clinging to the bacteria. You really may want to treat both issues. I'm really stumped as to why it hasn't gone away by now though. With the stripping and more detergent. Now with the hard water, you'll also get minerals building up which allows the ammonia to form as well as the bacteria as it has something to build on. I can't remember if you are useing a softner or not? if not, I would DEFF be adding that to the detergent so you don't get further buildup.

huggs hun!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #120
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

THANK YOU! One less thing for me to obsess over and worry about doing right.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote