Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #231
shmel
Registered Users
seller

Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

Great info! The manufacturers are so vague when it comes to washing details!

Advertisement

shmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #232
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rebecca-I'm glad to have helped even one moma. It's great you have a routine that's working for you hun! I'm kinda a back to basics girl, lol. I like to keep an easy routine that can stand up to ANY thing tosses in the mix.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #233
luvmyswissy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Bumping this up because it has some awesome info
Dawn
luvmyswissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #234
13kittycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

another bump!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #235
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just glad this thread is still being helpfull.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 07-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #236
jesslfar
Registered Users
seller

I just wanted to say that I printed this out and took it to a local consignment store so she could tell her customers what to do since she carries a lot of used diapers. I got hands down the nastiest diaper I have ever found in my life there, did not discover it until I went to put it through your routine and water started stinking. She is now passing it on to people who buy used and are clueless. Hopefully you are helping people who would think all used diapers are nasty.
jesslfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:44 AM   #237
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslfar View Post
I just wanted to say that I printed this out and took it to a local consignment store so she could tell her customers what to do since she carries a lot of used diapers. I got hands down the nastiest diaper I have ever found in my life there, did not discover it until I went to put it through your routine and water started stinking. She is now passing it on to people who buy used and are clueless. Hopefully you are helping people who would think all used diapers are nasty.

That was extreamly thoughtfull of you! I'm so glad you striped the diaper instead of just washing before putting on your lo. I started doing this to all of our fsot dipes because of a bad experience. I thought sanitiseing it with bleach would beenough and put one of my traded oned on William. He peepee'd in it and right away there was a horrid ammonia smell. I mean make me vomit trying to get it off smell. I had to leave him laying there something like 3 times while I ran away gaging. I never kenw amonia could get that bad. Especially after being washed in a sanitise cycle with that much bleach. Thank the Lord I noticed it right away and was able to get that smell off his skin. He would have been burnt.

Thanks so much for passing this along!

Cloth should be easy and fun!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #238
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have given up. My washer doesn't get enough water in it and nothing I try works. Dh is going to look at a portable washer this weekend for me. Used so its cheap and it will only be for diapers. Maybe I can finally get them clean
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #239
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh no way! I'm sooooo sorry! I'll be praying the new washer helps. Bless your heart! I honestly would be just ripping my hair out! Then I'd forbid the use of the tub for 3 days and soak them all in a whole darn bottle of dawn! I'd prob end up destroying them with all the trying diff things, but the ammonia would (hopefully) be gone. I'm sure you havetried just about everything out there! Please feel free to pm me if there happens to be anything at all I can do or even just to vent.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #240
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
Oh no way! I'm sooooo sorry! I'll be praying the new washer helps. Bless your heart! I honestly would be just ripping my hair out! Then I'd forbid the use of the tub for 3 days and soak them all in a whole darn bottle of dawn! I'd prob end up destroying them with all the trying diff things, but the ammonia would (hopefully) be gone. I'm sure you havetried just about everything out there! Please feel free to pm me if there happens to be anything at all I can do or even just to vent.
Dh goes tonight to look at it and I am praying it is decent shape cause they only want $40 for it now! He said he could get it all hooked up for me this weekend. I told him good cause I have resorted to sposies the past 2 days I was going to soak them all in the tub but everyone keeps getting a bath when I think about it lol.
They will get a good soaking this weekend and hoping this helps. Since we are having another baby I knew it could be another 3 yrs of diapers and I can't deal with the hassle anymore, so the washer will save me time and money and lots of frustration!
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote