Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #251
Inglefam6
Registered Users
seller

Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

Thanks! Lots of helpful tips!

Advertisement

Inglefam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #252
birdie
Registered Users
seller

You rock momma! Can we be friends? Haha.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #253
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks!

Yes
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #254
bubbaloubaby
Registered Users
seller

Subbing! I have been having laundry problems lately and getting pretty discouraged and frustrated. I will be reading through this thread tonight
Old 07-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #255
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After you read, lmk if you have questions that arn't answered. Hopefully you can find some info that can solve your troubles.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #256
jessnye
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a kind of weird problem. I have a son who just has very stinky poop that makes his poopy diapers very hard to get clean smelling. It isn't his diet; when he was exclusively b****** we had the same issue- his poop smelled like regular bf poop, so not really yucky, but the smell would linger in his diapers after they were washed. And I don't think it was MY diet; his brother and sister had no similar issues. I have always washed his diapers in hot, with various detergents including Tide or Country Save, and we have soft water. His diapers smell right out of the dryer, and it's just the poopy ones. I ALWAYS have to wash anything with PUL or other synthetics AT LEAST 4-5 times to get the smell out. I use 3/4 of a cup of bleach in the wash, and I've tried soaking them in Bac-Out for a night and then washing them. I've also tried washing them in Dawn, and sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. I really think my son's poop has some kind of oils or something in it that just makes the smell really stubborn. Any suggestions?
jessnye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #257
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MY dh got me my apartment sized washer Friday and got it all hooked up yesterday!
I have been washing all my diapers since. So far the smell clean and I am praying this does it. I hadn't used them in a few days cause the smell was too bad so I just did a good soak on them and then washed. I can tell I can't go too long because the washer is smaller but 2 days will be fine. I am so hoping to works! After all the plumbing supplies and the washer dh spent about $90(he bought stuff to hook it in our laundry room instead of to a sink like it was set up). But I figure will all the extra washes and rinses I was trying we will get our money back quickly!
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #258
IndoorKitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

The diapers only apartment sized washer is kind of my fantasy. What capacity did you get? Be sure to keep us posted.

Oh, and I found thus cool contraption on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Supposedly it creates suction which forces the water through the fabric. It's overpriced, but it might make the Dawn stomp strip extra strippy.

The remodel isn't going well.
IndoorKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #259
bubbaloubaby
Registered Users
seller

My diapers seem to not be getting clean enough. I have tried almost everything and don't know what else to do. I already use the max amount of ride original liquid. I bleach every load. I have tried adding a little detergent in my prewash and adding some bleach to my main wash. I do a light wash instead of a rinse at the beginning and the end. I have done a hot wash with dawn, I've tried vinegar. I have tried adding borax as well as calgon. I hate to think tide is the problem, I don't see how that can be. :-/
Old 07-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #260
Mom2lucy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

subbing. thanks! great info!
Mom2lucy is offline   Reply With Quote